Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Batley vs Barrow predictions

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#41 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,198 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:37 PM

We were never going to get anything from the game today. With McGilvary kicking the goals, that means Haggerty would of been rested which is a wise decision. The last 3 games are going to be crucial, win our home games and we should be fine.

I think the result has put some people back down to earth. It's going to be extremely tough these last few games, but I'm more than confident we will get through it.

Whatever has happened at Haven I really don't know.

Edit: Haggerty wasn't rested according to love RL wonder why he wasn't kicking.

Edited by barrowraiderskid, 11 August 2013 - 04:42 PM.

#42 Raider94

Raider94
  • Coach
  • 306 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:44 PM

Hopefully we dont need to rely on other teams, i really see town and keighley as must win games i think the 6 points will do us but who knows.

Tom Heighton

#43 off the wall

off the wall
  • Coach
  • 602 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:49 PM

no one should bet on any game in this league. who would have thought at start of today all three cumbrian teams getting their arses spanked. bet town put on the show of their season when they come down and play us and keighly get summat up there.

#44 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,198 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:56 PM

no one should bet on any game in this league. who would have thought at start of today all three cumbrian teams getting their arses spanked. bet town put on the show of their season when they come down and play us and keighly get summat up there.

Town and Keighly playing on Wednesday will be a huge advantage to ourselves. Hopefully town put them to the cleaners but get tired doing so.

#45 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:03 PM

well beat keighley on wednesday theres no worries about that. then sunday we might just play a 2nd string and help out our friendly neighbours.

Edited by wonky, 11 August 2013 - 05:03 PM.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#46 alba

alba
  • Coach
  • 223 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:15 PM

What are the fixtures for the bottom teams?

#47 eddo

eddo
  • Coach
  • 104 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:16 PM

Just back home and have witnessed another poor  performance following the excelllent result from last week. Batley were superior in  all aspects of play.

Our only apparent game plan was for our forwards trying to batter there way through,  hopeless. 

The penalty count against us which i believe was something like !7 to 5 didnt help mainly for his interpretation of a high tackle resulting in us possibly having only 35% of possession.

Has to be much improved against Wukkie next week

#48 RAIDERSRUS

RAIDERSRUS
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:24 PM

Not surprised Town got beat, most of their players were at a wedding all day Friday and got absolutely rat @rsed, when I heard this yesterday from someone who was there I couldn't see them winning.

#49 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:31 PM

well beat keighley on wednesday theres no worries about that. then sunday we might just play a 2nd string and help out our friendly neighbours.

I hope not Wonky, I would hate to think I'll be making that vomit inducing trip over corney to watch a depleted team, sorry about today boys we just need to keep 13 on the field in future !!

#50 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:07 PM

I am very disappointed we were stuffed as heavily as that after last weeks performance ... at least we could've given Batley a bloody game !

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#51 Tightrope

Tightrope
  • Players
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:39 PM

Haven getting hammered against Keighley at home 18-46
Town winning at Hunslet 16-12 after being down 0-12 at half time. Come n Town another 12 points.
We must beat Town, Swinton & Keighley now.

are you sure your a raiders supporter. why do barrow have to win all remaining games. Talk about negativity. We were never going to get a result at batley.

#52 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,572 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:05 PM

I didn't expect anything from Batley but being realistic about points. Swinton, Keighley & Hunslet are winning games but we've got to prove we can beat Swinton, Keighley and Workington or at least 2 of them. Last week was brilliant but we must be able to follow it up. I was expecting no points for Hunslet today and 1 point for Keighley.

Any way it doesn't matter what any of us think.  'Whatever Will Be Will Be' as Doris Day sung.

Posted Image

#53 mjc

mjc
  • Coach
  • 302 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:11 PM

Just back home and have witnessed another poor  performance following the excelllent result from last week. Batley were superior in  all aspects of play.

Our only apparent game plan was for our forwards trying to batter there way through,  hopeless. 

The penalty count against us which i believe was something like !7 to 5 didnt help mainly for his interpretation of a high tackle resulting in us possibly having only 35% of possession.

Has to be much improved against Wukkie next week

I believe we gave away 6 pens in each half which is unacceptable if we wish to win games

#54 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:23 PM

are you sure your a raiders supporter. why do barrow have to win all remaining games. Talk about negativity. We were never going to get a result at batley.

are you sure your a raiders supporter? talk about negativity.

our next 3 games are probably the most winnable  3 games in a row we have had all season, (not a dig at any of the 3 teams either before anyone starts)

to stay up we have to win our 2 home games and get at least a BP at swinton thats what i think anyways.

Cmon Barrow!

#55 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:50 PM

Not surprised Town got beat, most of their players were at a wedding all day Friday and got absolutely rat @rsed, when I heard this yesterday from someone who was there I couldn't see them winning.

Just imagine what they could do when sober!!!!!!!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#56 popular side

popular side
  • Players
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:50 PM

Batley was always going to be hard ,but only shows what most supporters agree we are too light and have been all season ,the big pack run all over us,don't blame the players,they try their best, who ever selects the signings does not see what is required,you have let us down

#57 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,572 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:21 PM

It's already be said on here that Barrow rarely have success at Batley. As far as the team is concerned we can only sign players e can afford. How Batley do it on their gates I don't know. We are the 5th best supported team in the Championship and we struggle. Also don't forget they are very used to playing up the 'hill'

As a point of interest they have won 5 home games and lost 4 and drawn 1.

Posted Image

#58 popular side

popular side
  • Players
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:38 PM

Mike sorry the. Statement we sign only what we can afford does not take into account we have signed players not up to what we need,no full back ,no pack leader,no weight in the pack
Sign what we need not second best, one player we need is better than two we can afford
I don't name anyone but the supports will tell you if you need to know