Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Amazon AutoRip

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,825 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:22 PM

Amazon have recently introduced the 'AutoRip' service, where you can download MP3 versions of albums or tracks you have bought from them in the past.

More information about AutoRip.

What they don't tell you is that if the album you bought has since been re-released with bonus tracks, you can get them free too! I've just been browsing my order history and I got one bonus track on a Garth Hudson album, but NINE on Calexico - Feast of Wire. B)

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#2 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,869 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:28 PM

The deals you can offer if you don't pay tax!

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#3 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,653 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:25 PM

To be precise, if you pay all the tax you are obliged to pay under the law.

#4 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,325 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:13 AM

I bought a couple of vinyl records from them recently and got an email to say I could 'autorip' them.

The words 'bicycle' and 'fish' sprang to mind.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#5 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,825 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:24 AM

I bought a couple of vinyl records from them recently and got an email to say I could 'autorip' them.

The words 'bicycle' and 'fish' sprang to mind.

I don't know; quite a useful alternative for listening on a portable player.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#6 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,588 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:27 AM

I don't know; quite a useful alternative for listening on a portable player.

It's also quite good for all of those CDs I've bought for others over the years as presents.  I now get a copy as well!

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#7 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,263 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:06 AM

Isn't this just legalising what everybody does anyway?

Except for ckn's post of course, even I wouldn't take the plastic off a gift CD to rip it!!
North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2014 - the hard work starts now

#8 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,825 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:20 AM

Isn't this just legalising what everybody does anyway?

Except for ckn's post of course, even I wouldn't take the plastic off a gift CD to rip it!!

I'd only use the service for bonus tracks and for CDs I've bought as presents for other people. All the CDs I own are ripped to lossless files, not MP3.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users