Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Tonight is ----------------------

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Spelly

Spelly
  • Coach
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:12 AM

-------------------------- huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge in our battle to avoid the big drop, so...........................

Let's get behind the lads, make plenty of noise, and send the Minster Men home without even a bonus-point!

COME ON YOU LIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spelly.

"--- and then on the eighth day, God created Rugby League."

Daily, my intense dislike of the Pinks, Rugby Yawnion, Manchester United, and far-right politics, grows ever larger, and will continue to do so forever more!

Question! What's the connection between Rugby League and Rugby Yawnion? Answer! There isn't one!

My girl-friend asked "If you had to choose between me and Swinton who would it be?" I replied "You know the answer to that one without even asking!"

#2 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:42 AM

-------------------------- huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge in our battle to avoid the big drop, so...........................

Let's get behind the lads, make plenty of noise, and send the Minster Men home without even a bonus-point!

COME ON YOU LIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spelly.

Well done mate - looking on here didn't realise you were even playing tonight...

#3 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,915 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:23 AM

looking forward to tonight

COME ON YOU LIONS.........

#4 class of 63

class of 63
  • Coach
  • 235 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:57 PM

Spot on John - we have got to get the 3 points at least, or in my opinion looking at the remaining fixtures its hello Gloucester, Hemel and Oxford and to be honest if we can't beat York at home with all that is at stake that's probably what we deserve, so come on lads keep our hopes alive and as Mark said really looking forward to tonight.

#5 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,849 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:34 PM

Given the way you've been playing recently, tonight will be no problem. Swinton 40 York 16.

Posted Image

#6 lionsfanusa

lionsfanusa
  • Coach
  • 411 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:08 PM

See you tonight Spelly. Made it in spite of all Delta's efforts to keep me grounded in Boston!

In light of the importance of the occasion, I promise not to discuss scrums!
Posted Image

#7 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,709 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:49 PM

See you tonight Spelly. Made it in spite of all Delta's efforts to keep me grounded in Boston!

Boston eh? Just go further north up to the Humber and along the M62 and you're almost there.

#8 dummy scissors

dummy scissors
  • Coach
  • 237 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:21 PM

Well done Lions - that will do very nicely.  Onwards and hopefully upwards.

#9 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,800 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:26 PM

Cant see you getting dragged back into the bottom two, well played you were by far the better team

#10 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,915 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:27 PM

Brilliant performance from the Lions tonight
I thought Sarsfield was a deserved man of the match
He was a machine

Im pleased for those of us who keep the faith . Stay loyal despite how good or how bad things are

Well done to the lads.

#11 Spelly

Spelly
  • Coach
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:28 PM

Welcome Geoff, and you brought us some good luck!

Discipline, and defence both first class this evening, comfortably denying 'em a bonus-point, to give our survival hopes a massive boost!

Well done to all concerned tonight, and........................

PROUD TO BE A LION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spelly

"--- and then on the eighth day, God created Rugby League."

Daily, my intense dislike of the Pinks, Rugby Yawnion, Manchester United, and far-right politics, grows ever larger, and will continue to do so forever more!

Question! What's the connection between Rugby League and Rugby Yawnion? Answer! There isn't one!

My girl-friend asked "If you had to choose between me and Swinton who would it be?" I replied "You know the answer to that one without even asking!"

#12 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:00 AM

I normally hate watching the Lions on TV, given our usual performances when on live, but I really really enjoyed that match, after the sh it week I've had I needed cheering up, Well Done Lads, and thank you
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#13 class of 63

class of 63
  • Coach
  • 235 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:42 AM

As stated a 'massive game' and we performed - great showing by all the lads - achieved what we aimed for, no bonus point to York - the way are playing I am now quietly confident we will stay up, but still all to play for - no doubt the bonus point scenario makes it all the more interesting.

#14 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 314 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:05 PM

As stated a 'massive game' and we performed - great showing by all the lads - achieved what we aimed for, no bonus point to York - the way are playing I am now quietly confident we will stay up, but still all to play for - no doubt the bonus point scenario makes it all the more interesting.

I have been monitoring the bonus point situation as I was not sure if I liked it of not.

Looking at the present league table the only team to have benefitted (as regards) position in the league is Barrow who would, without bonuses be below York on points difference and are in fact 3 points ahead. Other than that all teams would be in the same position.

However it clearly is important at the bottom as without bonuses, Hunslet would be further adrift at the bottom by 2 wins and Barrow would be in the bottom 2.

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#15 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,709 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:03 PM

Our improved defence, that's the bedrock the current run of good performances is based on without any doubt.

:yahoo:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users