Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Dragons boss blasts RFL disciplinary process

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Bostik Bailey

Bostik Bailey
  • Coach
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:06 AM

Cracking little video, I've no sound but I imagine it's Edith Piaf playing.

Each one of those deserved a ban IMO. But still, it's nice to see Catalan have their priorities right, sod O'Brien who got hit, it's Taia who's the victim here. :rolleyes:

That is not the issue, they have their priorities right, all they are asking for is consistency.

In my opinion all the tackles ( possibly not the Ellis one ) deserved a ban. The RFL only decided to punish Catalan. The RFL are so inept in this case that they couldn't see that letting dangerous late challenges go unpunished they were letting precedents gather.

There was no directive between the Taylor one and the Taia one, therefore they were saying its open season.

By the way the amount of Saints fans who agree with Catalan, considering it was our player, proves the point.

#22 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:09 AM

Did anyone see the feature on Boots N All?

It was a decent little insight, and astonishing considering it didn't have Sam Tomkins, anyway it continues next week.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#23 League Express

League Express
  • 1,029 posts

Taia loses appeal against ban

Catalan Dragons player Zeb Taia has lost his appeal against a three match ban imposed on him by an RFL Disciplinary Tribunal earlier this week.
Taia was handed the three match ban, plus a £300 fine, after he was found guilty of committing a Grade C reckless striking with the shoulder offence during Catalan’s Super League Round 23 game against St Helens on Saturday August 3.
Taia appeared before a Disciplinary Tribunal again this evening to contest the severity of the suspension, but after taking all submissions into consideration, the committee deemed the original sanction of a three match ban appropriate and ordered the forfeit of a £200 appeal bond.

League Express is Britain's biggest selling Rugby League publication
On sale every Monday, in shops, on subscription and online for PC/MAC, iPad, iPhone, Android & Kindle Fire.
Follow us on Twitter @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

#24 League Express

League Express
  • 1,029 posts

Laurent Frayssinous has responded to the RFL's disciplinary tribunal appeal hearing for Zeb Taia who have upheld the three game ban that was given to him on Tuesday evening.
Frayssinous stated "We are disappointed to hear that the RFL disciplinary tribunal has seen fit to confirm that Zeb Taia will miss our next three games. We are not happy about the decision after we put together what we thought was a balanced and reasonable appeal. We will keep a close eye on any decisions that go to the tribunal over the coming weeks.
"We are a strong club, we have a group of players who have a strong mentality and we have an excellent set of supporters. This will not grind us down, but only strengthen us to perform over the next few games and seal our place in the play-offs for when Zeb returns to our team."

League Express is Britain's biggest selling Rugby League publication
On sale every Monday, in shops, on subscription and online for PC/MAC, iPad, iPhone, Android & Kindle Fire.
Follow us on Twitter @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

#25 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:29 AM

Catalan defend Julien Bousquet

It's not the first time they've cried foul play over their own teams foul play. Frayssinous, "I don't think it is a late challenge, but just perhaps the timing is out a little."

This is a Bet365 link where Frayssinous dismisses that Catalan get home favouritism, here.

Basically, they've got form when it comes to whinging.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#26 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:54 AM

Laurent Frayssinous has responded to the RFL's disciplinary tribunal appeal hearing for Zeb Taia who have upheld the three game ban that was given to him on Tuesday evening.
Frayssinous stated "We are disappointed to hear that the RFL disciplinary tribunal has seen fit to confirm that Zeb Taia will miss our next three games. We are not happy about the decision after we put together what we thought was a balanced and reasonable appeal. We will keep a close eye on any decisions that go to the tribunal over the coming weeks.
"We are a strong club, we have a group of players who have a strong mentality and we have an excellent set of supporters. This will not grind us down, but only strengthen us to perform over the next few games and seal our place in the play-offs for when Zeb returns to our team."

I think that's a little bit dramatic to be honest. A 3 game ban to a player at this stage isn't exactly a major crisis regardless of how hard done by they might be feeling. Perhaps he's attempting to instil a backs to the wall mentality into his team.

I do hope Catalans have a strong finish to the season though. Saints aside (obviously) then they'd be my preferred choice to win at Old Trafford.

#27 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:02 AM

I think that's a little bit dramatic to be honest. A 3 game ban to a player at this stage isn't exactly a major crisis regardless of how hard done by they might be feeling. Perhaps he's attempting to instil a backs to the wall mentality into his team.

I do hope Catalans have a strong finish to the season though. Saints aside (obviously) then they'd be my preferred choice to win at Old Trafford.

Next week it'll be a press release about their run in. The RFL are biased...

(It's a hell of a run in though, after Saints last week, a pepped up Bulls, Wigan, Leeds and then Wire)

If, a big if, we win - and I think we may - then I'd struggle to see them winning another game.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#28 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:13 AM

Next week it'll be a press release about their run in. The RFL are biased...

(It's a hell of a run in though, after Saints last week, a pepped up Bulls, Wigan, Leeds and then Wire)

If, a big if, we win - and I think we may - then I'd struggle to see them winning another game.

That is an extremely nasty run in, and to my surprise they're only 4 points clear of you, I was thinking that their place in the 8 was more or less secure for some reason. They've got a lot of work to do even to make the playoffs, so I understand why it seems like such a bitter blow to them now, they'll need all the help they can get.

They need to put this behind them now and focus on what's to come as there's going to be little room for slip ups.

#29 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:15 AM

That is an extremely nasty run in, and to my surprise they're only 4 points clear of you, I was thinking that their place in the 8 was more or less secure for some reason. They've got a lot of work to do even to make the playoffs, so I understand why it seems like such a bitter blow to them now, they'll need all the help they can get.

They need to put this behind them now and focus on what's to come as there's going to be little room for slip ups.

Nah, f*ck 'em! ;)

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#30 Middleman

Middleman
  • Coach
  • 206 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:28 PM

ON/561/13

Gregory Mounis-Catalans-Catalans v St Helens-03/08/13

ON/562/13

Zeb Taia-Catalans-Catalans v St Helens-03/08/13

ON/563/13

Michael Simon-Catalans-Catalans v St Helens-03/08/13

ON/565/13

Antonio Maria-Catalans-Catalans v St Helens-03/08/13

ON/508/13

Ian Henderson-Catalans-Salford v Catalans-19/07/13

ON/509/13

Greg Mounis-Catalans-Salford v Catalans-19/07/13

ON/510/13

Remi Casty-Catalans-Salford v Catalans-19/07/13

ON/484/13

Jamal Fakir-Catalans-Catalans v Hull-13/07/13

ON/483/13

Mathias Pala-Catalans-Catalans v London-06/07/13

ON/484/13

Julien Bousquet-Catalans-Catalans v London-06/07/13

ON/485/13

Vincent Duport-Catalans-Catalans v London-06/07/13

ON/447/13

Gregory Mounis-Catalans-Huddersfield v Catalans--8/06/13

ON/391/13

Steve Menzies-Catalans-Catalans v Hull-08/06/13

ON/392/13

Greg Mounis-Catalans-Catalans v Hull-08/06/13

ON/374/13

Morgan Escare-Catalans-Widnes v Catalans-02/06/13

ON/376/13

Jamal Fakir-Catalans-Widnes v Catalans-02/06/13

ON/351/13

Jamal Fakir-Catalans-Catalans v London-25/05/13

ON/334/13

Ian Henderson-Catalans-Catalans v Castleford-18/05/13

ON/335/13

Vincent Duport-Catalans-Catalans v Castleford-18/05/13

ON/319/13

Antonio Maria-Catalans-Catalans v York-12/05/13

ON/284/13

Leon Pryce-Catalans-Wakefield v Catalans-04/05/13

ON/251/13

Remi Casty-Catalans-Catalans v Huddersfield-27/04/13

ON/238/13

Ian Henderson-Catalans-Hunslet v Catalans-21/04/13

ON/183/13

Oliver Elima-Catalans-Catalans v Leeds-01/04/13

ON/184/13

Zeb Taia-Catalans-Catalans v Leeds-01/04/13

ON/186/13

Jamal Fakir-Catalans-Catalans v Leeds-01/04/13

ON/187/13

Gregory Mounis-Catalans-Catalans v Leeds-01/04/13

ON/162/13

Michael Simon-Catalans-London v Catalans-28/03/13

ON/145/13

Zeb Taia-Catalans-Catalans v Bradford-24/03/13

ON/127/13

Ian Henderson-Catalans-Catalans v Widnes-16/03/13

ON/109/13

Ian Henderson-Catalans-Wigan v Catalans-08/03/13

ON/110/13

Eloi Pelissier-Catalans-Wigan v Catalans-08/03/13

ON/111/13

Oliver Elima-Catalans-Wigan v Catalans-08/03/13

ON/83/13

Antonio Maria-Catalans-Catalans v Wakefield-02/03/13

ON/41/13

Leon Pryce-Catalans-Warrington v Catalans-15/02/13

ON/42/13

Oliver Elima-Catalans-Warrington v Catalans-15/02/13

ON/44/13

Brent Webb-Catalans-Warrington v Catalans-15/02/13

ON/27/13

Julien Bousquet-Catalans-Catalans v Salford-09/02/13

ON/27/13 - Appeal

Julien Bousquet-Catalans-Catalan v Salford-09/02/13-

ON/26/13

Thomas Bosc-Catalans-Hull KR v Catalans-03/02/13

Statistically they are one set of dirty mothers

they top the Red Card / Yellow Card Stats, and are 2nd only Hull KR in Penatties conceeded, their RFL disciplinary runs like war & peace , but mainly war .

So yeah it's all a conspiracy ....

Edited by Middleman, 09 August 2013 - 12:38 PM.

#31 Saint Toppy

Saint Toppy
  • Coach
  • 2,643 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:37 PM

Interesting part to Taia's defence:-

"The player states that he has come into the tackle and he feels it was a committed tackle and that it was shoulder to shoulder"

Taia obviously still doesn't understand that you can't tackle an opponent by just using your shoulder, regardless of where the impact point was !

#32 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:12 PM

Interesting part to Taia's defence:-

"The player states that he has come into the tackle and he feels it was a committed tackle and that it was shoulder to shoulder"

Taia obviously still doesn't understand that you can't tackle an opponent by just using your shoulder, regardless of where the impact point was !

I don't want to see players get banned for a shoulder to shoulder hit though (and I'm not saying his hit on O'Brien was). If a shoulder charge is aimed at the mid section for example (see Koroibete's hit which was penalised in the Tigers vs Eels game earlier) then why should that warrant a ban? Or even a penalty?

I'd only like to see bans handed out for shoulder charges which make contact with the head, and still think Taia's did.

#33 zorquif

zorquif
  • Coach
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:23 AM

Why after making concessions to help make catalans successful would the rfl have a disciplinary vendetta against them? Did the club release that video? If so they should get a giant fine for bringing the club into disrepute

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users