• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 836 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:14 PM

28-18.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#22 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 836 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:19 PM

32-18
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

#23 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 836 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:33 PM

34-18

[

#24 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:44 PM

At least we scored in the 2nd half

#25 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 836 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:56 PM

52-18

[

#26 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 836 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:07 PM

I didn't go but a disappointing score line if not unexpected. GM has to try and pick players up for an equally difficult game against Sheffield.

[

#27 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:14 PM

Although the high score line Dewsbury did very well in patches
Don't know if Pryce had a bad day but if he always plays like that you need to spend the money else where
Good luck for the rest of the season

#28 Rambo

Rambo
  • Coach
  • 500 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:19 PM

Anyone know if Pryce is signed on for next season?
Posted Image

#29 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 836 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:26 PM

I don't think he is , I'd guess GM would try and sign him though. Plus point was Austin is back.

[

#30 Ramemhard

Ramemhard
  • Players
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:36 PM

I don't think he is , I'd guess GM would try and sign him though. Plus point was Austin is back.

and didnt do a lot!!

#31 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 836 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:42 PM

TBF it was his first game for a long time .

Edited by Ramite, 11 August 2013 - 07:42 PM.

[

#32 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:42 PM

How did Hyde and Schofield do at half back?

#33 Ramemhard

Ramemhard
  • Players
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:09 PM

Schofield = terrible! Bad kicks, cannot tackle. Hyde = a little better.

Dewsbury looked good for a bonus point until heads went down after decisions went against.

Morton made a lot of errors however outstanding collecting the ball and looked to be trying to make something happen.

Pryce was impressive defensively, probably made the scoreline less than it ended up.

Think Lillycrop, Schofield, Tebb and Tonks need to look hard at themselves after this match.

Injuries seem to have decimated the side and the bench today was not up to scratch

GM has his work cut out to build the attacking confidence to get a win against Sheffield

#34 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:04 PM

For me this was a performance of some good rugby, stupid errors, bad tackling and wrong decisions by the officials.
We scored our first try by Hepworth against the run of play with some astute kicking from Hyde and took the lead with some good rugby leading to a try by Morton. Our third try in the second half was from Brown's backing up of Gallagher's fine break.
We missed out on one in the second half when Austin, kicked ahead twenty metres out as he was being tackled, with Pryce following through was just beaten by a Fev defender who knocked on at the line. Pryce seemed to be out of breath with his 20 metre dash, so assume he was injured with the effort.

Stupid errors; knocked on in crucial areas, sometimes leading to tries for the hosts, gave unnecessary penalties away as usual.
Time and again we tried to body tackle an opponent who simply barged his way past, when one up and one around the legs would have stopped the player without him being able to pass the ball. We must learn to grab an opponent's legs (see below). I am sure when they scored one second half try, a long cut out pass had Pryce standing with his arms akimbo (and here I'm not trying to single him out).
We never harried Finn at the sixth tackle and he kicked for the corner successfully too many times, except at the end when he fooled everybody and went in for a try himself.

Wrong decisions; unfortunately Mr Hewer and his colleagues failed to see forward passes (from which Festherstone scored at least two tries - one with two of those going unseen (or ignored), twice we were penalised from pinching the ball in the tackling when, clearly it was lost. For some time now it makes me wonder why the officials ignore these two types of error (Leeds Rhinos seemed to be the best exponents) and I do wish we could get something done about them.
Saxton thumped a Dewsbury player in front of the touch judge, who immediately entered the field do play, only to retreat when he saw that Hewer wasn't interested!

Having put all that, we weren't good enough and Featherstone did play some good football, sending out great cut out passes, or simply passing quickly along the line to good effect. I have to congratulate them on that, it was very good at times.

If we could just play for the full eighty minutes we would be fine and Sheffiled would be worried, but we don't, heads go down and the points pile up against us.

Doncaster will be looking forward to facing us after their result at Halifax today.

Edited by Crown Flatter, 11 August 2013 - 10:12 PM.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

#35 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,056 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:28 PM

For me this was a performance of some good rugby, stupid errors, bad tackling and wrong decisions by the officials.
We scored our first try by Hepworth against the run of play with some astute kicking from Hyde and took the lead with some good rugby leading to a try by Morton. Our third try in the second half was from Brown's backing up of Gallagher's fine break.
We missed out on one in the second half when Austin, kicked ahead twenty metres out as he was being tackled, with Pryce following through was just beaten by a Fev defender who knocked on at the line. Pryce seemed to be out of breath with his 20 metre dash, so assume he was injured with the effort.

Stupid errors; knocked on in crucial areas, sometimes leading to tries for the hosts, gave unnecessary penalties away as usual.
Time and again we tried to body tackle an opponent who simply barged his way past, when one up and one around the legs would have stopped the player without him being able to pass the ball. We must learn to grab an opponent's legs (see below). I am sure when they scored one second half try, a long cut out pass had Pryce standing with his arms akimbo (and here I'm not trying to single him out).
We never harried Finn at the sixth tackle and he kicked for the corner successfully too many times, except at the end when he fooled everybody and went in for a try himself.

Wrong decisions; unfortunately Mr Hewer and his colleagues failed to see forward passes (from which Festherstone scored at least two tries - one with two of those going unseen (or ignored), twice we were penalised from pinching the ball in the tackling when, clearly it was lost. For some time now it makes me wonder why the officials ignore these two types of error (Leeds Rhinos seemed to be the best exponents) and I do wish we could get something done about them.
Saxton thumped a Dewsbury player in front of the touch judge, who immediately entered the field do play, only to retreat when he saw that Hewer wasn't interested!

Having put all that, we weren't good enough and Featherstone did play some good football, sending out great cut out passes, or simply passing quickly along the line to good effect. I have to congratulate them on that, it was very good at times.

If we could just play for the full eighty minutes we would be fine and Sheffiled would be worried, but we don't, heads go down and the points pile up against us.

Doncaster will be looking forward to facing us after their result at Halifax today.

TBF Dewsbury's try in the second half came off a blatant forward pass - I was right in line.  Dewsbury looked good for the first twenty of each half and then seemed to run out of steam. Fev were good in two 15 minute patches which in effect turned the game. I don't think the score reflected the game.

"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

#36 BROADEDDIE

BROADEDDIE
  • Coach
  • 154 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:13 AM

To be honest the better TEAM won.
What's happened to our forwards poor in defence and attack, can only remember one line break by Gallagher off which Brown scored.
As mentioned previously nobody put any pressure on their half backs whereas ours got battered every time they got the ball.
The only plus out of this game was Brown lasted the full 80 and had a decent game, all the players need to put in the same sort of effort as he does.
Thought we could have sneaked a bonus point but 4tries in the dying minutes killed that off.
How they do against Sheffield is really down to the players and what attitude they turn with on the day.

#37 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:38 AM

I just want craven at full-back and morton back on the wing is that too much to ask? Brown back at stand-off and goulding at scrum half. O'brien at hooker and Gallagher at loose forward. Buchanan on the other wing and can we please play as a team. Is this too much to ask??

#38 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,293 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:45 AM

I just want craven at full-back and morton back on the wing is that too much to ask? Brown back at stand-off and goulding at scrum half. O'brien at hooker and Gallagher at loose forward. Buchanan on the other wing and can we please play as a team. Is this too much to ask??

It would seem the answer is "yes".

However Goulding and O'Brien were both unavailable I believe - the weakness of DR is exposed once again.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#39 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:41 AM

It would seem the answer is "yes".

However Goulding and O'Brien were both unavailable I believe - the weakness of DR is exposed once again.

Goulding made his debut for wakey at the weekend. My mates say he had a stormer too and were very impressed with him. So maybe you won't see him again this season in a dewsbury shirt.

#40 Wilsden Ram

Wilsden Ram
  • Coach
  • 234 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:42 PM

Goulding was on loan not DR but this is terminated following his return to Wakefield.

O'Brien was injured last week against Hunslet - looked like either shoulder or arm.

Other players missing through injury were Watkinson, Spicer, Walshaw and Wright.

Crown Flatter and Ramemhard's comments on the game are accurate, don't think ER's
positional changes would have made any difference yesterday as their forwards completely
dominated our pack for most of the game. Our defence left huge gaps for Cain and Finn
to exploit. The difference in class was proportional to the difference in wage levels as it
will always be in any sport.

Edited by Wilsden Ram, 12 August 2013 - 12:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users