Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

swinton v york

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#41 Raider94

Raider94
  • Coach
  • 298 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:48 PM

Look forward to seeing your bus loads at our place in a fortnight then morty

Your place? Arent we playing at leigh?

Tom Heighton

#42 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,915 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:27 PM

Listen lads if this is your best banter .............

#43 Dave W

Dave W
  • Coach
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:03 PM

Deleted

Edited by Dave W, 09 August 2013 - 06:04 PM.

#44 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:20 PM

After what we've been through over the past 20 years it's a miracle there was anybody there at all. That we're competitive at this level is a tribute to the club and those loyal fans who have stuck with it. All 400 of 'em!

I have real sympathy with what Swinton fans have gone through over the years and they are a loyal bunch considering they have become the "Gypo's" of RL. But come on boys there was never anywhere near 400 at that game. :sclerosis:

#45 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,236 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:33 PM

You cannot tell the size of the crowd in televised games. The tv cameras are often on the same side as the majority of the fans. When we played at Leigh the stand opposite was empty.

Edited by bearman, 09 August 2013 - 06:34 PM.

Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#46 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:45 PM

You cannot tell the size of the crowd in televised games. The tv cameras are often on the same side as the majority of the fans. When we played at Leigh the stand opposite was empty.

Not at LSV, cameras are opposite to the only section of stadium that is open.

#47 dummy scissors

dummy scissors
  • Coach
  • 237 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:33 PM

If I remember correctly last time the Lions had a home televised match at LSV the official attendance was given as an estimated 400.  How can we not have known how many punters had gone through the gates?  I'm sure there weren't that many there that night either. 

#48 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:15 PM

Does it matter..we won, 3pts and a real possibility that next season we will be playing Championship rugby.
Quite frankly I couldn't care less what Barrow or other supporters think, you worry about you own team who now sit below us in the league.
Realistically just how many fans do you think made the trip from York and in addition I am aware of Lions fans who couldn't make it, fact is Thursday night Rugby will always hit attendances unless the club puts a promotion on as we did when we played Whitehaven and had well over 1000 in attendance.
The real travesty is that TV pay the clubs nothing.

#49 dummy scissors

dummy scissors
  • Coach
  • 237 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:25 PM

Does it matter..we won, 3pts and a real possibility that next season we will be playing Championship rugby.
Quite frankly I couldn't care less what Barrow or other supporters think, you worry about you own team who now sit below us in the league.
Realistically just how many fans do you think made the trip from York and in addition I am aware of Lions fans who couldn't make it, fact is Thursday night Rugby will always hit attendances unless the club puts a promotion on as we did when we played Whitehaven and had well over 1000 in attendance.
The real travesty is that TV pay the clubs nothing.

No it doesn't matter in the great scheme of things but I think an accurate official attendance is interesting to see even if it is disappointingly low.

#50 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:59 PM

Hawkyard Penny Harvey Watson Smith Hawkyard Sarsfield Hulme Taharouri Mills Brown......all Swinton own
Morrison Burke Riley Mendieka been with us since the opening friendly matches
Nanyn on loan 
Williams dual reg

Not much different than most teams...
Eh Shun? 

Dont let some facts get in the way of some excuses though ;)

jeez u are a touchy one aren't you?! was just a ###### take m8, lighten up! i thought yous would be used to this by now.

great win by the way, about time you put up some performances with the quality of players that you have at your disposal,

nanyn was your stand out player for me.

looking forward to the big one, Swinton V Barrow

#51 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,915 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:33 PM

Its amazing when someone has a dig and you have one back you become the touchy one
The majority of the players we have at our disposal are very very young. Maybe theyve just found their feet
Who knows?
As for Thursday night attendances I struggled to make it and it was my day off and its just down the road. Who cares?
Im glad I went it was a great game.

#52 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 865 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:10 PM

If I'm right, Pennington asked the question, ( how can a club survive with an attendance like that ). We all know that midweek games affect attendances but to have an attendence between 200 and 400, surely a club can not survive on that, unless you have a fantastic advertising team!!!!!

I know its not your fault Mark, most teams seem to bring Des back into the equation when there seems to be some 'banter' between clubs.

You've got to remember, we got caught !!!

Anyway, well done on the win and I agree with Marshy 1, the real culprits are the TV companies, either it be SKY or PREMIER SPORTS

FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#53 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,878 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:26 AM

Swinton are averaging about 650 attendance wise. So actually not much lower than ourselves this season. But then again we have our own ground which will mean we take all beer and food takings ect. What's Swintons deal with the LSV?

#54 Paul Ballantyne

Paul Ballantyne
  • Coach
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 06:17 AM

This seems to be dragging on now this banter so lets do it like men and get together on the Thursday night before the game, have a pint and take the ###### out of each other. So where do you guys have a pint before the game?

#55 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 574 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:39 AM

A few of us go in the White Lion on Leigh Road in the town centre. Friendly little boozer, reasonable prices and really good real ale selection. Bring Raiders96 with you and if he behaves I'll buy him a lemonade and a bag of salt & vinegar crisps.

#56 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:53 AM

A few of us go in the White Lion on Leigh Road in the town centre. Friendly little boozer, reasonable prices and really good real ale selection. Bring Raiders96 with you and if he behaves I'll buy him a lemonade and a bag of salt & vinegar crisps.

Excellent Steve.

#57 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 377 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:30 PM

Bring Raiders96 with you and if he behaves I'll buy him a lemonade and a bag of salt & vinegar crisps.

Aww

#58 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,878 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:58 PM

I think ourselves and Swinton are both going to stay up if I'm honest, if that means anything. Might make the trip to Swinton depending on work, possibility that both our Championship statuses will be confirmed after the fixture.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users