Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

York

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 611 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:25 PM

Professional performance. Wobbled slightly when Smithy off the field at the start of the 2nd half but otherwise confidence from the Fev game plain to see. Denied them a bonus as well. Well played lads!

#2 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 335 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:37 PM

Managed the ball well for the most part and the forwards looked big with straight forward yards. Few too many breaks of the line in the second half but overall was very pleased with the discipline and ball handling. Mendieka certainly has an eye for a try. Did find it strange that York seemed to only want to go right in the second half, maybe they were targeting a weakness.

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#3 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:56 PM

Job done tonight and done with a touch of style especially in the first half.

I agree that they came back at us and it was a nervous few minutes but overall satisfied with the commitment of the team tonight and I think they along with the three coaches deserve some credit for now giving us a fighting chance.

Interesting to see Andy Gregory who appeared to have made some notes talking with the coaches upstairs after the game.!!

#4 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,030 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:59 PM

Notes? It was a drinks order
30 pints of Guinness please.

#5 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:08 PM

Notes? It was a drinks order
30 pints of Guinness please.

Harsh Mark.

#6 wayne_r

wayne_r
  • Coach
  • 382 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:46 PM

Missed the match tonight thanks to my train from Sheffield being delayed a mere 1hr 35mins due to points failure outside Grindleford....sounds like an episode from Reg Perrin.........anyway surely the team has now turned the corner and will continue to improve...........and of course continue to win.....:)

#7 Paul Davidson

Paul Davidson
  • Coach
  • 580 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:26 PM

Cracking performance tonight by all. These last three games have been entertaining to watch as well. Long may it continue!
Hope the injury to Daz isn't as bad as it looked. Class player who always acknowledges the supporters.

#8 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:30 PM

A massive win for us. York are far from down after this loss but I wouldn't have been confident of our survival had we lost tonight. Some good performances around the park, Sarsfield a deserved MOM. Richie was also awesome. Daz with a brace along with Mendeika. Watto got done twice in defence but he got us back in the game in the first half after a shakey first 10 mins under York pressure.

Tahraoui really impressed tonight. I slated him after the Keighley sin binning but he was given another chance tonight and performed extremely well.

Keep it up Lions! 3 wins from 3 will see us safe, and in our current run of form I wouldn't bet against us!

Oh, and well done to the York fans who made it over at short notice on a Thursday night, top effort.

#9 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,042 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:45 AM

Rhys Williams is an interesting player. Always looked really promising and pacey when he was on loan at various SL clubs over the last two-three years, but appeared bloated, slow and pretty ungainly tonight. Has he been training with Warrington full-time this season or on a part-time basis with yourselves?

Posted Image

#10 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 335 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:30 AM

Rhys Williams is an interesting player. Always looked really promising and pacey when he was on loan at various SL clubs over the last two-three years, but appeared bloated, slow and pretty ungainly tonight. Has he been training with Warrington full-time this season or on a part-time basis with yourselves?

Fulltime in the Chippy  I suspect then with Mick Nanyn (so neither Swinton or Warrington). We use them to narrow these big pitches. :tongue:

Seriously though Rhys Williams has been excellent over the last few games (scored tonight and hat trick against Leigh last Sunday). Difficult to put down too (or is that the pie) ;)  

(I did notice that someone on the Leigh forum picked him as the championship player they would most like to bring in for next year.)

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#11 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:05 AM

Gary said that Darren Hawkyard was ok . He just took a stinger midway up his arm but is ok now.

Ryan Shaw is also back now from London as they released all of their loan players on Wednesday.

#12 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 934 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:42 AM

Big well done specifically to Millsy and Samir. David was everything he should be and looked a level up. Samir favoured some wild historical character, ripping it up andtthrowing them off!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#13 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,030 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:17 AM

Big James Brown is starting to look like a player too. Just the sort of chunky hard man we've missed since PJ left

#14 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:36 AM

Funny you should say that about James Brown Mark. We were talking in the press box last night and all agreed he his looking like our new Phil Joseph. Knocking people over and coming up with some good ball one on one.

Bring on Donny

#15 Martin

Martin
  • Coach
  • 235 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:37 AM

A big well done from Italy, never thought I'd see the day my carefully made holiday plan to arrive back Saturday evening would be ruined by satellite tv!

Nice to see Darren Hawkyard on the scoresheet.

Good to see Geoff make it, sorry I missed you

#16 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:03 AM

As I said on the Tonight Is thread....

I normally hate watching the Lions on TV, given our usual performances when on live, but I really really enjoyed that match, after the sh it week I've had I needed cheering up, Well Done Lads, and thank you
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#17 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:08 AM

Good performance tonight from wire... Oh warry warry

#18 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,030 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:13 AM

Ha ha Raiders96...now Im guessing the 96 is the year you were born. Why`ve you moved the discussion from your own forum?

#19 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:20 AM

Just congratulating use on your win!

#20 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 934 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:27 AM

Ha ha Raiders96...now Im guessing the 96 is the year you were born. Why`ve you moved the discussion from your own forum?

Well it's not his IQ level Mark!

How many D/R players were used last evening? Remind me please......

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users