Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Warrington

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:22 AM

Is it just me or are they flying under the radar at moment? They certainly seem to be going about their business quietly I almost forget they can win the LLS and are in good form. Even the Cup semi-final defeat doesn't seem to have dented their stride, nor have they been in a flap about anything for a long time. They certainly seem to be adopting a dark horse mentality while all the focus at the moment is around this Friday's top of the table clash. Good stuff Wire.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#2 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:33 AM

Completely agree, I think that the hype surrounding tonight has seen them get a little bit forgotten. I still think they'll win the LLS for multiple reasons, mostly because they're a good side with past experience of doing it but also because Huddersfield have it all to prove and the cup final will make it a lot harder for Wigan. 

At present I'd make them joint favourites with Leeds to win the Grand Final.

Edited by MrFussy, 09 August 2013 - 10:37 AM.

#3 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:21 PM

At full strength I'd have Wire and Wigan fairly evenly matched and slightly better than Hudds or Leeds. The play-off matches are dog eating dog though, so nothing can be taken for granted, but I'll do me as a play-off final..

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#4 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,701 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:26 PM

It's very hard to tell this year I think, there doesn't appear to be a front runner. They have as good a chance as anybody I'd say.

#5 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:43 PM

on their day wire are the best team in the league, but far too many old men may prove to be their undoing in the long run.
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#6 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:27 PM

Just get the shirt Hindle...

Lilly, Jacob and Isaac, what my life is about. Although our route through life is not how it should be, I am a blessed man.

#7 Saint Toppy

Saint Toppy
  • Coach
  • 2,643 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:30 PM

on their day wire are the best team in the league,

Counts for absolutely nothing under the current system.

You need half decent form to get into the 8 and then only have to play at or near your best for 4 consecutive weeks to be crowned champions.

At the moment i'd say there are 5 or 6 teams who are playing consistently well enough to win the title this year, and each of those are capale of beating the other on their day.

#8 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,511 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:16 PM

on their day wire are the best team in the league, but far too many old men may prove to be their undoing in the long run.

Totally agree. The run in is arguably the toughest part of the season. If they can't keep all of their senior players fit and healthy they may struggle. If they do, the other teams will need to be at their very to form to compete with them.

Also, if they meet Wigan at any stage of the playoffs it would be difficult to back against them as they seem to have the measure of Wigan recently.
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#9 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,731 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:42 PM

At full strength I'd have Wire and Wigan fairly evenly matched and slightly better than Hudds or Leeds. The play-off matches are dog eating dog though, so nothing can be taken for granted, but I'll do me as a play-off final..

Just as Joel Monaghan thinks it's all in the past....

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#10 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:09 PM

Just as Joel Monaghan thinks it's all in the past....

That's woof OF

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users