TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Doncaster v Knights

Weds 28/8

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#1 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:48 PM

York City Knights can confirm that our crucial Kingstone Press Championship game against Doncaster will be played on Wednesday 28th August, 7:30pm KO at the Keepmoat Stadium.

Posted Image

#2 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 659 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:04 PM

Need to get people there and get behind em give us the 14th man.

#3 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:23 PM

Need to get people there and get behind em give us the 14th man.

I agree, however immensely optimistic that may be.

It's time to park the camels.

2014 SQL League Leader

2014 SQL Grand Stupid Champion

#4 Caldecott

Caldecott
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:57 PM

Are the players paying for the bus?

YCK

#5 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 618 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:07 PM

Think we missed the bus on that one...

#6 PeteM

PeteM
  • Coach
  • 266 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:55 AM

Grim and bear it.

http://www.yorkpress...___and_bear_it/

#7 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:09 AM

Think we missed the bus on that one...

Are you saying the players are reneging on their promise to pay for a supporters coach to Doncaster after they promised to do so?

#8 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:12 AM

Are you saying the players are reneging on their promise to pay for a supporters coach to Doncaster after they promised to do so?

Who has said that?

Posted Image

#9 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:27 AM

Who has said that?

It seemed Mr Hall was alluding to it on his previous post? So Gav, are you saying the players are paying for a supporters coach to the Doncaster match?

#10 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:35 AM

It seemed Mr Hall was alluding to it on his previous post? So Gav, are you saying the players are paying for a supporters coach to the Doncaster match?

It hasn't been discussed yet, though I don't see why not.

I'm sure you understand the players are focusing on the small matter of Hunslet at home next Sunday first.

Posted Image

#11 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:46 AM

It hasn't been discussed yet, though I don't see why not.

I'm sure you understand the players are focusing on the small matter of Hunslet at home next Sunday first.

Oh I understand Gav, lets hope they can remain focused for the full 80 minutes and get the 3 points so desperately needed

#12 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:52 AM

Oh I understand Gav, lets hope they can remain focused for the full 80 minutes and get the 3 points so desperately needed

Spot on!

Posted Image

#13 fozzie

fozzie
  • Coach
  • 258 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 03:56 PM

Who has said that?

as we all know how important this game is providing we get a result against Hunslet next week (fingers crossed) is there any way the club can come to some arrangement with pullman coaches and get some cheap buses put on for the fans so we can get down there in numbers and get behind the lads ? It just a thought
WERE BLUE, WERE WHITE, WE ARE THE CITY KNIGHTS, WE ARE YORK, WE ARE YORK

#14 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 618 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 06:03 PM

The problem with that is...

#15 Caldecott

Caldecott
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:51 PM

Table if we beat Doncaster

Position| Team - Games Played - Points

11| Swinton - 25 - 31
12| Hunslet - 25 - 30
13| Barrow - 25 - 30
14| York - 25 - 29

Then next sunday it's...

Barrow v Keighley
Hunslet v Featherstone
Whitehaven v Swinton
York v Batley

So we're hypothetically only a point off safety, and all the other teams have to face tough teams. Keighley need to beat Barrow as they're on 32pts so Barrow will automatically overtake them if they win.

Featherstone will want to beat Hunslet to have a chance at winning the league leaders shield

Whitehaven need to win to get a play off spot.

Batley have pretty much got a play off spot and they can only play for fourth where Leigh are, and they have Dewsbury at home.

So lets not give up hope just yet. We can beat Doncaster and Batley and stay up.

So instead of resigning ourselves to relegation, lets support the team at Doncaster & Batley because you never know what might happen.

And we beat Doncaster away last season

Edited by Caldecott, 28 August 2013 - 10:57 AM.

YCK

#16 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:05 PM

Table if we beat Doncaster

Position| Team - Games Played - Points

11| Swinton - 25 - 31
12| Hunslet - 25 - 30
13| Barrow - 25 - 30
14| York - 25 - 29

Then next sunday it's...

Barrow v Keighley
Hunslet v Featherstone
Whitehaven v Swinton
York v Barrow

So we're hypothetically only a point off safety, and all the other teams have to face tough teams. Keighley need to beat Barrow as they're on 32pts so Barrow will automatically overtake them if they win.

Featherstone will want to beat Hunslet to have a chance at winning the league leaders shield

Whitehaven need to win to get a play off spot.

Batley have pretty much got a play off spot and they can only play for fourth where Leigh are, and they have Dewsbury at home.

So lets not give up hope just yet. We can beat Doncaster and Batley and stay up.

So instead of resigning ourselves to relegation, lets support the team at Doncaster & Batley because you never know what might happen.

And we beat Doncaster away last season

I admire your optimism. Only time will tell!

2014 SQL League Leader

#17 barlby knight

barlby knight
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:10 PM

Well I'm off to Donny , so lets get a few there & give the lads some much needed support ! Who else is going , I've got 3 others with me
LOVE THE KNIGHTS , LIVE THE KNIGHTS

#18 trig

trig
  • Coach
  • 145 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:16 PM

Well I'm off to Donny , so lets get a few there & give the lads some much needed support ! Who else is going , I've got 3 others with me

Am hoping to get there barlbyknight want us to stay up .will not be traveling much next year IF we do go down.

#19 Caldecott

Caldecott
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:17 PM

I'll be off... Hoping to see them win in the league away for the first time in 4 years. If they played like they did at Workington but me more clinical downfield, we should win.

YCK

#20 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:32 PM

Can't afford to go due to moving house next week, but will be listening on the radio waking up my daughter with either cheers of joy or fits of anger, lets hope it's the former.

2014 SQL League Leader

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users