Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Doncaster v Knights

Weds 28/8

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#21 trig

trig
  • Coach
  • 142 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:57 PM

Need to get people there and get behind em give us the 14th man.

You going down jiggy lad ?

#22 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,791 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:33 PM

Table if we beat Doncaster

Position| Team - Games Played - Points

11| Swinton - 25 - 31
12| Hunslet - 25 - 30
13| Barrow - 25 - 30
14| York - 25 - 29

Then next sunday it's...

Barrow v Keighley
Hunslet v Featherstone
Whitehaven v Swinton
York v Barrow

So we're hypothetically only a point off safety, and all the other teams have to face tough teams. Keighley need to beat Barrow as they're on 32pts so Barrow will automatically overtake them if they win.

Featherstone will want to beat Hunslet to have a chance at winning the league leaders shield

Whitehaven need to win to get a play off spot.

Batley have pretty much got a play off spot and they can only play for fourth where Leigh are, and they have Dewsbury at home.

So lets not give up hope just yet. We can beat Doncaster and Batley and stay up.

So instead of resigning ourselves to relegation, lets support the team at Doncaster & Batley because you never know what might happen.

And we beat Doncaster away last season

Best of luck in the next two games.

Edited by town4me, 25 August 2013 - 05:35 PM.

#23 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:36 PM

I'm going the lads need as much help as they can.

#24 fozzie

fozzie
  • Coach
  • 258 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:12 PM

We're going 5 in our car drum as well !!!!! (If we're allowed it)
WERE BLUE, WERE WHITE, WE ARE THE CITY KNIGHTS, WE ARE YORK, WE ARE YORK

#25 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:56 PM

whilst there is belief, there is still a chance

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#26 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:49 AM

You going down jiggy lad ?

yeah I'm going mate. Are you ?

#27 trig

trig
  • Coach
  • 142 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:27 AM

yeah I'm going mate. Are you ?

Am hoping to go just depends when get finished.

#28 weighman

weighman
  • Coach
  • 188 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:46 AM

Barrow appear to have a tough run in 2 games in 1 day.

#29 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,308 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:05 PM

Lots of excitement on the final day ... So unless I've missed something why aren't Premier Sports showing a game while keeping abreast with other games ? After following the whole season seems a missed opportunity to promote the league and finish things off ?

#30 badger24

badger24
  • Coach
  • 371 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:11 AM

Come on boys game day last big push for survival !!!! Come oooooonnnnmm

#31 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,116 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:11 AM

christ dont make it any harder than we are making it ourselves :crazy:

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#32 Caldecott

Caldecott
  • Coach
  • 101 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:58 AM

christ dont make it any harder than we are making it ourselves :crazy:

Changed now.

#33 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:19 AM

Good Luck to York tonight.

Nobody wants to see teams get relegated and it would be good if you can take it to the last game of the season and give yourselves a fighting chance of staying up but not at the expense of the Lions of course.

#34 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 871 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:26 PM

Good Luck to York tonight.

Nobody wants to see teams get relegated and it would be good if you can take it to the last game of the season and give yourselves a fighting chance of staying up but not at the expense of the Lions of course.

I have to agree. In truth there've been no mugs in this league (who'd have thought 26 league points with still two games to play would have had you bottom of the league?) and to be honest I think most of the teams remaining in the relegation battle are paying the price for not turning up on just one day and getting nowt, when they should have taken all three points (e.g. you v Whitehaven, us v Swinton, Swinton v Keighley, etc.) We're not too many of those types of result away from having nine clubs still in the relegation mix on the final weekend !

Best of luck - well for tonight anyway ...

#35 paul

paul
  • Players
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:35 PM

Hope we can win,then at least we can take it to the last game on Sunday,but we should not be in this mess,because the squad was more than capable of winning games against teams around us,but for some reason could not win these games.Reading The Press today(wed28th) it looks like all those players who have signed contracts for next season have got get out clauses for next season which must leave the club looking for players who have no clubs to go to.I also hope we do not go down the same avenue as this season,when the DR has been one sided to Hull benefit and not ours.I would still like to know from the club why for most of the season we were been offered players ,but towards the end of the season it all dried up?And don't give me the reason was that Hull were still in the cup and could not release players.

#36 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,847 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:56 PM

Hope we can win,then at least we can take it to the last game on Sunday,but we should not be in this mess,because the squad was more than capable of winning games against teams around us,but for some reason could not win these games.Reading The Press today(wed28th) it looks like all those players who have signed contracts for next season have got get out clauses for next season which must leave the club looking for players who have no clubs to go to.I also hope we do not go down the same avenue as this season,when the DR has been one sided to Hull benefit and not ours.I would still like to know from the club why for most of the season we were been offered players ,but towards the end of the season it all dried up?And don't give me the reason was that Hull were still in the cup and could not release players.

If we go down I can see the majority of the team been made up from this years Under-20s. If there's no promotion next  season it would be good to see local lads wearing the amber and black for a season of consolidation and then for an attempt at promotion the following season. As for DR? it was always for the benifit of the SL club and it looks like Hull took their players back, maybe the club could enlighten the supporters as to why?

Lets hope we win the next two games and then go from strength to strength. Come on you Knights!!!

Edited by Shadow45, 28 August 2013 - 03:57 PM.

#37 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,289 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:01 PM

And don't give me the reason was that Hull were still in the cup and could not release players.

What reason would you like?

Posted Image

#38 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,847 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:06 PM

What reason would you like?

Just an honest answer. We were been offered four and five players a game, then down to a couple and then none at the business end of the season. If it was down to Hulls cup run then that is a feable excuse as surely Hull wanted a sucessful season and must have factored this into their thoughts?

#39 SuperYork

SuperYork
  • Coach
  • 165 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:34 PM

Just an honest answer. We were been offered four and five players a game, then down to a couple and then none at the business end of the season. If it was down to Hulls cup run then that is a feable excuse as surely Hull wanted a sucessful season and must have factored this into their thoughts?

I would like to know how many times the likes of Hadley, Bowden, Kent, Green have featured in the last 5 weeks? Surely a couple of them would of benefited from game time with us and it would of added more strength and depth to out team. Anyone think if we didn't have DR system we might tried to get more players in? 

#40 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:15 PM

What happens if we draw? I can't math.

It's time to park the camels.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users