Lottery

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 lottery

lottery
  • Players
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:12 PM

Is it just me or is anyone else becoming increasingly worried about the standard of officiating in super league ? I am nearly 50 years old and a lifelong fan of RL, cutting my teeth at Derwent Park watching Workington Town and after a career in the forces have become an avid fan of Super League, although I will not reveal on here my favourite club. I am concerned that even with the 'state of the art ' technology available and more often than not there being 4 officials available, serious mistakes are being made that quite frankly, despite all players from both sides giving their all on the pitch the results of the contests are being compromised and unduly influenced by officials errors, in particular the forward pass or ball steal. Our game will never spread to the Deep South and Europe so instead of pumping money into clubs like the Broncos and Dragons the RFL would be better advised to use that money to invest in the heartland clubs and in particular to improve refereeing standards so that matches are no longer a lottery !  What do other people think ?

#2 archibald

archibald
  • Coach
  • 646 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:22 PM

I think you're correct. Perhaps money could also be invested in players to make sure they don't knock on, high tackle, fail to comprehend 10m or what markers square means. They could be taught not to rip the ball in the tackle if there's another team mate there. You may be onto something. Lets just train everyone so no-one ever makes a mistake. Genius.

#3 Pie tries

Pie tries
  • Coach
  • 456 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:30 PM

I'm not worried at all, scrutiny his increased to unprecedented levels for refs, they constantly improve. None story thread.

#4 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,783 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:22 AM

I think you're correct. Perhaps money could also be invested in players to make sure they don't knock on, high tackle, fail to comprehend 10m or what markers square means. They could be taught not to rip the ball in the tackle if there's another team mate there. You may be onto something. Lets just train everyone so no-one ever makes a mistake. Genius.

When players; knock on, high tackle, fail to comprehend 10m or what markers square means. They could be taught not to rip the ball in the tackle they get penalised, suspended and fined - What happens to the Ref.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#5 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,676 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:24 AM

Expansion causes bad refereeing. Never heard that one before. Incidentally I saw Brisbane, NSW and Roosters tops in Split yesterday (seems to be a town full of Aussies) so I can confirm RL has cracked Europe.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#6 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:32 AM

Expansion causes bad refereeing. Never heard that one before. Incidentally I saw Brisbane, NSW and Roosters tops in Split yesterday (seems to be a town full of Aussies) so I can confirm RL has cracked Europe.

Correction, the NRL has cracked Europe.

rldfsignature.jpg

#7 archibald

archibald
  • Coach
  • 646 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:58 AM

When players; knock on, high tackle, fail to comprehend 10m or what markers square means. They could be taught not to rip the ball in the tackle they get penalised, suspended and fined - What happens to the Ref.

Indeed they do, but they never learn from it as they do exactly the same things week after week. Ben Westwood must be skint by now, he always concedes a penalty in every game I see. Yet, there he is, week after week running onto the pitch, you'd think Smith would learn. Perhaps this sort of tough approach isn't what's required, it's just not producing players that never, ever do anything wrong.

#8 SE4Wire

SE4Wire
  • Coach
  • 655 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:56 AM

Reminds me of something I've had ref say to my team iin a pre-match chat. "You may disagree with some of my decisions but I don't want any arguing because I guarantee I'll make fewer mistakes than you do."

Fair and makes a point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users