rochdale v gateshead

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 ThunderArmy

ThunderArmy
  • Coach
  • 286 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 03:34 PM

Hi all..looking forward to the game hoping its closer than our other 2 games this season..weve improved alot hope its a good game i will be there tomorrow..come on thunder! Come on thunder!!

#2 ornit4ever

ornit4ever
  • Coach
  • 431 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 04:21 PM

You  have certainly  improved  massively  if  recent  results  are  anything  to  go by  and,   yes,  it should  be  a  very  interesting  game.

Hope  you  have  a safe  journey  down  and  a safe  but  sulky  journey back ;)

HORNETS!  HORNETS!  HORNETS!

RUGBY LEAGUE WITHOUT ROCHDALE HORNETS IS LIKE AN UNSHARPENED PENCIL, THERES NO POINT?

#3 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 955 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:22 AM

Get over to the Whitebank after boys and lets have ###### up !!! Smash the Hairnets in for us and we'll finish them off thursday night.

GIVE US A TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#4 StarfireHypervixen

StarfireHypervixen
  • Coach
  • 108 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:28 AM

I take it that you're not confident for Thursday, allroughyed

Edited by StarfireHypervixen, 11 August 2013 - 09:54 AM.

Living life in such a way, that when my feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan says "Oh *@$^! She's awake!"

#5 DaveButt

DaveButt
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:39 AM

Why the bloody hell would they want to go to Whitebank, they would be better off going to Beirut, much nicer place and nicer people. 

As for them turning us over, who knows. They have improved no end these last few weeks and we certainly can't afford to switch off for any time like we usually  do.

As for Thursday, we will see

#6 glemiln

glemiln
  • Coach
  • 213 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:02 PM

Too close for comfort - a 29-22 win - despite being 28-10 up with 30 mins to go!  Not helped by only 2 out of 6 conversions by Crook - if he is having an off target day, why not use Langley to add to his 4 tries today? At least we are now 3rd.

Look forward to reading the verdict/observation - no doubt Thunders' improvement continues, but when will the coach/ team instil playing for 80mins?  Hopefully, Thursday night and into play-offs. Perhaps both teams saving themselves for then. Owdum managed only a 24 draw today

#7 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 360 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:23 PM

Given the remaining games left for all the teams involved the need to beat Oldham and end up in 3rd postion is paramount. We must not end up in 4th place and have to go to Hemel in the play off's.

Today our defence was very poor and must improve on Thursday.Oldham's 24 all draw with Gloucester was the shock of the day. Lets hope that their confidence is low for Thursday.

Edited by Big Doug, 11 August 2013 - 05:23 PM.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

#8 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:23 PM

I thought that today Gateshead showed that they have made significant strides towards ridding themselves of the 'Whipping-boy' tag.  They were a little off-color defensive-wise at times but they showed tremendous effort charging in and then swinging the ball about and coming up with imaginative attacks.

It's all too easy to say we were poor because we didn't win with a shed-load of points.  Hornets baffled me slightly today!  They made a good number of breaks but too often we delayed the pass a little too long or took the wrong option maybe.  Someone mentioned Crook being off form with the bot but really all the ones he missed were right on the touchline and there was a swirling wind making it difficult.

It will be a big night on Thursday with he Biffs having ha their a**es slapped after today's result but we can cope with the if we come out with our 'A' game.

COME ON HORNETS!!!!!!

Pugwash.

Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#9 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 955 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:15 PM

Dave, they are great set of fans. had a brill weekend with them when we went up there.

GIVE US A TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#10 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 360 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:18 PM

Oldham did not put their best team out today. They were hoping for a win with a weakened team but got caught out. Saving their best players for Thursday may come back to bite them.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

#11 ThunderArmy

ThunderArmy
  • Coach
  • 286 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:54 PM

Really enjoyed todays game so happy you boys didnt bury us again...we have improved alot didnt let our heads drop when it was 16.0 to you boys thunder of old would of fell to pieces and you boys would of battered us again though we showed fighting spirit again so were happy we played today with just 2 props aswell so great fitness by them..good luck in playoffs guys...onwards n upwards...come on thunder! Come on thunder!!

#12 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:00 AM

A wins a win yesterday, but yes our yet again average defence compounded with missing the tricky conversions put us under pressure. Not taking anything away from a much improved and confident Thunder side.

We bombed a couple of certain tries and the ref disallowed 3 for reasons i dont think he could tell us why.  At times we looked slick and pacey in attack with Danny Yates certainly offering more going forward than we have seen in a while. I am ceratin Oldham wont relish coming to Spotland when we have the ball. How we deal with them in defence will decide Thursday night i think? And we certainly need to start hitting teams hard and moving off the line.

I notice AllRoughyed or Dangerous Brian as i like to call him is already banging on about his favorite subject/complex crowd size again :shout: . I better get up early on Thursday night it looks like the Roughyeds following could swell to over 100 instead of the 75 or in AlllRoughyeds case (1500) who usually come. Give it a rest as you well know size isnt everything. See you Thursda it should be a cracker.

Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

#13 ormskirknet

ormskirknet
  • Players
  • 67 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:56 AM

A really mixed performance from Hornets yesterday, some of the attacking play was excellent, while our dodgy defence again surfaced in patches. The dummy we bought off there No 7 (I think) was the sort of stuff you see at scholloboy level, shockingly bad. Then again we also went and put some really good defensive stints in, symptomatic of the season to date I guess.

Fair play to Gateshead they where game, and a much improved side, but never the less with the missed kicks, bombed chances and dissallowed tries it should have been a lot more comfortable that it was. It also cant be that easy without the coach being present at the match so credit to the coaching staff who took charge on the day.

All in all another win, somewhat hard fought in the end but It will set us up very nicely for Thursday night. We have to be faultless on Thursday with full 80 mins of concentration, we are due a big performance in a big game this season. 3 down and 2 to go

Come on lads, we want this one more than any!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users