Lets make the criminal justice system do its job

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

#21 Li0nhead

Li0nhead
  • Coach
  • 755 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:46 AM

I've learned a lot from the rational, considered, profound thoughts of those in favour of capital punishment and I'm deeply indebted to them and have be persuaded by their rhetoric
But what about the rest of the criminal justice system?
Criminals reoffend, receive a slap on the wrist, are jet off by do gooders and the ordinary tax payer pays through the nose for a prison system that is no more than a chain of holiday camps.
Here's how it should be sorted in a way that is cheap, brings proper justice, And prevents reoffending

1 thieves should have both hands chopped off . Yes I know it sounds a bit Muslim but so is curry and we all like a vindaloo. The culprits should in the name of clemency be allowed to keep their hands in their freezer for a set time in the event of a successful appeal
2 rapists: well you can guess can't you, all I'll say is it should be done without anaesthetic
3 manslaughter: people do this when they are in a high emotional state, so a compulsory lobotomy should deal with that, they'll be like pussycsts for the rest of their lives
4 death penalty for all murders whether its a gangland shooting it an abused wife who can't take it any more or whatever: murder is murder.
5 motoring offences: the government should stop persecuting the poor motorist

There prisons emptied no repeat offending and satisfaction guaranteed

Edit: and dirt cheap as well

Slight issue.....Your system assumes there will be no miscarriages of justice. Those proven to have been wrongly convicted can hardly grow a new head as part of their compensation years down the line. 

As for the silly idea of stopping persecuting the poor motorist. You defending my right to have 10 pints then get behind the wheel and drive at a group of children? Or my right to ignore the safe speed limit and end up on the wrong side of the road heading for group of said children? 

Or is it right that when caught ignoring the rules of the road i should be dealt with under the criminal justice system?

You would be hardly likely to get on a flight if you saw the pilot and captain staggering up the stairs with a bottle of vodka in hand slurring something about seeing how fast they can go.

#22 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,759 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:51 AM

I think you might have misinterpreted L'Anges's real point.

#23 Li0nhead

Li0nhead
  • Coach
  • 755 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:02 PM

No he is misinterpreting the pro capital punishment argument. 

It would be like me saying the reform approach should pay criminals not to offend. Was earning £1 million a year as a drugs boss? Well the reform approach should not send you to prison as this could harm your development and re-enforce your criminal nature and be expensive. Instead we should reform you by paying you £1 million a year so that you don't need to sell the drugs to earn that amount....

See its taking a point and simply taking it to its stupid extreme. 

#24 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,544 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 01:13 PM

I think you might have misinterpreted L'Anges's real point.

Which was what exactly?

#25 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,700 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:35 PM

Slight issue.....Your system assumes there will be no miscarriages of justice. Those proven to have been wrongly convicted can hardly grow a new head as part of their compensation years down the line.

As for the silly idea of stopping persecuting the poor motorist. You defending my right to have 10 pints then get behind the wheel and drive at a group of children? Or my right to ignore the safe speed limit and end up on the wrong side of the road heading for group of said children?
Or is it right that when caught ignoring the rules of the road i should be dealt with under the criminal justice system?
You would be hardly likely to get on a flight if you saw the pilot and captain staggering up the stairs with a bottle of vodka in hand slurring something about seeing how fast they can go.

I never said anything about methods of execution
That is the subject of another thread hopefully to be started anon
The subject of non guilty people being executed by my fellow pro capital punishment colleagues on the thread on that subject
I will say that it is extremely difficult to convict an innocent person of murder in this day and age and those very few unfortunates who were not guilty and executed could feel proud of their scarifice for the greater good
If a man can't go out in the car for a few pints or to the golf club for half a dozen snifters what sort of a man is he? You paint a very monochrome picture of the way the motorist is persecuted in these all too politically correct times
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#26 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,700 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:37 PM

That he thinks he is cleverer than everybody else.

What he doesn't seem to realise, is that he has just made himself look incredibly stupid.

Thank you for telling me what I think
Actually we are all cleverer than someone you might even be but that's a topic for further discussion on another thread. Your comment is as ever personal and irrelevant
Keeping it local

#27 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,700 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:58 PM

Don't you think you starting this thread was personal?

Your complete lack of self awareness is alarming.

Its about the criminal justice system and its current inadequacy
Please try to keep your comments relevant to the subject matter
Keeping it local

#28 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,700 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:22 PM

The subject matter is beneath contempt, as you should be aware.

You really do like yourself don't you?

Criminals are beneath contempt so yes you are right

People are complicated they like parts if themselves and dislike others : its a self awareness thing

Self hatred or total narcissism is the realm of the depressive or the despot
Yet again though I must ask you not to make personal comments rather stick to the subject matter if the thread or better still not post at all... Not my words but those of the moderators
Keeping it local

#29 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,700 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:38 PM

Jeez, I bet you think the sound of your voice is like pure honey.

Please don't ask me to do anything.

As I intimated earlier, it's pretty hard to stick to discussing the subject matter, when the subject matter is a load of ######.

Then don't take part in the thread
Nobody's making you
Should you decide to please stuck to the topic in hand

I was just responding to your comment

Still no progress in your other username.
Keeping it local

#30 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,307 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:06 PM

Tell that to the lads at the EDL they know what they're talking about

I'll tell the Sri Lankan mobs attacking mosque to stop eating curry.

#31 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,700 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:08 PM

I'll tell the Sri Lankan mobs attacking mosque to stop eating curry.

Go on then
Keeping it local

#32 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,700 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:14 AM

The logic, and reasoning behind these ridiculous ideas is exactly the same as that behind the desire for people on the other forum for the reintroduction of capital punishment
Keeping it local

#33 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,544 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:57 AM

The logic, and reasoning behind these ridiculous ideas is exactly the same as that behind the desire for people on the other forum for the reintroduction of capital punishment

No.
It really isn't. You are just making yourself look ridiculous.

#34 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,700 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:22 AM

No.
It really isn't. You are just making yourself look ridiculous.

I suggest you assess your own performance before commenting upon others
Keeping it local

#35 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,153 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:23 AM

And time to kill this one off as well.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users