Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

todays results 10/08

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:58 PM

Leicester Storm A 36 New ravens 18 ... not one to bash officials but this game was spoilt by the official today as he didn't seem to have a clue about the rules which frustrated players from both sides which then threatened to boil over on numerous occassions... Ravens led 4 nil for the first 34 mins until Storm hit back with a try and goal and a Ravens player sin binned for a bit of extras on the try scorer. Leicester got on top in the 2nd half after a disallowed try for the Ravens which looked to be a good try... The storm got into a 30 points to 6 pt lead with 15 mins remaining on the clock, the Ravens started to get back into the game with a barnstorming run from Rhamel Blake to score under the posts , followed within minutes with Richard Whitehouse turning back the clock and showing his class with a well taken try to bring the Ravens within 2 scores of the storm and getting to a roll , when the Storm hit back with a try of a blatant forward pass seen by every body else in the ground bar the person that counts and makes the decisions.

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#2 RoyalsRL

RoyalsRL
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:01 PM

Who was the ref?

#3 London Drifter

London Drifter
  • Coach
  • 106 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:42 PM

London Results:

SW London Chargers A 26 def Thames Ditton Tigers 20 in Entry League Semi Final

Stains Titans cried off against Newham Dockers in the other Entry League Semi Final

SW London Chargers 30 def London Skolars A 8 in the Southern Premier Semi Final

Hammersmith Hills Hoists 36 def Eastern Rhinos 16 in the other Southern Premier Semi Final

Grand Finals to be played at Chiswick Rugby Club Saturday 17th:

London & South East Entry League Grand Final
SW London Chargers A v Newham Dockers

Southern Premier Grand Final
SW London Chargers v Hammersmith Hills Hoists

Edited by London Drifter, 10 August 2013 - 09:43 PM.

#4 brooza

brooza
  • 4,357 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:50 PM

Leicester Storm A 36 New ravens 18 ... not one to bash officials but this game was spoilt by the official today

Are you sure you're talking about the Leicester Storm A team and not the first team? Because that sounds very similar to the match I was at...

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#5 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,803 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:13 AM

Are you sure you're talking about the Leicester Storm A team and not the first team? Because that sounds very similar to the match I was at...

Were Leicester messing around at the play the ball a lot, by any chance? They're masters at it, and don't get penalised that much… and have a tendency to moan when they do get penalised. My brother plays for Leicester and I have a lot of time for the Storm, for obvious reasons, but their holding down is irritating.

Good performance by Nottingham (and a poor performance from Bristol, by all accounts) on Saturday, with the Outlaws winning 26-22 at our place. The play-off semi-final on August 31st should be a cracker. Worryingly, having been in dominant form early in the season, we seem to be struggling at present. Hopefully we can turn it round in time for the play-offs.
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#6 bbfaz

bbfaz
  • Coach
  • 217 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:23 AM

Grand Finals to be played at Chiswick Rugby Club Saturday 17th:

London & South East Entry League Grand Final
SW London Chargers A v Newham Dockers

Southern Premier Grand Final
SW London Chargers v Hammersmith Hills Hoists

Has there been a late change?  Newham were down to host finals day up until the start of the month.

Beckenham Bears RL - Rugby League in South East London

#7 London Drifter

London Drifter
  • Coach
  • 106 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:26 AM

I believe their Rugby Club decided to host another tournament that day which made it unavailable.

#8 bbfaz

bbfaz
  • Coach
  • 217 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:00 AM

Ah yes, this one was in the back of my mind, East London RL are hosting the 2013 London Tag Rugby Championships.  I thought these things were on consecutive days rather than on the same Saturday.  Given those in the finals day, Chiswick RC doesn't inconvenience anyone.

Beckenham Bears RL - Rugby League in South East London

#9 brooza

brooza
  • 4,357 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:40 AM

Were Leicester messing around at the play the ball a lot, by any chance? They're masters at it, and don't get penalised that much… and have a tendency to moan when they do get penalised. My brother plays for Leicester and I have a lot of time for the Storm, for obvious reasons, but their holding down is irritating.

I'll be honest, I didn't see much of the match. I spent most of it taking our captain to A&E after a late, high shoulder charge (unpenalised) which left him with a broken jaw (in 2 places)

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#10 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,803 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:39 PM

I'll be honest, I didn't see much of the match. I spent most of it taking our captain to A&E after a late, high shoulder charge (unpenalised) which left him with a broken jaw (in 2 places)

Ouch, that's pretty harsh. Best wishes to the lad - I hope he gets well soon.

Can't say I've noticed Leicester being particularly dirty before. Any idea which player it was?
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users