Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Gareth Moore

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:40 PM

Was that his best ever performance in a Batley shirt?

#2 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 961 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:46 PM

i would say so,he as played well since he lost the tub a brillcream..they all played well today and if we keep this up 4th should be ours, wally had a massive game along with george.someone give the lad a pen.

#3 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 562 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:52 PM

Possibly.would liked him to have given Danny maun the ball when he scored his 2nd try but when you see the line you have to go for it.well done to all the boys.excellent performance.i was impressed with leek too,he looks a good prospect.
"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

#4 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:08 PM

Moore was absolutely outstanding today. He deserved the criticism he drew earlier in the season but he also deserves plaudits now for turning his season round.

#5 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,032 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:12 PM

Leak should be tied to a chair and made to sign a contract before he leaves the ground this evening.

Posted Image

#6 DOGFATHER

DOGFATHER
  • Coach
  • 274 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:07 PM

Hat's off to him, I've called him more than most, but he was awesome today. On your point Fred, it is certainly up there with them if not the best he has played IMO. Well done Gaz tremendous day at the office this afternoon.

He and the team looked a totally different proposition to the Batley that lost to Workington, Doncaster and Whitehaven. 

Agree with you Termie on Leak, his distribution from dummy half is superb, he looks a class above either Mennel or Flanagan passing the ball, he's maybe just lacking Flanagan's yard of pace off the mark, but he certainly looks the business.

Edited by DOGFATHER, 11 August 2013 - 05:14 PM.

#7 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:51 PM

The lads continued where they finished against Keithley and hit the straps well today. I thought Moore and Breth were excellent today along with Moore

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#8 DOGFATHER

DOGFATHER
  • Coach
  • 274 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:00 PM

The lads continued where they finished against Keithley and hit the straps well today. I thought Moore and Breth were excellent today along with Moore

He was good but worthy of two mentions, maybe not quite that good hehehe.

I thought Davies was immense too and very possibly his best game too he put a couple of great passes out as well as his hit/work rate. 

#9 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:06 PM

Yeah Davis was the one I missed and my mom

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#10 Kiddzyy69

Kiddzyy69
  • Players
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:18 PM

Thought that Davis,leak&gaz stood out today,glad that team spirit is back and confidence is building back up,carry it on to next Sundays game against fax

#11 bulldogtrev

bulldogtrev
  • Coach
  • 416 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:57 PM

I agree Moore played very well. It was good to see the team in general offloading more in the tackle and playing less safety first rugby which resulted in a good game to watch.

My man of the match was Davies from a good team performance.  

Edited by bulldogtrev, 11 August 2013 - 06:57 PM.

"Anyone who does not watch rugby league is not a real person."

-John Singleton,

#12 bromleybulldog

bromleybulldog
  • Coach
  • 338 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:47 AM

Davies workrate is tremendous- and I think he did the full 8o minutes

#13 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 528 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:32 PM

Gareth Moore was a top performer yesterday definately one of his best games for the dogs IMO. Great to see a good response after all the deserved critisism of him. Big games still to come  more of the same  please . Also Davies stood out in a much improved home performance . I like the look of Leek the ball came away from the ruck area Quicker  In fact a top performence from all of our boys . Can we keep it going on Sunday at Halifax ?. Well done to the team and the coaching staff  for turning a dying season into one of hope In the last two games they have answered the critics myself included in positive style.  

#14 flyfisherman

flyfisherman
  • Players
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:44 PM

Davies workrate is tremendous- and I think he did the full 8o minutes

I am  sure that other than a few games the kid has played 80 mins in the vast majority of the game this season. Must be one of the top tacklers