today

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 HunsletJosh6

HunsletJosh6
  • Coach
  • 688 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:24 PM

Must win for us next week by more than a 12 point margin, no questions about it. Given the remaining fixtures a win for us at York could realistically see the table look like this come the end of the season:

Swinton 36

Hunslet 29

Barrow 28

York 26

The three points next Sunday are the biggest we'll play for all season!

Posted Image

#22 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:38 PM

Must win for us next week by more than a 12 point margin, no questions about it. Given the remaining fixtures a win for us at York could realistically see the table look like this come the end of the season:

Swinton 36
Hunslet 29
Barrow 28
York 26

The three points next Sunday are the biggest we'll play for all season!

agreed, biggest game in a lot of years
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#23 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 929 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:50 PM

Still too many games left to play that are far too difficult to call - look at these for a start;

York v Hunslet
Swinton v Barrow
Barrow v Keighley
Barrow v Workington
Workington v York
Whitehaven v Swinton

Then bear in mind that seemingly never a week goes by without some barmy result that goes against all form.

Do the sensible thing folks, keep your money in your pockets ...

#24 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,979 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:00 PM

Still too many games left to play that are far too difficult to call - look at these for a start;

York v Hunslet
Swinton v Barrow
Barrow v Keighley
Barrow v Workington
Workington v York
Whitehaven v Swinton

Then bear in mind that seemingly never a week goes by without some barmy result that goes against all form.

Do the sensible thing folks, keep your money in your pockets ...

Don't forget Workington v Keighley this Wednesday evening and
Doncaster v York on 28th August which will also have a bearing on the final table!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#25 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 929 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:13 AM

Don't forget Workington v Keighley this Wednesday evening and
Doncaster v York on 28th August which will also have a bearing on the final table!!!

There's also Doncaster vs Swinton to play as well, though to be honest Donny have been one of the form teams of the league in the second half of the season. We need them to continue in the same vein.

By the same token, I hope your lads take the disappointment of Sunday's result out on Keighley and Barrow in the coming days ... ;)

#26 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:51 AM

Paul Cooke has kept Doncaster Safe . We need a similar 'old head' to build our team around .. Gareth Rayner playin in Champ 1 ?? What a STAR he would be at Hunslet . Player/Coach Perchance ???

#27 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:16 AM

Paul Cooke has kept Doncaster Safe . We need a similar 'old head' to build our team around .. Gareth Rayner playin in Champ 1 ?? What a STAR he would be at Hunslet . Player/Coach Perchance ???

what a load of cods wallop how can you compare Rayner with Paul Cooke in that capacity
chappy

#28 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:51 AM

Both played at a higher level , Superleague and Great Britain .AND Both still actively playing at club level . What ideas do You have to take Hunslet forward if yr going to Slate mine ???

#29 staitheclosehawk

staitheclosehawk
  • Players
  • 97 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:01 AM

You worry me Paul if thats your thinking do you know GR recent history? and Mr Eaton will be in charge next year so give it a rest.

Edited by staitheclosehawk, 13 August 2013 - 09:02 AM.

#30 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:13 AM

Forums are all about opinions ,yours may differ from mine , but i dont tell you to 'give it a rest'. If your content to back a guy who leads a team to relegation ,thats Your priveldge . No Problem . Thats YOU ... Relegation is for No Marks/LOSERS... Of Which This GREAT Club and mYself are NIETHER .....

Edited by HUNSLET72, 13 August 2013 - 09:15 AM.

#31 staitheclosehawk

staitheclosehawk
  • Players
  • 97 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:24 AM

Forums are all about opinions ,yours may differ from mine , but i dont tell you to 'give it a rest'. If your content to back a guy who leads a team to relegation ,thats Your priveldge . No Problem . Thats YOU ... Relegation is for No Marks/LOSERS... Of Which This GREAT Club and mYself are NIETHER .....

See you at Oxford, its not about been a loser its about having the financial clout to survive in the league the club is in, if the miracle happens and the club survives then its guaranteed relegation next year so just delaying the inevitable, unless either of us wins the lottery.

#32 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:30 AM

I agree .who s to say a deal wont happen to put cash into the club?? A Positive Approach is Key ......

#33 Cardigan Arms

Cardigan Arms
  • Coach
  • 557 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:38 AM

It is more than likely delaying the inevitable.
But staying up this season would give us another year of decent income via away fans and also the hope of only having to spend one season in the league of death.
Aside from all this we all have our opinios of the coach etc now is a time to stop bickering amongst ourselves and concentrate on the job in hand ie roaring Hunslet to victory at York.

#34 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:43 AM

It is more than likely delaying the inevitable.
But staying up this season would give us another year of decent income via away fans and also the hope of only having to spend one season in the league of death.
Aside from all this we all have our opinios of the coach etc now is a time to stop bickering amongst ourselves and concentrate on the job in hand ie roaring Hunslet to victory at York.

...Point taken . I can accept that .

#35 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:47 AM

It will no longer be a 'league of death' after next season though. In my opinion its not even a 'league of death' now.

Crusaders, Oldham and Rochdale are doing just fine.

Posted Image

#36 Cardigan Arms

Cardigan Arms
  • Coach
  • 557 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:59 AM

So you keep saying.

#37 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 254 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:26 AM

If Hunslet survive this term and I never thought for one minute they would be in this position. I think they will do well next year.

We have missed a strong six and seven this term and I think Marchy had a bad start. Although Marchy is ripping up of late. But we do have a great team who lack some ideas going forward.

If SL don't go back to U23s next year then we will be inundated with young Rhinos players. With or without them we should not be worse than eighth place - but that is where I thought we would be this year, but injuries bent us over.

Lets get Sunday over first then worry, as it would be likely that many of our players would be targeted by other clubs if the worst happens.

#38 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:07 AM

Best result tonite Keighley by 13 ? Any thoughts on this ??.

#39 Mrbus

Mrbus
  • Coach
  • 805 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:47 PM

Best result tonite Keighley by 13 ? Any thoughts on this ??.

why on earth would you want keighley, who we can still catch, to win? the bonus point they actually picked up tonight makes it harder, but 5+ points from the next 3 games isn't out the question.

Edited by Mrbus, 14 August 2013 - 11:48 PM.

#40 staitheclosehawk

staitheclosehawk
  • Players
  • 97 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:58 PM

why on earth would you want keighley, who we can still catch, to win? the bonus point they actually picked up tonight makes it harder, but 5+ points from the next 3 games isn't out the question.

Don't forget we all know this guy doesn't have a clue what he's actually talking about and needs to go back to school. Daley, Roe, Heaton LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users