RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

End of season positions

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 310 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:20 PM

After Thursday nights match the league tables and my predictions are as follows :- The Kingstone Press Championship 1

GAMES    PREDICTED   FINAL      FINAL

P     W     L     D     PF     PA     DIFF     BNS     PTS      LEFT         POINTS     POINTS  POSITION

1 Oldham RLFC                   16    12     3     1    508     289    219         3         41           0                  0                41             2    
2 North Wales Crusaders     13    11     2     0    459    166     293         1         34           3                  9                43             1
3 Rochdale Hornets             15      9      6     0    466    363    103          2         29           1                  3                32             4
4 Hemel Stags                     14      8      6     0    341    301      40          3         27           2                  6                33             3
5 London Skolars                 13      8      5     0    405    400        5          2         26           3                  3                29             5
6 Oxford RLFC                     14      5      8     1    286    352     -66          4         21          2                   0                21             6
7 South Wales Scorpions     15      5    10     0    346    469   -123         4         19           1                   0                19             7 
8 Gateshead Thunder          14      2    11     1     296    486   -190         6         14           2                   0                14            8
9 Gloucestershire All Golds  14     2     11    1     240    521    -281        3         11           2                   3                 14            9

Gloucester V Gateshead       Home

Hemel V London                    Home

North Wales V Oxford            Home

London V North Wales          Away

Gateshead V Hemel                Away

North Wales V South Wales  Home

Oxford V London                    Away

Rochdale V Gloucester          Home

First get automatic promotion. 2nd to 6th in playoffs. North Wales Promoted

Week 1

2nd place get a bye. 3rd play 4th (match A), 5th play 6th (Match B )  Oldham Get A Bye, Hemel v Hornets Hornets Win. London V Oxford London Win 

Week 2

2nd-placed team v Winner Match A (winner to Play-off final, loser at home in Week 3) (Match C) Oldham v Hornets Oldham Win

Losing team Match A v Winning team match B (loser eliminated) (Match D) Hemel v London Hemel Win

Week 3

Losing team Match C v Winner Match D (winner to Play-off final, loser eliminated) (Match E) Hornets v Hemel Hornets Win

Week 4

Kingstone Press Championship One play-off final: Winner Match C v Winner Match E OLDHAM v HORNETS, I HAVE GOT TO SAY HORNETS WIN AND PROMOTION

Edited by Big Doug, 16 August 2013 - 09:23 PM.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

#2 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:15 PM

Oldham have 38 points, it's 2 for a draw Doug!

Bring 'em on.

Pugwash.

Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#3 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 310 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:25 PM

Thanks Andy. My mistake. I will amend the tables.

#4 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:25 PM

BOY, tat hurt me, having o point out that Oldham had another point to come!

Pugwash.

Edited by Pugwash, 11 August 2013 - 07:26 PM.

Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#5 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 310 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:14 PM

Lets hope is the only other League points that they get.

#6 glemiln

glemiln
  • Coach
  • 170 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:27 AM

With last night's bonus point we could finish 3rd, if we do not go to sleep against All Golds!

We need London and Hemel to finish on max 32 points and Hemel not to improve on our points difference against Gateshead.

Hopefully the latter can keep up their current form.

London win 2 with no bonus point in loss; or draw and win, plus bonus point loss.

Hemel bonus point loss and win, or draw and win.

Hope springs, etc and that my calculations are correct. A win last night would have made it less difficult!

#7 mickhornet

mickhornet
  • Coach
  • 337 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:06 AM

Will be clearer after the Hemel v Skolars on Sunday.Cant really call it till then.

#8 55 years roughyed

55 years roughyed
  • Players
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:50 PM

Think you'll find its 3rd v 6th and 4th v 5th Not 3rd v 4th and 5th v 6th.

• OutOfTownRoughyed likes this

#9 roughyed34

roughyed34
  • Coach
  • 185 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:13 PM

Nope 55 year Roughyed its not its 3 v 4 , 5 v 6, winner of 3 v 4 to play 2nd in the second week of the play offs, stupid system they have gone for, unbelievable!!

#10 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 310 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:06 PM

I have updated my original posting to take account of the Oldham game. We need London to win at Hemel.

#11 55 years roughyed

55 years roughyed
  • Players
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:24 AM

Apologies Big Doug you were right.  What a farcical system.

#12 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 310 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:45 AM

I could not agree more. The only saving grace for Hornets could be a second chance to get to the play off final. I thnk that would be against Oldham. Who knows what could happen in that situation.

#13 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:40 PM

London are knocking 7 shades of **** out of Hemel.  Thunder beating All Golds and NWC are up in a close one.

Pugwash.

Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#14 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:00 PM

Just watching the Men's 4x100 relay final and we cock it up AGAIN!!!  The baton wasn't safe by the end of the box and it's a matter of waiting to see if a challenge is made.  In the studio it all "They've worked hard" etc, but they haven't they keep making these stupid errors and we lose medals!

Another point is all the hero worship of that Christine Orohugu (sp), she was suspended for a drug related offence, missing  test I think so I don't count her medals they are tainted as far as I'm concerned!

Pugwash.

Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#15 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:17 PM

GB disqualified in 4x100 s they cock it up YET again, but as long as we keep making them heroes for this kind of performance they will keep producing them!  U.S.A. should also be disqualified for running out of their lane on change over, we'll see eh?

NWC and London winning easily All Golds coming back to Thunder.

Pugwash.

Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#16 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:48 PM

Thunder beat All Golds 36-34

Hemel lose to Skolars 40-18

NWC beat Oxford 54-10

Pugwash.

Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#17 glemiln

glemiln
  • Coach
  • 170 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:52 PM

From those results one could see Oldham as Champions and a trip to London for us, or not!

#18 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 764 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:16 PM

All down to next Friday we need Cruasaders to win and no bonus point for Skolars .Then its all down to the last weekend.
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users