Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Knights v Hunslet - Heritage Round

18/8 3pm

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
78 replies to this topic

#61 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,250 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:33 AM

You forgot Shades

Find it quite interesting that I get slated for saying half the Swinton topic comments were

garbage & people then take their ball home, yet I never mentioned any individual names

who's comments I may not agree with (AndyPK - might actually agree with some of your comments

by the way), yet its accepable for those same people to actually name me & have a go...

As Gav alluded to, how many actually people came on here & gave some constructive

thoughts/opinions/comments before the Hunslet game?

Answer hardly anybody, but when get beat all the experts suddenly appear...

#62 PeteM

PeteM
  • Coach
  • 266 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:20 AM

Match report

http://www.yorkpress...s_Championship/

#63 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,250 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:58 PM

What with all this happy chat on here, actually forgot about the game, Sam Scott MOM by

a mile for me, again too many poor decisions by players who should know better, thought

the fans were excellent for both teams

Suppose we got what we deserved, but just thought at 12 - 0 it might be one of those days

when everything goes right & we might actually have a bit of luck. The 6 games we have won

average out at 22 point winning margins so can't really say we were lucky, but when do we

get our payback for Barrow twice, Halifax away & Dewsbury away...

#64 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:16 PM

Gav the lad giving you ###### is Macca6 , he'll av been on the lash with Agy all day , normally a decent enough lad but a few sherberts brings out the worst in people !

I think this as resulted in Gav posting a tweet on the Hunslet forum and getting Hunslet fans removed from it , which was a Hunslet problem , i think sticking your nose in where its not wanted springs to mind...............

#65 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,289 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:30 PM

I think this as resulted in Gav posting a tweet on the Hunslet forum and getting Hunslet fans removed from it , which was a Hunslet problem , i think sticking your nose in where its not wanted springs to mind...............

Its a free forum pal. Its not me that was in the wrong.

Posted Image

#66 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,289 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:32 PM

Gav the lad giving you ###### is Macca6 , he'll av been on the lash with Agy all day , normally a decent enough lad but a few sherberts brings out the worst in people !

I know exactly what he's like mate, I have friends from South Leeds who told me. He's a manchild.

Posted Image

#67 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,847 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:52 PM

What with all this happy chat on here, actually forgot about the game, Sam Scott MOM by

a mile for me, again too many poor decisions by players who should know better, thought

the fans were excellent for both teams

Suppose we got what we deserved, but just thought at 12 - 0 it might be one of those days

when everything goes right & we might actually have a bit of luck. The 6 games we have won

average out at 22 point winning margins so can't really say we were lucky, but when do we

get our payback for Barrow twice, Halifax away & Dewsbury away...

Agree with Sam Scott been MOM, Nicholson a close second. At 12-0 up we needed to keep it tight but as you say they were to many poor decisions by the senior players. As for payback, lets hope it is in the next three games

#68 barlby knight

barlby knight
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:16 PM

. Already spoken to John this morning , he told me the score , get on with him ok he's not a bad lad
LOVE THE KNIGHTS , LIVE THE KNIGHTS

#69 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,289 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:21 PM

. Already spoken to John this morning , he told me the score , get on with him ok he's not a bad lad

I doubt an apology shall be forthcoming...

Posted Image

#70 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 605 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:30 PM

i was at a festival. Went back to the car to listen to the match. We were 12-0 up when I turned the radio on.

30-33 went back and got pi$$ed. Hope George's head's ok - apart from that...

CGaF

Roll on next season in champ 1 with a core of championship players.

#71 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 434 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:02 PM

At the end of the match there appeared to be a York player passed out on the floor gaining medical attention near the dug outs for a good few minutes.
Does anyone know what was wrong with him & If he is ok?

Edited by MikeFletchersBarmyArmy, 20 August 2013 - 05:05 PM.

#72 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:10 PM

At the end of the match there appeared to be a York player passed out on the floor gaining medical attention near the dug outs for a good few minutes.

Don't know what was wrong with him but I did walk out slowly to have a nosy. He got up and walked off under his own power, so I doubt it was anything serious or I'm sure we would have heard about it.

It's time to park the camels.

#73 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,289 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:11 PM

That was George Elliott mate, and thanks for your consieration. He took a heavy bang to the head but was eventually fine to walk off.

He might be a doubt for Thursday night though!

Posted Image

#74 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 434 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:49 PM

Ok thanks. He was down for a while & didn't look too good at the time, but looks like it is nothing serious.
Good luck for rest of season, but it looks likely that we will be playing each other next season.

#75 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 605 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:21 PM

Think he failed his head test for tonight though.

#76 tommyt

tommyt
  • Players
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:53 PM

Who should play? - the York City Knights we signed and expect to turn up.

How should we play? - with the same passion the fans have for the badge on their chest. If we bring it, they'll bring it.

What do you think will happen? - Marchy will try and control the ref, the ref will let him - he will have a large belly, moobs and a haircut like a weird elf helmet.

Any good York v Hunslet memories? - Agg Brown tearing his season ticket up because we lost away.

Shall we have some predictions too? - Agg Brown will turn up in a Hunslet shirt, Yck season ticket intact, hoping for a yck loss and to bump into me to be all agro for not agreeing with him and posting this on the forum- I shall be at a festival, probably very drunk, waiting for the dvd.

did he turn up  

#77 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 605 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:00 AM

did he turn up

Dunno, I wasn't there, as predicted.

#78 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:44 AM

To be fair to Mr Brown, the concerns he voiced at the time seem to have been reasonably well founded given what has transpired since.

Posted Image

#79 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:11 PM

To be fair to Mr Brown, the concerns he voiced at the time seem to have been reasonably well founded given what has transpired since.

We had the lowest budget in the division, the wins we did get where a credit to the coach and players we had. Moving on to 2014 with a great deal of positivity now.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users