Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

I despair at Hornets

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 947 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:23 PM

Do Hornets want to see a massive crowd on Thurs night ?

The reason I ask this question, is that a fellow Roughyed fan phoned your club today and asked wether the Wilbutts lane side will be open for the game. They were told no, despite us telling you that there is a massive interest from Oldham for this match, and a lot of fans saying they are going across. Seriously though, are you frightened of all the empty seats being on show if Wilbutts Lane side is opened up. Look at todays gate for us against Gloucester at home, over a 1000. 

GIVE US A TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 983 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:48 PM

Now now AR, I think you'll find that the capacity of Spotland's main stand is larger than the whole of Sh;tebank, so plenty of room for us all.
Besides which I always enjoy rubbing shoulders with the opposition, its all part of the fun (as long as you lot manage to have a wash first).

Edited by PooingDog, 11 August 2013 - 11:00 PM.

Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"

#3 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:28 AM

Do Hornets want to see a massive crowd on Thurs night ?

The reason I ask this question, is that a fellow Roughyed fan phoned your club today and asked wether the Wilbutts lane side will be open for the game. They were told no, despite us telling you that there is a massive interest from Oldham for this match, and a lot of fans saying they are going across. Seriously though, are you frightened of all the empty seats being on show if Wilbutts Lane side is opened up. Look at todays gate for us against Gloucester at home, over a 1000. 

The point is AR that opening the Willbutts stand would mean a load of stewards and since there's a warm-up match these would have to be paid about 6 hours and then if hardly anyone turns up we're financially in the do-do!  I remember many years ago when Keighley said they'd bring 1500 fans over and the gate that day was around 1,000 counting both sets of fans!!!

I'll tell you what I've noticed, the change from early season when your lot were saying things like "I won't be coming again!" and all the other comments, it's an annual thing with you lot.

So mate, you'll have to 'slum it' with us in the main stand for the night.

Pugwash.

Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#4 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 349 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:32 AM

The main stand will hold around 3,000 fans so no problem there. As Phil says the only problem is possibly having to sit next to the unwashed from Owdum. At least we have water in Rochdale and so a shower after the match will sort that problem out.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

#5 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 567 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:10 AM

Agree no point openning up all sides. If everyone was spread out it would look worse on tv. Btw Which side will the cameras be on? Could do with this division looking positive on telly.

#6 ormskirknet

ormskirknet
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:43 AM

Main stand holds 1800 according the clubs Twitter feed, and there are plans to open up other areas should there be 'a flood' of Biffos make the way over.

Will there be a need for anything other than the Main stand...... I doubt it very much, so I agree with the clubs approach on this one, all bases covered I reckon there. After all it will be nice and cozy sat next to our nearest and dearest on the night with plenty of friendly banter thrown in

I think the camera's are situated at the back of Willbuts stand looking accross at the main stand so will look like a decent crowd on TV.

To be honest I am not too bothered about getting wound up about minor details, its the points that will count!

#7 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 983 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:09 PM

I hope Denehurst park have laid on a couple of extra hands in the bar and there's plenty of pies on, I won't get any tea before the game as I'll be coming straight from work. We've run out of pies before the 20 min mark when the Biffs have visited before.
Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"

#8 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:05 PM

The main stand capacity, including boxes, is a tad under 2,000 and if enough Biffos come over to take up every available seat it will be a miracle.  The main point is that nobody will be turned away if they fill it there will be an overspill part of a stand used.

Let's see 'em before we worry about them though.

This is all a big change from the start of the season wen they were all doom and gloom over at Biffo Towers!

Pugwash.

Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#9 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:30 PM

The fact of the matter is allroughyed is obsessed by numbers. He comes on every pre game since Adam was a lad with how many the Biffs are bringing (the numbers never show up), and then post game spends time telling us all that the biffs outnumbered us. Facts are irrelevant to him. The real reason he wants the Wilbutts open is because the cameras and microphones are over that side and he has probably spent the last month in his bedroom writing side splittingly funny (if your about 13) anti Rochdale song sheets for his 6 man gang (alloroughyed thinks there’s about 50 of them)

Now is his chance to air his witty chants usually robbed from Man United songs with the odd word changed. So he can walk into the bar at Whitebank first game back at home and be greeted like some kind of military band leader back from undercover black ops.

He’s desperate for the “could hear you on TV mate, you lot are mental” The sad thing is, when you get him on his own he is a nice fella and very knowledgeable about the game and a die-hard RL fan as well as a Roughyed.

I’d let them sit in the Wilbutts all 6 of them.

Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

#10 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 947 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:34 PM

I'm not having a shot at the size of the two clubs fans. There's a buzz Going round Oldham for this game and I think we'll bring a fair size over. Last league game for us and hopefully we won't be going into the play off's. Regardless, let's hope it's a good derby and premier tv get to show just how good the rugby is at C1 level. See you Thursday peeps

#11 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,303 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:12 PM

If worrying about a stand capacity being too small for all the fans is what you lot are despairing about these days, then Championship 1 can't all be that bad!

Looking forward to watching this game on Thursday night, good luck to both teams!

Posted Image

#12 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 775 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:25 PM

To any one coming in their car on Thursday please note that the car park will have a reduced capacity,due to the TV trucks and other factors.The first game kicks off at 4-30pm with the main game at 7-00pm.Car parking is strictly on a first come first served basis.Having a car park pass does not guarantee you a place.Please get there early to ensure a spot once the car park is full you will have to find on street parking.
Please be aware that a lot of the streets around the stadium are no parking or residents only parking,and this is normally enforced by the council.
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#13 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 947 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:46 AM

Is the church still closed ?

#14 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 775 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:58 AM

yes it is
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#15 DaveButt

DaveButt
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:58 AM

Is the church still closed ?

Saying your prayers in church isn't going to help you win,. Doubt speaking to THE MAN himself in person would either.

#16 Lakeside

Lakeside
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:00 PM

Caution required, there have been people that have had a good butty out of Hornets in the past as regards stewards

#17 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 349 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:33 PM

Can you explain what that means Lakeside ?

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

#18 Lakeside

Lakeside
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:14 PM

Can you explain what that means Lakeside ?

Have a flick through back copies of your Observers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users