Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

trip to not so noisy neighbours

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 321 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:16 PM

already looking forward to this trip, load of us meeting bout 13.30 in squire Knott and getting tram over there if anyone fancies meeting us. Forget yday we are still fighting for the title but now need a cru defeat with no bonus point, so lets be positive and get over there in numbers n cheer our lads to victory Up the Yeds

#2 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 782 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:27 PM

To any one coming in their car on Thursday please note that the car park will have a reduced capacity,due to the TV trucks and other factors.The first game kicks off at 4-30pm with the main game at 7-00pm.Car parking is strictly on a first come first served basis.Having a car park pass does not guarantee you a place.Please get there early to ensure a spot once the car park is full you will have to find on street parking.
Please be aware that a lot of the streets around the stadium are no parking or residents only parking,and this is normally enforced by the council.
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#3 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 360 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:29 PM

The tram from Oldham terminates at Rochdale Railway Station as the work to bring it down into the town centre is not yet completed. You will have to walk down into the town centre.

Also the first match (The Students International) kicks off at 4.30 I believe if you want to watch that one.

One thing that is not clear is the kick off time. The Oldham Club Web Site says 7.30pm. They anounced at Hornets on Sunday that it  is 7.00pm. Just trying to help if there is some miss understanding.  

Edited by Big Doug, 12 August 2013 - 06:41 PM.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

#4 DaveButt

DaveButt
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:34 PM

Kick off is 7.00pm
Allroughyed,come and have a pint with me before the game. I will be stood in the corner of the bar near the hatch, you can't miss me I am the big tall hansome ####.
If you have two minutes to spare we can count all our supporters first, thought I would get it in before you.
I don't expect you you have one after the game as you will hopefully be going home with your tail between your legs. xxxx

#5 higgy

higgy
  • 338 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:24 AM

Kick off is 7.00pm
Allroughyed,come and have a pint with me before the game. I will be stood in the corner of the bar near the hatch, you can't miss me I am the big tall hansome ####.
If you have two minutes to spare we can count all our supporters first, thought I would get it in before you.
I don't expect you you have one after the game as you will hopefully be going home with your tail between your legs. xxxx

I wonder which plonker's arranged a kick off time like this, do they not realise some people have to work till 5.00 - 5.30, maybe even later, then get home and try to get to the ground for a 7.00pm kick off. I am not saying this for my own benefit it does not affect me being retired

Again no thought for the paying spectators when television rears its ugly head

#6 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 955 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:44 AM

7Pm kick off is the decision of premier tv . Dave, got no problem in having a beer after the game, either way , win or lose, Have a booze . Not sure where we'll be before the game. Might be the Baum with Filipino the bull!

GIVE US A TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#7 higgy

higgy
  • 338 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:48 PM

7Pm kick off is the decision of premier tv . Dave, got no problem in having a beer after the game, either way , win or lose, Have a booze . Not sure where we'll be before the game. Might be the Baum with Filipino the bull!

That's what I mean when TV says jump the clubs do so regardless of the fans, not everyone has or can get Premier tv either

#8 Roughyedz

Roughyedz
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:29 PM

That's what I mean when TV says jump the clubs do so regardless of the fans, not everyone has or can get Premier tv either

Im sure that if YOU made up the Financial differnece to the clubs they WOULD kick off to suit YOU ........ lol :rtfm:

Edited by Roughyedz, 13 August 2013 - 04:30 PM.

Posted Image

#9 higgy

higgy
  • 338 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:54 PM

Im sure that if YOU made up the Financial differnece to the clubs they WOULD kick off to suit YOU ........ lol :rtfm:

Don't talk c--p.

What I am saying is that many loyal fans may not be able to get to the game because of the earlier kick off even Sky kick off at 07.30 or 08.00..

All right the club makes money on the one night and I am not blaming them, but in a season it's the fans money that counts not one night on television and if you had read my previous post I stated I don't need the kick off time to suit myself I can get there for any kick off time.

#10 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 999 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:36 PM

I don't know how much we're getting for being on TV but Hunslet got £2500 last year for one of their games from Sky.

Does any one know what the fees are and are they split between the two clubs?
Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"

#11 Logic

Logic
  • Coach
  • 343 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:40 PM

Apparently, there is no money for either the home or away side for matches on Premier. The official line is that Championship Rugby League gets some exposure.

#12 Robthegardener.

Robthegardener.
  • Coach
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:34 PM

People unable to attend the game like myself can watch it here for free!!!

http://www.coolsport.tv/schedule.html

Edited by Robthegardener., 14 August 2013 - 06:53 PM.

Posted ImageVelcome to ze forum...You must obay ze rules

#13 AlwaysCru

AlwaysCru
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:11 PM

r

Apparently, there is no money for either the home or away side for matches on Premier. The official line is that Championship Rugby League gets some exposure.

Yep - I asked what Cru got for the Welsh derby being on tv at Easter and was told it was zero. Also heard Premier Tv don't pay the rfl ANYTHING for the rights to screen CC or CC1 it's just given them to increase publicity.

Can't see the clubs who lose paying spectators being too happy - did you see how many were at Swinton last week? Embarassing...

#14 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,365 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:51 PM

r
Yep - I asked what Cru got for the Welsh derby being on tv at Easter and was told it was zero. Also heard Premier Tv don't pay the rfl ANYTHING for the rights to screen CC or CC1 it's just given them to increase publicity.

Can't see the clubs who lose paying spectators being too happy - did you see how many were at Swinton last week? Embarassing...

If we waited for someone to come along who would pay to screen the matches, we'd never be on TV.  So the choice is, exposure, chance to be on TV, something for club and the RFL to dangle in front of sponsors (however small the channel) or nothing.

Other sports pay for programmes to be broadcast.  To get it for 'free' is better than nothing.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!