TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Harry Jepson Trophy

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Aberdeen Angus

Aberdeen Angus
  • Players
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:49 AM

To BackRowForward, yes it is ridiculous that there are no Scottish teams

To DaveH, yes Aberdeen are disappointed but not surprised, however still proud to have reached the level of Scottish champions in just 3 years since we started and have been in finals every year

What Aberdeen has done in 3 seasons is amazing. We are the largest club in Scotland. We are the Scottish Champions. We have players in every Scotland squad possible. We support development of the game locally through schools links and have worked with local schools to help with their Saltire Schools Cup campaigns (details below)

Aberdeen Grammar School: (U15 and U17 2011 Champions)
Westhill Academy  (U15 2011 Runners-up, U17 2012 and 2013 Champions, U13 2013 Champions in first year the competition was run at this age group)
Since Aberdeen Rugby League Club started the Saltire Schools U17 Cup has never left the North of Scotland

Sad that we are not in the Harry Jepson Trophy having earned our place as Scottish Champions but we'll get over it and we'll be even stronger next season

#22 Impartial Observer

Impartial Observer
  • Coach
  • 472 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:46 AM

No Welsh team also

#23 Aberdeen Angus

Aberdeen Angus
  • Players
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:03 PM

That is sad too and not good for UK development of the game... unless Welsh teams are happy not to be included in the draw. Certainly Aberdeen assumed that they would be in the draw and hence the disappontment.

#24 HappyDave

HappyDave
  • Coach
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:27 PM

Glos Warriors confirmed as our entrant.

I thought that's what would happen.  Lets just hope Glos have gotten over their in-fighting from earlier this year and it doesn't end up with them travelling with Kirk Lewis, Ash Lewis and all of Kirk's sons, daughters & concubines to make up Glos's squad.

"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

#25 RLRatings

RLRatings
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:31 PM

I suppose the only alternative at the moment is to enter the National Cup. That might give it a bit of a boost.

www.rugbyleagueratings.com - proving that Featherstone were bound to beat Cas, since 2011.

#26 Back Row Forward

Back Row Forward
  • Coach
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:39 PM

So the final is South West London Chargers v Gateshead Storm - any predictions?

Is it possible to take anything from the relative semi final scores? How good are Telford and Devon?

Anyone going down to watch?

Champions arent made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision - Muhammad Ali

#27 London Drifter

London Drifter
  • Coach
  • 108 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:12 PM

Both clubs won their league & their cup ... Gateshead have gone through the season undefeated.

Not sure how the two league compare - but the London one is strong!

Should be a great game!!

#28 dogthebountyhunter

dogthebountyhunter
  • Coach
  • 436 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:17 AM

So the final is South West London Chargers v Gateshead Storm - any predictions?

Is it possible to take anything from the relative semi final scores? How good are Telford and Devon?

Anyone going down to watch?

I can comment on Sharks because they are one of our rivals (I play for Exeter Centurions)..... oh, and I helped found them (Sharks)!!! A full strength Sharks would compete with anybody but they were seven players short in the semi final due to injury picked up in the opening two weeks of the union season. 

They didn't use this as an excuse, it was just one of them things, but the SW League is reasonably strong with Sharks and Cornish Rebels being the stand out teams. Either of which could win the Harry Jepson.

Imagine if in 1895 they had internet forums.............rugby league would not exist!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users