Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

next season

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:09 PM

Ive read on another forum that next season there will be 2 promoted from champ 1 and 5 relegated from the championship. With this in mind would it be easier to be relegated and hopefuly win promotion back next season. To finish outside the bottom 5 in the championship next season would take some doing imo
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#2 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:17 PM

Depending on money , it'll be just away games for me mate..............

#3 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,296 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:36 PM

Ive read on another forum that next season there will be 2 promoted from champ 1 and 5 relegated from the championship. With this in mind would it be easier to be relegated and hopefuly win promotion back next season. To finish outside the bottom 5 in the championship next season would take some doing imo

You need to lose 4 teams from the 2014 Championship to get the 2 x 12 in 2015, 5 teams if Toulouse come in,

7 if 2 teams come up.

But just seen in bit in the League Weekly today about us if we go down that says ''It would definately mean that the

club would be frozen out of the top 24 structure which starts in 2015'' - so that sounds like no promotion from

Champ 1 in the 2014 season to me..

#4 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 367 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:44 PM

There could be a playoff between bottom end of the championship and top of 1

#5 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:15 PM

So basically if we go down we'll be stuck there with no chance of promotion? Or have I misread that shades
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#6 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,460 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:55 PM

I got told from a very good source they will be no promotion from championship 1 next season until 2015.Whoever goes down is stuck there for 2 seasons!!
Posted Image

#7 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:22 PM

I got told from a very good source they will be no promotion from championship 1 next season until 2015.Whoever goes down is stuck there for 2 seasons!!

Nothing has been decided yet, but this will be the most likely outcome I imagine.

Posted Image

#8 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,460 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:26 PM

An horrific outcome for the 2 relegated clubs, dosent bear thinking about.
Posted Image

#9 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:42 PM

An horrific outcome for the 2 relegated clubs, dosent bear thinking about.

Not really, Crusaders, Oldham and Rochdale all seem to be doing just fine this year.

If York go down we'll dust ourselves off, enjoy visiting some new grounds and get ready for the new structure. :)

Posted Image

#10 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:01 PM

It bloody stupid scenario being stuck with no promotion for 2 years but you would probably have to finish in the top 8 or 9 of the championship next season anyway to stay in SL2 so the budget to achieve that may send one or two clubs over the financial abyss ???

Edited by morty, 12 August 2013 - 07:24 PM.

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#11 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:26 PM

It's only the same as last season when we couldn't go down just this time we can't go up. It's just a shame the decisions aren't made at the start of the season instead of near the end

#12 pooliehawk

pooliehawk
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:46 PM

How the idiots who run RL think is behound me....No promotion for two years, and like that isnt going to effect financial on the club, crowds, whats point of going to watch your team if no chance of going up even if you win the league.

It could be so simple, stick same amount of teams in every league, 2 up, 2 down...leave it at that, now how bloody hard is that..

#13 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:57 PM

How the idiots who run RL think is behound me....No promotion for two years, and like that isnt going to effect financial on the club, crowds, whats point of going to watch your team if no chance of going up even if you win the league.

It could be so simple, stick same amount of teams in every league, 2 up, 2 down...leave it at that, now how bloody hard is that..

Its actually no promotion for just one year to be pedantic, but your second point I completely agree with!

Posted Image

#14 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 896 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:15 AM

So then, potentially two years of travelling the country, playing playing in front of fewer than 200 supporters for the losers of Sunday's game. But even if we stay up, we need to finish out of the bottom five next year.

So at the minute it's either annual fixtures against the likes of Hemel and Gloucestershire, or a perennial battle against relegation. Devil and deep blue sea spring to mind ...

#15 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,296 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:20 AM

Not really, Crusaders, Oldham and Rochdale all seem to be doing just fine this year.

If York go down we'll dust ourselves off, enjoy visiting some new grounds and get ready for the new structure. :)

Agree Gav - might be easier said than done, but if it happens to us, my cunning plan would be:

Spend decent money (if available?) on 4 key players - 1, 7, 9 & 13 - and get them on 2 year contracts

Then keep all the young lads we have currently (don't really think any of them have let us down) and

play them in the starting 17 next season & keep the same group for 2015 so you get a team built over

2 seasons & the team spirit, togetherness, mates etc, etc.

#16 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:05 AM

Target MUST be to stay up. Always Aim to Achieve The BEST and be the Best that You can be !!! Relegation is for No Marks / LOSERS ...

#17 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:14 AM

Agree Gav - might be easier said than done, but if it happens to us, my cunning plan would be:

Spend decent money (if available?) on 4 key players - 1, 7, 9 & 13 - and get them on 2 year contracts

Then keep all the young lads we have currently (don't really think any of them have let us down) and

play them in the starting 17 next season & keep the same group for 2015 so you get a team built over

2 seasons & the team spirit, togetherness, mates etc, etc.

How can you keep the same team when we get an assignment of players on Friday night , would be nice to see what players stay next year , when i've heard that at least 1 player as asked to be released from his contract because of the D/R ongoings................

#18 staitheclosehawk

staitheclosehawk
  • Players
  • 97 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:28 AM

How can you keep the same team when we get an assignment of players on Friday night , would be nice to see what players stay next year , when i've heard that at least 1 player as asked to be released from his contract because of the D/R ongoings................

I thought the DR players trained with the club at least twice a week or so we got told, if thats true about a player asking to be released he will have the same problem next year unless he can get a top champ club who don't use DR, so will be in same boat.....

#19 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:34 AM

Its no different to how the top of the championship as been ever since the licensing system came in. I don't agree with it but at least the teams that go down only have 2 years with no P&R and not 3 to 15 years lol.

#20 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:37 AM

I thought the DR players trained with the club at least twice a week or so we got told, if thats true about a player asking to be released he will have the same problem next year unless he can get a top champ club who don't use DR, so will be in same boat.....

Won't be a problem next year I don't think as DR will be stopping by the looks of it as the under 23s are coming back so I've read somewhere anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users