TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

next season

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#21 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:39 AM

I thought the DR players trained with the club at least twice a week or so we got told, if thats true about a player asking to be released he will have the same problem next year unless he can get a top champ club who don't use DR, so will be in same boat.....

Leeds players are full time and train with there own team through the day , Hunslets players Tues , Thurs , Fri evenings...........

#22 staitheclosehawk

staitheclosehawk
  • Players
  • 97 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:45 AM

Leeds players are full time and train with there own team through the day , Hunslets players Tues , Thurs , Fri evenings...........

Yes but the Leeds players also train with Hunslet players at least twice a week that's what Jimmy Watson said anyway.

#23 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:51 AM

Yes but the Leeds players also train with Hunslet players at least twice a week that's what Jimmy Watson said anyway.

Many many posts ago someone put it on here but i can't find what topics its on , i could be wrong but Leeds don't know there team either till the end of the week and then they let us know who's available..........

#24 staitheclosehawk

staitheclosehawk
  • Players
  • 97 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:55 AM

Many many posts ago someone put it on here but i can't find what topics its on , i could be wrong but Leeds don't know there team either till the end of the week and then they let us know who's available..........

I'm sure Gazmeister can confirm that the Leeds players train with Hunslet players so this one can be put to bed, you couldn't pick a team if team mates didn't know their own players names.

Edited by staitheclosehawk, 13 August 2013 - 09:56 AM.

#25 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 254 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:07 AM

I'm sure Gazmeister can confirm that the Leeds players train with Hunslet players so this one can be put to bed, you couldn't pick a team if team mates didn't know their own players names.

D/R players train all week with the parent club and train with Hunslet for example Thursday and Friday. So they can have double sessions in one day I believe.
They miss the earlier training session I.e Tuesday nights.

#26 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:24 AM

So will Fev keep getting players in on loan then Gaz?
Posted Image

#27 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:26 AM

Sorted , I don't think i'd be happy tho if i was putting in Tues, Thurs, Fri, nights training after work and then being told i'm being dropped for a D/R player.........I'm happy with Loan Players and it dose'nt matter were they come from...............

#28 badger24

badger24
  • Coach
  • 386 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:38 AM

Sorted , I don't think i'd be happy tho if i was putting in Tues, Thurs, Fri, nights training after work and then being told i'm being dropped for a D/R player.........I'm happy with Loan Players and it dose'nt matter were they come from...............

Agreed think loan is better than DR but think Loan should be a month minimum not on week by week basis surely that benefits no one ?

#29 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:43 AM

How can you keep the same team when we get an assignment of players on Friday night , would be nice to see what players stay next year , when i've heard that at least 1 player as asked to be released from his contract because of the D/R ongoings................

Wasn't really thinking about dual-reg - you spend cash on your best 4 Hunslet players on

2 year contracts & build a team around them over the next 2 seasons

#30 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:58 AM

Wasn't really thinking about dual-reg - you spend cash on your best 4 Hunslet players on

2 year contracts & build a team around them over the next 2 seasons

Yeh the numbers you mentioned 6,7,9,13 , only Hood and McShane have put pressure on them numbers this term , but 1 or 2 year contracts are the issue , personally i'd take a chance and just go for 1 year contracts , but fair point ............

#31 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:17 AM

So will Fev keep getting players in on loan then Gaz?

I very much doubt it mate with the P&R season coming back. We had to do it this season with the injuries we have picked up and some of the poor signings DP made. But the ones that we have loaned I'm sure we will be looking into keeping them for next season. As Barlow is playing for a contract with us for next season. We have only loaned 3 players in by the way just to cover our injuries.

Edited by thundergaz, 13 August 2013 - 11:18 AM.

#32 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:43 PM

Why does everyone think 21/23's coming back is going to suddenly stop the dual reg? Super league clubs have finally realised that the championship is a lot stronger than they thought & the 21/23's will be a shocking standard for the next 3/4 seasons at least.

Edited by noname6, 13 August 2013 - 12:44 PM.

#33 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:13 PM

Why does everyone think 21/23's coming back is going to suddenly stop the dual reg? Super league clubs have finally realised that the championship is a lot stronger than they thought & the 21/23's will be a shocking standard for the next 3/4 seasons at least.

Exactly.......................... so why should Championship players suffer at the expense of Super League players..............The SL clubs want what we've got (and thats not buying us out) thats before people come here saying that , has the penny finally dropped noname6

Edited by Blackbeard, 13 August 2013 - 01:18 PM.

#34 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:28 PM

Exactly.......................... so why should Championship players suffer at the expense of Super League players..............The SL clubs want what we've got (and thats not buying us out) thats before people come here saying that , has the penny finally dropped noname6

not at all, the players sulking in championship who aren't getting in front of dual reg players need to realise that maybe they should be in championship 1 making the whole game stronger. Of any of the dual reg players we'd had or any other team for the matter, the player dropped been of a better standard than the dual reg player that has cone in?

#35 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:34 PM

not at all, the players sulking in championship who aren't getting in front of dual reg players need to realise that maybe they should be in championship 1 making the whole game stronger. Of any of the dual reg players we'd had or any other team for the matter, the player dropped been of a better standard than the dual reg player that has cone in?

Lets just hope that someone dose'nt take your job because they can do it better than you , dose'nt loyalty mean owt to you...............and these players who are sulking are they the ones who turn up for training tues,thurs,fri night after work..........and don't get picked...

Edited by Blackbeard, 13 August 2013 - 01:56 PM.

#36 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:39 PM

Lets just hope that someone dose'nt take your job because they can do it better than you , dose'nt loyalty mean owt to you...............and these players who are sulking are they the ones who turn up for training tues,thurs,fri night after work..........and don't get picked...

if someone was better at my job and would do it for the same / less money then I'd fully expect my boss to take a look at them. There's no such this as loyalty to most players, many would jump ship for an extra £10.

#37 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:15 PM

if someone was better at my job and would do it for the same / less money then I'd fully expect my boss to take a look at them. There's no such this as loyalty to most players, many would jump ship for an extra £10.

Loyalty is hard to come by with some players , but a player who turns up to training everynight , in my eyes thats being loyal.............Neil Lowe just played for the money , but least you got your monies worth with him................

#38 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 466 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:20 PM

Depends what job, some jobs could take weeks to get upto speed with what they specifically have to do even if they had the same/better skill set. So the boss probably feel it could be less effective or it could cause more ill effect to the company in the long run, if he replaced someone with the view of a short term fix.

#39 Hawksnest

Hawksnest
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:23 PM

Well Blackbeard I don't see why your moaning on about anything to do with hunslet. You don't watch them at home but you give ur money to away clubs that's NOT loyalty that you keep going on about.

#40 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:46 PM

Well Blackbeard I don't see why your moaning on about anything to do with hunslet. You don't watch them at home but you give ur money to away clubs that's NOT loyalty that you keep going on about.

I've watch em both at Home/away this term , but i'm not contracted to em i'm i , i started watching Hunslet when i was 7 (now 47) , and i've missed seasons not watching em , used to be in HISSA on the committee , done charity events , put most of the pictures in the phoenix bar up , when Big Al was there , av put the signs on the far walls , so i'd say i was , but if you can't be Hunslet 24/7 its no good , Theres a lad who goes in the phoenix bar more loyal than most that go down there , he went missing for 2 seasons , does that make him unloyal.............

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users