Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

next season

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#41 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:46 PM

Loyalty is hard to come by with some players , but a player who turns up to training everynight , in my eyes thats being loyal.............Neil Lowe just played for the money , but least you got your monies worth with him................

so someone who turns up for the chance of a cash reward is being loyal in your eyes? That same someone which would switch team for £10 more a game? Granted not all players are like this but plenty of them are, why do you think you see so much movement between similar level clubs?

At the end of the day the sport is about winning not keeping every single player happy at all times and to win games some people are going to get upset. Personally I can't see the difference between a Hunslet player being dropped for another Hunslet player or being dropped for a Leeds player. The Leeds lads train Thursday & Friday from all accounts so miss 1 session which is likely to be a video review, rehab, light workout and/or a individual training session to work on the errors from the previous game. Most of which will or should be covered by the parent club anyway; be pretty stupid for the parent club to send a player out on dual reg and not monitor how they're going week by week.

If the Leeds players were just turning up on a Sunday and getting in the team then yes Hunslet players would have the right to feel annoyed but that isn't the case from what's been said publicly & from posters on here. However as I've said, at the end of the day the sport is about winning and when the money difference between the leagues is so big staying up / going up is the number 1 goal. do you think any team would turn down sinfield, burrow, watkins, morley, hodgson, atkin, brough, tomkin, etc even if they just turned up on a Sunday without training?* a few annoyed players is easier to deal with then having to survive with a lot less money.

*before any fev fans claim they wouldn't, stop kidding yourself. If getting 5 of those blokes was the difference between being promoted and staying in the same league you'd be biting their hands off.

You're example of lowey is quite funny to be honest, do you think he trained 3 tines a week? I'd be shocked if he did more than 2 sessions a week, 1 session a week was probably the norm, yet I didn't hear anyone crying foul when he was getting in the team every week.

Edited by noname6, 13 August 2013 - 10:40 PM.

#42 staitheclosehawk

staitheclosehawk
  • Players
  • 97 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:30 PM

Correct players leave for a extra fiver these days and agents well why do players at this level need an agent, one is posting on the Batley forum, lowest of the low.
Was speaking to Liam Sutcliffe at the weekend and he says he expects to be at Hawks next year on dual r so sounds like the partnership is agreed for 2014 no matter what league the club ends up in.
Will the club or any Champ club ever have a player do a testimonial again???

#43 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 319 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:26 AM

Some of our players took pay cuts and stayed when hist took over that's loyalty

#44 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:44 AM

so someone who turns up for the chance of a cash reward is being loyal in your eyes? That same someone which would switch team for £10 more a game? Granted not all players are like this but plenty of them are, why do you think you see so much movement between similar level clubs?

At the end of the day the sport is about winning not keeping every single player happy at all times and to win games some people are going to get upset. Personally I can't see the difference between a Hunslet player being dropped for another Hunslet player or being dropped for a Leeds player. The Leeds lads train Thursday & Friday from all accounts so miss 1 session which is likely to be a video review, rehab, light workout and/or a individual training session to work on the errors from the previous game. Most of which will or should be covered by the parent club anyway; be pretty stupid for the parent club to send a player out on dual reg and not monitor how they're going week by week.

If the Leeds players were just turning up on a Sunday and getting in the team then yes Hunslet players would have the right to feel annoyed but that isn't the case from what's been said publicly & from posters on here. However as I've said, at the end of the day the sport is about winning and when the money difference between the leagues is so big staying up / going up is the number 1 goal. do you think any team would turn down sinfield, burrow, watkins, morley, hodgson, atkin, brough, tomkin, etc even if they just turned up on a Sunday without training?* a few annoyed players is easier to deal with then having to survive with a lot less money.

*before any fev fans claim they wouldn't, stop kidding yourself. If getting 5 of those blokes was the difference between being promoted and staying in the same league you'd be biting their hands off.

You're example of lowey is quite funny to be honest, do you think he trained 3 tines a week? I'd be shocked if he did more than 2 sessions a week, 1 session a week was probably the norm, yet I didn't hear anyone crying foul when he was getting in the team every week.

What part of i don't like D/R , don't you understand , why don't you ring Red Hall and get em to set up a RFL Agency and then clubs can ring them on a Friday night and ask em to send 17 players to the club on Sunday , did'nt know you took register on training days to see who turns up or is that just what you've heard..........

#45 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:56 AM

if someone was better at my job and would do it for the same / less money then I'd fully expect my boss to take a look at them. There's no such this as loyalty to most players, many would jump ship for an extra £10.

......Thats why English people cant get Work ! Cos the Polish , come over work for Lower wages , And You think thats O.K. ???? CLOWN !!!!!!!!!!!!!

#46 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:19 AM

Correct players leave for a extra fiver these days and agents well why do players at this level need an agent, one is posting on the Batley forum, lowest of the low.
Was speaking to Liam Sutcliffe at the weekend and he says he expects to be at Hawks next year on dual r so sounds like the partnership is agreed for 2014 no matter what league the club ends up in.
Will the club or any Champ club ever have a player do a testimonial again???

This happens in everyday life where people go looking for more money in any given job and players are no different , some are loyal and some ar'nt , if a player signs a year contract and puts a shift in , then its up to him if he moves on at the end , the Bosman ruling dose'nt help the smaller clubs either..... 

#47 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,442 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:39 AM

Bosman has ruined all sport rick, esp RL and Soccer.

Posted Image

#48 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:18 AM

......Thats why English people cant get Work ! Cos the Polish , come over work for Lower wages , And You think thats O.K. ???? CLOWN !!!!!!!!!!!!!

If they're over here legally, their is nothing wrong with it at all.

Posted Image

#49 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:34 AM

yes there is and its all the rfl/gary hetherington/leeds rhinos fault...

#50 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,080 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:35 AM

yes there is and its all the rfl/gary hetherington/leeds rhinos fault...

And Mr Heatons.

Founder of the convent pontoon team.

#51 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:46 AM

And Mr Heatons.

sorry forgot about heaton

#52 gabby

gabby
  • Coach
  • 750 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:49 AM

CLOWN !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't think there's any need for insults. This site gets far too aggressive at times!

It is far better to remain silent and be thought a fool
than to open your mouth and prove that you are.

#53 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:26 AM

... Legally correct , Morally FLAWED ! ! !  But as a journalist its your job to "rake the mire" . . . Am amazed you post on this site , what with York being Relegated and You being a directer an all ! ! !   One  Direction . . . .   DOWN . . . . . . .  

#54 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:27 PM

... Legally correct , Morally FLAWED ! ! !  But as a journalist its your job to "rake the mire" . . . Am amazed you post on this site , what with York being Relegated and You being a directer an all ! ! !   One  Direction . . . .   DOWN . . . . . . .  

I... I don't even... What?

Posted Image

#55 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 874 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:31 PM

To be fair I think we've had a high degree of loyalty from our players in recent seasons. There are at least 6-7 players who were signed up in our promotion season of 2010 still here ... and then there's at least another four who have left, and then come back again when things haven't worked out at their next club.

And the ethos at the club has to have played a large part in that ... the players certainly don't play at Hunslet for the size of the wage packets or the adulation of the massive crowds ...

#56 Penola

Penola
  • 600 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:53 PM

Just because it's legal doesn't make it right

#57 Penola

Penola
  • 600 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:54 PM

And Mr Heatons.

Paul Heaton to you

#58 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:59 PM

Just because it's legal doesn't make it right

Just when I thought this forum couldn't get any more parochial...

Posted Image

#59 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:22 PM

Just when I thought this forum couldn't get any more parochial...

Gav , i've worked on the building site for most of my life , as a self-employed joiner and i've had many a months out of work due to an influx of EU workers , as have a lot of my mates , half of em ar'nt even skilled but get work because there cheap , and i've seen it at first hand , and wait till the Romanians and Bulgarians come , if there cheap , they'll take jobs before British people , A+E and hospitals full and they hav'nt paid a dime into the state , but if the goverment say its right  ,  it must be...............

#60 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:35 PM

Gav , i've worked on the building site for most of my life , as a self-employed joiner and i've had many a months out of work due to an influx of EU workers , as have a lot of my mates , half of em ar'nt even skilled but get work because there cheap , and i've seen it at first hand , and wait till the Romanians and Bulgarians come , if there cheap , they'll take jobs before British people , A+E and hospitals full and they hav'nt paid a dime into the state , but if the goverment say its right  ,  it must be...............

If they're here and not paying their way that is a problem I completely agree mate.

But if they're here legally, working legally and as such paying in to the system and gaining necessary skills/qualifications, then there is no problem. 

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users