Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

next season

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#61 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,442 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:50 PM

Gav , i've worked on the building site for most of my life , as a self-employed joiner and i've had many a months out of work due to an influx of EU workers , as have a lot of my mates , half of em ar'nt even skilled but get work because there cheap , and i've seen it at first hand , and wait till the Romanians and Bulgarians come , if there cheap , they'll take jobs before British people , A+E and hospitals full and they hav'nt paid a dime into the state , but if the goverment say its right  ,  it must be...............

well said rick, spot on.

Posted Image

#62 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:01 PM

If they're here and not paying their way that is a problem I completely agree mate.

But if they're here legally, working legally and as such paying in to the system and gaining necessary skills/qualifications, then there is no problem. 

Most of them that have settled will be paying tax/ insurance , but if a british worker is sat at home and an EU worker with the same skills is keeping him out of work , then to me its still wrong , just my view...................

#63 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,289 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:08 PM

Most of them that have settled will be paying tax/ insurance , but if a british worker is sat at home and an EU worker with the same skills is keeping him out of work , then to me its still wrong , just my view...................

Plenty of British folk emigrate all over the planet and work in different countries mate. Its a small world these days!

Posted Image

#64 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,442 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:18 PM

agency workers -  cheap labour, no holidays , no sickpay, no rights.Scurge of British Industry.

Posted Image

#65 hunslet ramone

hunslet ramone
  • Coach
  • 111 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:23 PM

Plenty of British folk emigrate all over the planet and work in different countries mate. Its a small world these days!

Yes , but in such as Japan you have to have a degree to work there and be wanted for the job in question. I know I have been there.

Should be same rules here for us.

#66 Penola

Penola
  • 600 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:46 PM

[quote name="Gav Wilson" post="2767804" timestamp="1376499571"]
Just when I thought this forum couldn't get any more exciting for me

Try the York one then

Edited by Penola, 14 August 2013 - 07:01 PM.

#67 Penola

Penola
  • 600 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:48 PM

Yes , but in such as Japan you have to have a degree to work there and be wanted for the job in question. I know I have been there.
Should be same rules here for us.

Same with Oz. We can't just turn up. You have to be LOCAL

Edited by Penola, 14 August 2013 - 06:51 PM.

#68 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 319 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:05 PM

If these poles are cheap labour do any of them play rugby

#69 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:08 PM

Same with Oz. We can't just turn up. You have to be LOCAL

Mr Chinnery's LOCAL , there always after vets down under.................

#70 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:26 PM

If they're here and not paying their way that is a problem I completely agree mate.

But if they're here legally, working legally and as such paying in to the system and gaining necessary skills/qualifications, then there is no problem.

Anybody have a figure for how many British ex-pats are both living and working abroad?

Posted Image

#71 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 786 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:06 AM

Looking at the BBC website about 5.5 million.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#72 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:11 AM

Yes . But alas cant get out of The Sunday shift @ ARLA !!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users