- - - - -

next season

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#61 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,523 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:50 PM

Gav , i've worked on the building site for most of my life , as a self-employed joiner and i've had many a months out of work due to an influx of EU workers , as have a lot of my mates , half of em ar'nt even skilled but get work because there cheap , and i've seen it at first hand , and wait till the Romanians and Bulgarians come , if there cheap , they'll take jobs before British people , A+E and hospitals full and they hav'nt paid a dime into the state , but if the goverment say its right  ,  it must be...............

well said rick, spot on.

Posted Image

#62 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:01 PM

If they're here and not paying their way that is a problem I completely agree mate.

But if they're here legally, working legally and as such paying in to the system and gaining necessary skills/qualifications, then there is no problem. 

Most of them that have settled will be paying tax/ insurance , but if a british worker is sat at home and an EU worker with the same skills is keeping him out of work , then to me its still wrong , just my view...................

#63 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:08 PM

Most of them that have settled will be paying tax/ insurance , but if a british worker is sat at home and an EU worker with the same skills is keeping him out of work , then to me its still wrong , just my view...................

Plenty of British folk emigrate all over the planet and work in different countries mate. Its a small world these days!

Posted Image

#64 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,523 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:18 PM

agency workers -  cheap labour, no holidays , no sickpay, no rights.Scurge of British Industry.

Posted Image

#65 hunslet ramone

hunslet ramone
  • Coach
  • 145 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:23 PM

Plenty of British folk emigrate all over the planet and work in different countries mate. Its a small world these days!

Yes , but in such as Japan you have to have a degree to work there and be wanted for the job in question. I know I have been there.

Should be same rules here for us.

#66 Penola

Penola
  • 610 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:46 PM

[quote name="Gav Wilson" post="2767804" timestamp="1376499571"]
Just when I thought this forum couldn't get any more exciting for me

Try the York one then

Edited by Penola, 14 August 2013 - 07:01 PM.

#67 Penola

Penola
  • 610 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:48 PM

Yes , but in such as Japan you have to have a degree to work there and be wanted for the job in question. I know I have been there.
Should be same rules here for us.

Same with Oz. We can't just turn up. You have to be LOCAL

Edited by Penola, 14 August 2013 - 06:51 PM.

#68 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 406 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:05 PM

If these poles are cheap labour do any of them play rugby

#69 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:08 PM

Same with Oz. We can't just turn up. You have to be LOCAL

Mr Chinnery's LOCAL , there always after vets down under.................

#70 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:26 PM

If they're here and not paying their way that is a problem I completely agree mate.

But if they're here legally, working legally and as such paying in to the system and gaining necessary skills/qualifications, then there is no problem.

Anybody have a figure for how many British ex-pats are both living and working abroad?

Posted Image

#71 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 922 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:06 AM

Looking at the BBC website about 5.5 million.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#72 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:11 AM

Yes . But alas cant get out of The Sunday shift @ ARLA !!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users