Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Team for Keighley

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:10 AM

Briscoe
Hulme
Connor
Mossop
Flynn if fit
Lupton
Callum
Dowes
Matty
Coward
Phillips
Stack
Olstrom

Morris
Acton
Thackray
Carter

#2 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,238 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:41 AM

briscoe
flynn
rooney
connor
mossop
callum
lupton
coward
matty
thacks
stack
phillips
olstrum

acton
dowes
carter
allen
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#3 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:45 AM

Sounds about right, Carter in for Flynn if not fit, I still think Hulme is a centre maybe swap places with Mossop.
Watched video of sundays game against haven, they scored some good tries and March had a field day, we need to stop the horrible little **** running things around the rucks. Havens tackling had to be seen to be believed, they made Keighley look like Melbourne storm, it was pathetic.
Why is this game an 8pm KO ? We had to get to Sheffield for 7.30 like every other club who plays away midweek.............Oh I forgot we are playing the biggest whingers in the RL.

#4 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:49 AM

I would like to see Hulme in again played really well on Sunday

#5 homeandawayer

homeandawayer
  • Coach
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:51 AM

Briscoe

Carter

Rooney

Hulme

Calderwood

Lupton

Phillips

Acton

Mattinson

Dowes

Morris

Phillips

Olstrum

________

Coward

Thackray

Connor

Shackley

Edited by homeandawayer, 13 August 2013 - 10:52 AM.

#6 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:52 AM

I don't care what the names on the shirt are anymore , we get burned by this over n over again .We see with other teams it can be irrelevant . It's our attitude and game management and control out on the pitch that matters . We play slick we pretty much always win , we play error strewn we always struggle .

Edited by DavidM, 13 August 2013 - 10:54 AM.

#7 homeandawayer

homeandawayer
  • Coach
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:54 AM

I don't care what the names on the shirt are , we get burned by this over n over again . It's our attitude and game management and control out on the pitch that matters . We play slick we pretty much always win , we play error strewn we always struggle .

Fair enough , bit it does make a difference having the right players doing the things they do best.

#8 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:58 AM

Of course im in favour of quality and DR , but we've had superstar team sheets that lose ... Look at Hunslets sheet , no disrespect , and Donnys , among others .
This league is about simple things executed well , simple drills done slickly . It's the over riding thing but one which we only grasp in patches . We give ourselves the best chance agreed , but you still have to make it happen . Charlo in star today ' We must cut out errors ' ... When we played out 7 sets we scored 3 tries ... When we started making errors they won ... Go figure .

Edited by DavidM, 13 August 2013 - 11:07 AM.

#9 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 835 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:55 AM

Up the town

#10 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,238 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:00 PM

well paddy isnt playing and hulme dosent know if hes definately needed yet. maybe we do what hunslet tried and stick to a full town 17. its easily possible with a team of briscoe,calders,connor,rooney,mossop,callum,lupton,coward,matty,thacks,stack,phillips,olstrum. subs,morris,carter,acton and dowes. i would be pretty confident with that side.

#11 homeandawayer

homeandawayer
  • Coach
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:53 PM

It might help if we had 13 players on the field for the full 80 minutes.

#12 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:01 PM

Yes that's one thing you can't coach or legislate for . On top and with the momentum and then a brain explosion . If you're stopping a try there's a modicum of defence , but for a silly nothing it's hard to stomach ... Basically with only ten to go he got sent off for that .

#13 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:03 PM

Does anyone know if Walne is totally out of it now then ?

#14 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:28 PM

Could you win 13-nil please .

Thanks

#15 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:54 PM

Thanks

agreed

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#16 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,238 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:35 PM

Thanks

i cant see us winning by any less than 16-18 mate. we owe the cougars a couple of hidings after there comments over recent years.

#17 HOLYMOLY

HOLYMOLY
  • Coach
  • 228 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:17 PM

i cant see us winning by any less than 16-18 mate. we owe the cougars a couple of hidings after there comments over recent years.

Wow,do tell

#18 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:12 PM

Can't legislate for ###### officials either

#19 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,707 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:51 PM

Can't legislate for ###### officials either

I don't think tomorrows ref Tom Crashley is too bad, certainly better than some we get. Our ref at Barrow on Sunday is Jamie Bloem ex-player with Doncaster!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#20 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:01 PM

You had him Tom against Swinton a few weeks back. I thought he was very good

Riggy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users