Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Sheffield Eagles Game.

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 993 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:58 PM

Always a tricky game against one of the best organise team in the league.Hope i'm wrong but can't see us getting much out of this game on Sunday.Rams 18-38 Eagles.Oh and welcome back to Patch Walker and rest of the former rams players in the team.

#2 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:37 PM

Sheffield look like winning the GF again, 4 or 5 ex Rams in the team as well. Will be strange seeing Pat not wearing a Rams shirt. Talent right across the park means I can't see a past an eagles win.
Rams 16- eagles 46.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#3 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,662 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:09 AM

We'll be fortunate to get within a sniff of a BP I reckon. Sheffield are a really solid team, nothing fancy but very well drilled and effective with no real weaknesses all round. Add to that they are our bogey side and it may seem like a long afternoon. It would be even worse if we get outnumbered by their fans. :help:

Rams 16 - 36 eagles

Att 745

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#4 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:03 AM

Yep be even worse if the Sheffield taxi outnumbers us ha!!

#5 muddyfunster

muddyfunster
  • Coach
  • 960 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:02 PM

I have no real confidence for this game and see Sheffield taking the victory by 20 plus points. I just hope the some of the remaining teams facing both Hunslet & York in the final run in have similar winning margins. Otherwise we could be doomed!

Despite the above I will be there on Sunday, and will be happy to eat my words should the lads prove me wrong

Edited by muddyfunster, 14 August 2013 - 12:02 PM.

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/

name.png

#6 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:05 PM

I think Dewsbury has already won its last game this season; in fact I could say we'll get no more points this term!

Dewsbury 18 - 36 Sheffield

Att: 756

It's doubtful that I will be in attendance; a family gathering awaits in exclusive Round-hay!

Legs, Dews, Legs.

#7 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:34 PM

With a depleted side and weather looking good, it looks like a hard game ahead. Thin on the bench so a BP at best.

#8 Eagletarian

Eagletarian
  • Coach
  • 4,594 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:04 AM

Your lads read this site, for goodness sake give them some hope, at least tell them taxi drivers in Sheffield are good union members and are on strike tomorrow, so only pushbike users will be supporting the Eagles.....

Rugby League should be the opiate of the people (Marks not in Las Palmas)

Posted Image

#9 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 993 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:39 AM

Your lads read this site, for goodness sake give them some hope, at least tell them taxi drivers in Sheffield are good union members and are on strike tomorrow, so only pushbike users will be supporting the Eagles.....        That will bring your fans coming today  from twenty to ten then?                                                                           

Edited by andyram, 18 August 2013 - 08:42 AM.

#10 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:04 PM

Looking like a good BP for the boys today.

You never know, now the relegation pressure is off, we might start playing some open expansive care-free rugby.

(Damn, this Ciders strong stuff)

Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#11 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:06 PM

Thought it was a good performance overall, again composure lacking at times, few times we got into their 20 and didnt complete the sets, not sure why Kane Bentley was kicking, hope he either improves or stops. Sheffield were the better team, took their chances well and had 3 game breakers in QLT, Taulupapa and Yere. They slowed our PTB down and played their own ball quicker than we did. Stringer and Battye being particularly good at slowing the PTB or flopping depending on your viewpoint.

For the Rams, thought Brwon and Gallagher had great games, Craven and Pryce look a good combination down the left, for the Pryce bashers, another try and made Craven's try, as well as putting him through on a few occasions, Hyde played well and a good performance from just about everyone. A few rubs of the green and it could have been closer but that's the way it goes, still a bit light in the forwards compared to Sheffield, but no lack of effort and commitment right to the end. Well earned bonus point and keeps us in the mix with some results going our way.

What happened at the end? Seemed a few fans were unhappy with Taulapapa, saw him make an inappropriate gesture and then he seemed to be ready to fight them? Think everyone should calm down a bit and Taulapapa should just walk away.

Edited by Wakefield Ram, 18 August 2013 - 05:08 PM.

#12 BROADEDDIE

BROADEDDIE
  • Coach
  • 154 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:25 PM

Got to agree thought the lads worked vey hard in the second half to earn their bonus point. First half going down Browns side thought we looked very dangerous, second half hardly used it, come on guys think about it. Apart from some poor tackling in the centre of the park, not bad at all.
As for the ref and linesman, wouldn't pay them at all, what a waste of space.

#13 sparks1

sparks1
  • Players
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:27 PM

Looking like a good BP for the boys today.

You never know, now the relegation pressure is off, we might start playing some open expansive care-free rugby.

(Damn, this Ciders strong stuff)

yeah good bp, take it u didnt get the cider from south stand bar cos its awful, could we try and sort something for next year as all the beer is dreadful in the south stand.

#14 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:59 PM

yeah good bp, take it u didnt get the cider from south stand bar cos its awful, could we try and sort something for next year as all the beer is dreadful in the south stand.

Linesmen/referee never saw a forward pass all match - including the huge one for our second try. Looked as though Pryce was nearly over the fence when he put the ball down for his try but we'll take it. Sheffield were so much better and quicker than us in every department (JC excepted) I really didn't think we'd get a try. I doubt the Eagles were anywhere near their best, but they were never in any danger - I can see them retaining their title this year. Finegan looked a different player to the one who was abject in a Ram's shirt - wonder why.  

#15 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:51 PM

Linesmen/referee never saw a forward pass all match - including the huge one for our second try. Looked as though Pryce was nearly over the fence when he put the ball down for his try but we'll take it. Sheffield were so much better and quicker than us in every department (JC excepted) I really didn't think we'd get a try. I doubt the Eagles were anywhere near their best, but they were never in any danger - I can see them retaining their title this year. Finegan looked a different player to the one who was abject in a Ram's shirt - wonder why.

Fine gain was never put under pressure defensively. His man marking for us was hopeless!

#16 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:39 PM

Still think we have better wingers in Craven (full-back), Buchanan, Morton and Scott

#17 Rambo

Rambo
  • Coach
  • 504 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:05 PM

Thought Pryce was miles offside for his try, but glad it was given. It sets the donny game up nicely!
Posted Image

#18 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:20 PM

Anyone got footage of the game?

#19 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:42 AM

Thought Pryce was miles offside for his try, but glad it was given. It sets the donny game up nicely!

That might explain why the linesman stayed infield after the try was scored.

#20 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,662 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:58 AM

Decent attendance, but where did they all hide?

Sheffield were vastly superior in every department. In particular they were extremely well organised which I guess must be down to coaching - moved up together; defended together; slowed down the ptb just enough; quick ptb when in possession; sharp accurate passing etc. I wonder how we can reach that level - anyone know?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users