Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Sheffield Eagles Game.

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 muddyfunster

muddyfunster
  • Coach
  • 942 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:59 AM

Linesmen/referee never saw a forward pass all match - including the huge one for our second try.

We were up the top end and would perhaps agree GOR from what we could see, but that could be seen as justice for all those Sheffield got away with!

This plus the offsides, crossing etc etc...

I have to say I didn't think we had a BP in us and wouldn't even get close. After their 1st try our heads seemed to drop. Sure the noise the crowd made, especially re the decisions of the officials fired us up. Credit to the team as they never gave up. Thats hat eating time...!

Craven is a class act and fully deserved his score and MoM, hope we can retain him next year. Not always been Pryces biggest, (like others) but thought he did ok yesterday.

Were safe now and that means a lot especially as we did it on our own merit and not reliant on other results. Who knows a win against Donny and we might be enjoying playoff rugby for the first time in ages.    

Edited by muddyfunster, 19 August 2013 - 07:00 AM.

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/

name.png

#22 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,038 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:04 AM

We were up the top end and would perhaps agree GOR from what we could see, but that could be seen as justice for all those Sheffield got away with!

This plus the offsides, crossing etc etc...

I have to say I didn't think we had a BP in us and wouldn't even get close. After their 1st try our heads seemed to drop. Sure the noise the crowd made, especially re the decisions of the officials fired us up. Credit to the team as they never gave up. Thats hat eating time...!

Craven is a class act and fully deserved his score and MoM, hope we can retain him next year. Not always been Pryces biggest, (like others) but thought he did ok yesterday.

Were safe now and that means a lot especially as we did it on our own merit and not reliant on other results. Who knows a win against Donny and we might be enjoying playoff rugby for the first time in ages.    

Craven has signed up for next season.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#23 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:12 AM

A good half back pairing and forwards running onto the ball. Brown played well but some of hyde's passing was pedestrian although his kicking was better than in recent weeks. Hemmingway and Thakeray at half back and Brown at loose forward next season

#24 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:15 AM

I'm ate humble pie last night as pryce is playing well now.

#25 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:41 AM

Craven has signed up for next season.

Good news there then, he could easily have taken his bat and ball home after the way he has been messed about. First time this season he has been given enough space to do his job and all credit to KP for that - seems like he might be growing on the Rams faithful.

#26 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 769 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:31 AM

Decent attendance, but where did they all hide?

Sheffield were vastly superior in every department. In particular they were extremely well organised which I guess must be down to coaching - moved up together; defended together; slowed down the ptb just enough; quick ptb when in possession; sharp accurate passing etc. I wonder how we can reach that level - anyone know?

Building a squad over several years, and not releasing 15 players and signing 15 new ones every close season.

A small number of good signings in the right positions should see us improve next year. A big nasty prop. Another half-back. A centre in the James Ford / Mick Nanyn mould.

Edited by Tom Coates, 19 August 2013 - 09:31 AM.

#27 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:05 AM

Lets see who we can bring in playing in the world cup this year.

#28 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:08 AM

Prycey and craven actually formed quite a good partnership yesterday, and craven actually looked real good on the wing. Made afew good good breaks yesterday and pryce takes some stopping near that line. Glad both are staying next season and agree with tom post above. We look to be recruiting well for next season too! Hemingway Thackeray and haggerty sofar, another big prop, a good centre and an hooker and were sorted I reckon

#29 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:35 AM

Prycey and craven actually formed quite a good partnership yesterday, and craven actually looked real good on the wing. Made afew good good breaks yesterday and pryce takes some stopping near that line. Glad both are staying next season and agree with tom post above. We look to be recruiting well for next season too! Hemingway Thackeray and haggerty sofar, another big prop, a good centre and an hooker and were sorted I reckon

I will be surprised if Austin carries on for another season - too many injuries. That being the case we will need a decent winger.

#30 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:37 AM

We still need a lightning fast winger. Any ideas

#31 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,036 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:53 AM

Lets see who we can bring in playing in the world cup this year.

Are championship clubs only allowed one overseas player + how many from the South sea Islands? I pressume Ben Black is Batley's one overseas Aussie?

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#32 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:02 AM

We still need a lightning fast winger. Any ideas

Could do worse than give Chris Walker from the sharks a go - highly rated at one time.

#33 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,479 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:05 AM

Are championship clubs only allowed one overseas player + how many from the South sea Islands? I pressume Ben Black is Batley's one overseas Aussie?

Any number of Kolpak players.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#34 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,038 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:10 AM

Pryce hasn't yet signed for next season. He's still upset by the comments that he received from a number of "fans"  earlier this year so can't decide whether to sign again or not.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#35 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:34 AM

Well hopefully he will, he's improved a lot this last few month

#36 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:28 PM

What was the crowd yesterday 857 or 662?? Says 662 in the Sheffield telegraph but 857 everywhere else?? I'd say 662 looked more correct ??

#37 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:06 PM

I was one of the doubters but will admit he's proved me and so many others wrong. I hope he signs for next season!

#38 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:19 PM

Karl, if you ever read this forum, this is one fan who'd be very happy to see you in a Rams shirt next season. Top try scorer, probably leading play for assists and a few tris saved at full back as well, overall probably worth 25-30 tries this season.

Without you we would undoubtedly be in the relegation battle.

Edited by Wakefield Ram, 19 August 2013 - 04:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users