Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Liam Finn...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Mrbus

Mrbus
  • Coach
  • 756 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:05 PM

signed for Fax

#2 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,860 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:00 AM

Keep up mr B..... that one's been doing the rounds fo weeks...
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#3 Mrbus

Mrbus
  • Coach
  • 756 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:31 AM

Keep up mr B..... that one's been doing the rounds fo weeks...

sorry haven't been on your forum for ages

#4 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:55 AM

signed for Fax

To be fair didn't this rumour do the rounds this time last season too?. He's still got a year left on his contract I think so unless we don't want him I can't see him going anywhere.

#5 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:48 AM

To be fair didn't this rumour do the rounds this time last season too?. He's still got a year left on his contract I think so unless we don't want him I can't see him going anywhere.

Well Gaz if you can't see him going anywhere I'd wash your eyes out. The reasons you would sell a player under contract is 1) To get him off of the wage bill 2) To command a fee, however small. Liam is now 30 ish so it would be folly to keep him until is contract is up.

Having said that, in his second spell at Rovers he's been one of the stand out performers that has typified Rover's resurgence since 2010.

I wish him well for the rest of his career and it makes sense for me that he finishes it at his home town club, A club hat gave him one of his early breaks and a club that his late father played for.

#6 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:25 PM

Cannot see why Featherstone would get rid of one of there best players Most consistent player in the squad points machine and doesn't let the club down. Unless they are signing someone better it doesn't make sense to get rid

He also said on the radio he would only go if Featherstone Rovers didn't want him so we will see

#7 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,860 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:58 PM

Lots of stuff we don't yet know jt. Que Sera.
I reckon we'll be OK for afe backs next season. The only fly in t'ointment is the contract wrangling that now goes off with so much of the season left. U settling for club, player, coach and fans......

Edited by Robin Evans, 14 August 2013 - 02:59 PM.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#8 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:42 PM

Let's get that GF won. I'm sure that's all Liam will be thinking about right now
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users