Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Barrow vs Workington predictions

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:43 PM

York got a bonus point.
It's going to go down to the wire. But it's in our own hands.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#22 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,556 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:45 PM

well played barrow. dont think many town fans will be too bothered about losing to you today. cant see york or hunslet get another point so youll be safe and well send york down on thursday night.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#23 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:49 PM

Doncaster won at the death !
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#24 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:49 PM

donny won in last min 29-26 acording to bbc website

#25 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,563 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:19 PM

League Table is now

Sheffield      64points

Fev              61

Fax              56

Leigh           56

Batley          51

Donny         38

Dewsbury   36

Haven         36

Town          33

Keighley     31

BARROW   30

Hunslet      29

Swinton     28

York          25

Down to the wire it is but York seemed to be doomed.

Can somebody put on here the remaining games for York,Hunslet,Swinton & Keighley please.

Edited by Michael Ashton, 18 August 2013 - 04:31 PM.

Posted Image

#26 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:32 PM

Beat swinton and were guaranteed to survival

#27 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,556 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:33 PM

League Table is now
Sheffield 64points
Fev 61
Fax 56
Leigh 56
Batley 51
Donny 38
Dewsbury 36
Haven 36
Town 33
Keighley 31
BARROW 30
Hunslet 29
Swinton 28
York 25
Down to the wire it is but York seemed to be doomed.

Can somebody put on here the remaining games for York,Hunslet,Swinton & Keighley please.

town have 36points and are above haven.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#28 Gordie8

Gordie8
  • Players
  • 68 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:44 PM

Thursday 22nd August 2013

Kingstone Press Championship

Batley v Leigh 19:30   Dewsbury v Doncaster 19:30   Featherstone v Whitehaven 19:30   Keighley v Halifax 19:30   Sheffield v Hunslet 19:30   Swinton v Barrow 19:30   Workington v York 19:30  

Wednesday 28th August 2013

Doncaster v York 19:30   Featherstone v Sheffield 19:30  
Sunday 1st September 2013

Barrow v Keighley 15:00   Doncaster v Sheffield 15:00   Halifax v Workington 15:00   Hunslet v Featherstone 15:00   Leigh v Dewsbury 15:00   Whitehaven v Swinton 15:00   York v Batley 15:00

#29 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:58 PM

Can't see Hunslet winning but in this league you never know. Thursday will be tough !

Posted Image

#30 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,854 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:10 PM

Well done Barrow and I hope you can do as well on Thursday at Swinton. That is one massive game for both clubs but as Baaarrow says Hunslet will be very fortunate to pick up another point and if Town beat York on Thursday you should be safe as I can't see York beating Doncaster and Batley.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#31 alba

alba
  • Coach
  • 222 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:22 PM

Well done Barrow and I hope you can do as well on Thursday at Swinton. That is one massive game for both clubs but as Baaarrow says Hunslet will be very fortunate to pick up another point and if Town beat York on Thursday you should be safe as I can't see York beating Doncaster and Batley.

Thanks Keith, you should be proud of your lads, they've had to put their bodies on the line the last few weeks, far more than any team should have to. well done.

#32 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:37 PM

Great result for us and well played 1 to 17 also big up the Worky lads, they played their hearts out and pushed us all the way and the worky fans in great voice all the way thro.

Lee

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#33 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,563 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:00 PM

Totally agree Lee. I thought really good game for the non committed but game itself was spoilt for me because it was so important we won. My only gripe was that I thought that the ref allowed Town to run offside constantly and lie on at the tackle but maybe I was biased.

Must apologize Wonky. Forgot about Wednesdays result. Town have 36points and Keighley 32 points.

Posted Image

#34 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 557 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:24 PM

well played barrow. dont think many town fans will be too bothered about losing to you today. cant see york or hunslet get another point so youll be safe and well send york down on thursday night.

A lots gonna depend on how many leeds players are playing for hunslet on thurs night as they have no game this weekend same for you lot at town you could rest some of your injured players and bang in a few widnes boys against york who are knackered and wont can use DR with hull being in the final on sat

#35 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:49 PM

Dual reg will play a big part on Thursday! This isn't a dig but all 3 of workys tries were from Widnes players or ex Widnes player

#36 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:59 PM

I think the super league clubs will want to use this weekend to rest players leading upto the play offs so I don't think there will be anymore dual reg players used than on any other weekend.

Posted Image

#37 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:04 PM

Totally agree Lee. I thought really good game for the non committed but game itself was spoilt for me because it was so important we won. My only gripe was that I thought that the ref allowed Town to run offside constantly and lie on at the tackle but maybe I was biased.

Must apologize Wonky. Forgot about Wednesdays result. Town have 36points and Keighley 32 points.

Best team won but we probably deserved a bonus point, why we kicked on first tackle for your last try is beyond me !! Enjoyed my day out down there good craic with the barrow fans, but come on Michael Mr Bloom give us nowt all game and your lads were offside at virtually every play the ball... what a cheek !!!!

#38 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,563 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:11 PM

It was said on RC that the RFL would not insist on SL teams playing 3 games in 8 days. Gary Charlton said that some of his lads would be on late shift at work or early shift tomorrow. SL players can concentrate on RL full time.

Good post unicorn. I agree Town deserved a BP and I was baffled by the first tackle kick. On the subject of offside I guess it depends who you are supporting because you never notice your own side offside. Was it Jamie Bloom who was reffing. Didn't he play for Halifax.

I still think you were lying on at the tackle. LOL

Good luck in the play offs.

Edited by Michael Ashton, 18 August 2013 - 08:22 PM.

Posted Image

#39 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:25 PM

I actually thought the ref had a decent game....both sides were laying on and lying offside so he was consistent with letting it go either way.

I was hoping for one more Worky score to give you the BP as you deserved it

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#40 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:55 PM

Best team won but we probably deserved a bonus point, why we kicked on first tackle for your last try is beyond me !! Enjoyed my day out down there good craic with the barrow fans, but come on Michael Mr Bloom give us nowt all game and your lads were offside at virtually every play the ball... what a cheek !!!!

Every play the ball? I think that's a bit dramatic haha IMO ref wasn't too bad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users