Best team in your area

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 Gar

Gar
  • Coach
  • 118 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:30 PM

West hull even if they do pay players still a great club right from the bottom to the top

Is paying common in this league?

#22 samsung

samsung
  • Coach
  • 871 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:36 PM

Better than Bank Quay?

Got to be Crosfields! Look at all the teams they run now. They've had a couple of little "blips" just recently - but the strength they show is how they reacted to it! Didn't moan and complain and blame everyone else - and that speaks volumes!

#23 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:58 PM

You've have had a sheltered life or your claims to have read the OR and being involved with a NCL club are false.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#24 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:00 PM

Best team in Oldham ??

Got to be Oldham St Anne's best win lost ratio this year plus turned 2 teams out each week this year

I know we said open age only but got to say about youth section

We have teams from u7s to u18s that's 10 youth teams with 230 kids signed on playing rugby week in week out

Sorry went off topic but if you have something good why not shout about it

That's my idea of the best club, we done to all concerned.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#25 Gar

Gar
  • Coach
  • 118 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:13 PM

You've have had a sheltered life or your claims to have read the OR and being involved with a NCL club are false.

I have responded under a different thread as I didn't want to take this excellent thread off topic.

#26 jackknife

jackknife
  • Coach
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:52 PM

In York, acorn are the best team closely followed by acorn 2nd team then miles from them is heworth, new easrwick n lokos
COME ON THE CORN
CLASSY CAS 4EVA
Go Go Go York City Knights!

#27 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 9,049 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:21 PM

It's common in West Hull and has been for years.

rldfsignature.jpg

#28 Sandspine

Sandspine
  • Coach
  • 142 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:05 PM

well seeing as sharlston beat fryston in the national cup the other season (and yes i know it was abandoned) then yes. don't know about lock lane though, but i don't really class cas sides as wakefield.

Ye they did but was an even game, imo just in Frystons favour, untill they had a few sent off. Cas is in Wakefield district so would class them in same bracket. Would be a good game but think LL would edge it, got a very strong squad this year. Over last 5 years tho Sharlston have been the strongest in the area but are also the only ones to my knowledge who pay top dollar to their players and coaches.

#29 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:34 PM

Better than Bank Quay?

Just a question, you think Bank Quay are better? Woolston easily best in town, in my opinion of course

#30 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:36 PM

Got to be Crosfields! Look at all the teams they run now. They've had a couple of little "blips" just recently - but the strength they show is how they reacted to it! Didn't moan and complain and blame everyone else - and that speaks volumes!

Depends what you mean by best then I guess, but 1st team best them twice this season haven't they?

#31 Historical value

Historical value
  • Players
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:21 PM

So West hull, are at it again. Well done, but don't they understand, the meaning of ametuer. And if you do win, anything against a team, that is truly ametuer, then you have won nothing. Good luck the other 4 hull premiers,

#32 The master

The master
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:38 PM

Money talks clowns that's why wests are on fire

#33 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 490 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:59 PM

Depends what you mean by best then I guess, but 1st team best them twice this season haven't they?

Yeah depends on whether you mean teams or clubs

Crosfields Ladies are unbeaten in the league this year. So probably the best team in Warrington :)

#34 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:49 PM

Yeah depends on whether you mean teams or clubs

Crosfields Ladies are unbeaten in the league this year. So probably the best team in Warrington :)

Well run club at crosfields with plenty of teams all way through.

As far as best first team, Woolston, Crosfields, then Bank Quay?

Edited by jonnyg28, 18 August 2013 - 06:02 PM.

#35 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 490 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:18 PM

This season in Warrington. Fair assessment I think. Bank Quay struggling for the first time (ever) we'll have to see if they make a comeback

Woolston look to have missed out on promotion so if we get through the reelection we'll have that battle again next year for bragging rights

#36 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:16 PM

This season in Warrington. Fair assessment I think. Bank Quay struggling for the first time (ever) we'll have to see if they make a comeback

Woolston look to have missed out on promotion so if we get through the reelection we'll have that battle again next year for bragging rights

Will make a trip to them games next season then. Were they good games between the 2 this season?

#37 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 490 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:13 AM

Will make a trip to them games next season then. Were they good games between the 2 this season?

First one was desperately one sided for Woolston as they won 50-6.  Return game at Woolston was a much closer affair, Soap gave Woolston a lead and didn't recover enough..  Think there was a couple of scores in it in the end.  Next season I'm expecting more of the same close encounters

#38 Black Junior

Black Junior
  • Players
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:49 PM

First one was desperately one sided for Woolston as they won 50-6.  Return game at Woolston was a much closer affair, Soap gave Woolston a lead and didn't recover enough..  Think there was a couple of scores in it in the end.  Next season I'm expecting more of the same close encounters

can I ask - how is the Woolston team made up? Is it mainly Woolston or Wizzards lads from last year or is it a pretty even split? Also I see they have managed to attract a couple of decent lads from other local teams too

#39 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 490 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:59 PM

No idea on the split of Woolston/Wizards players wasn't that familiar with them. Noticed a few ex BQ players in the ranks though

#40 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:09 PM

can I ask - how is the Woolston team made up? Is it mainly Woolston or Wizzards lads from last year or is it a pretty even split? Also I see they have managed to attract a couple of decent lads from other local teams too

Signed 2 Bank Quay lads, one was only 4/5 weeks ago. Think the split is pretty even from both clubs, had lads leave from both sides as wasn't happy with merger.

The coaching staff are from Wizards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users