RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Doncaster

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:38 PM

17 26 at 1638

#22 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:51 PM

29 26...took an age to come through on sky and bbc.

hard luck lads

#23 weighman

weighman
  • Coach
  • 180 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:36 PM

It was hard luck as a Donny fan I have to say Swinton were the better side in the 2nd half.

The Dons nicked it very late on , but I suppose its an 80 minute game.

#24 dummy scissors

dummy scissors
  • Coach
  • 198 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:46 PM

That was a heartbreaker.  After a first half with Doncaster well on top and us defending reasonablywell but showing nothing on attack I feared we wouldn't get a bonus point.  The turn around in the second half was remarkable and credit to the team for putting on a tremendous fight back and putting us in a winning position.  Credit also to Doncaster for finding that last little bit of fuel in the tank and turning the match around again in the last five minutes. Their winning score was very well taken but a bitter pill for us Lions fans.

Edited by dummy scissors, 18 August 2013 - 05:48 PM.

#25 Spelly

Spelly
  • Coach
  • 1,779 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:25 PM

Gutted ain't the word!

The pass for their winning try looked iffy at best, and a Donny fan after the game admitted to me  that "It looked flat."

Other results went against us well, and we find ourselves second bottom with just two games left.

Barrow on Thursday is bigger than massive!

Spelly.

"--- and then on the eighth day, God created Rugby League."

Daily, my intense dislike of the Pinks, Rugby Yawnion, Manchester United, and far-right politics, grows ever larger, and will continue to do so forever more!

Question! What's the connection between Rugby League and Rugby Yawnion? Answer! There isn't one!

My girl-friend asked "If you had to choose between me and Swinton who would it be?" I replied "You know the answer to that one without even asking!"

#26 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:31 PM

Proud to say the least.
Talk about the best side loosing we were well and truely pick pocketed.
Tremendous effort from all the lads.

#27 donnytilidie1

donnytilidie1
  • Players
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:32 PM

Unlucky today you were by far the better team and wanted it more, re-produce that performance and I am sure you will escape the drop.  Unfortunately the DONS at the moment have a never give up attitude and I thought the pass for our winning try was forward but after seeing the video of it it was legal, 

#28 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 901 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:46 PM

I didn't think we were the better team over the 80 mins. We were woeful in the first 40 and only scored due to a piece of individual brilliance from Craig Harvey. We were excellent for 35 mins of the 2nd half and played some really good attacking rugby. Richie Hawkyard was great, yet again. Daz's try was pure quality and the Penny/R.Hawkyard link up was also sublime.

It's a disappointment after leading until the last 10 seconds but it is a massive point for us and could be crucial come the end of the season. Proud to be a a Lion tonight. Chins up, we've got a winning performance to put in on Thursday!

Also, Haven can't pick up a win right now for luck nor money, 6 points would see us safe.

#29 weighman

weighman
  • Coach
  • 180 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:52 PM

Have a look at the try on rlfans ! Think it was ok just.

#30 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:56 PM

I think three points will probably be enough!n

#31 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 901 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:20 PM

BTW, that's probably the best game we've been involved in all season for entertainment value. I thought Donny looked good in the 1st half. We probably played our best rugby all season in the 2nd half.

#32 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:35 PM

Nothing wrong with the final pass on the last try.....no complaints.

#33 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:39 PM

Their winning score was very well taken but a bitter pill for us Lions fans.

"Bitter pill"? Yes it certainly was, I was just gutted, I thought we had the 3 points in the bag with literally moments to go.

:tease:

#34 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:44 PM

IMO the Lions M-o-t-m was a close toss up between the great performances from Kevin Penny and Richie Hawkyard. The rest were simply heroic in their huge efforts.

:sungum:

#35 Robbyboy1974

Robbyboy1974
  • Coach
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:14 PM

Very hard luck today.   Second half you were brilliant,   hard to see how the hell you are in the bottom two,   although you looked like two different sides either side of the interval.     we were ok first half,  but our discipline today was poor, u definately rattled us.   good luck in your last two games.    if you want to see if the pass was forward, heres the link to the video.   im not trying to rub your noses in it, so hope you dont think i am.   

#36 wberry2013

wberry2013
  • Players
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:48 PM

I thought the last try was legal, however the penalty in the build up to one before, for pushing a player after cooks chip kick was the killer, neved a penalty!

But that said if we keep playing for only 40 mins we deserve nothing.

I think we can still do it but we must win on Thursday.

Ps, penny was outstanding today

Wayne

#37 gasman1

gasman1
  • Players
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:34 PM

Thought you were definitely unlucky not to come away with the win todays. We seemed overconfident, lacklustre in much of second half, and not ready for the battle. Swinton played really well, and thought Kevin penny was outstanding. Also still think last try final pass was forward. Good luck for rest of season, and hope you can stay up.

#38 class of 63

class of 63
  • Coach
  • 216 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:04 PM

Gutted - a word previously used on this post but must some up all of us that were there - a poor first half and then complete domination in the second half - until the last seconds - definitely in  my opinion the best team lost but that is rugby league.

But all is not lost we still can still stay up - 3 points on Thursday and other results go our way it will be down to the final game

#39 robt

robt
  • Coach
  • 686 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:35 AM

I thought the last try was legal, however the penalty in the build up to one before, for pushing a player after cooks chip kick was the killer, neved a penalty!

Its one of those decisions that you can see going either way. From where I was, the Lions player (can't remember who it was, and I've not got the game video to hand) moved towards Craig Fawcett who was chasing the kick. 

Rob Terrace - Matchday Photographer / Highlights 'editor', Doncaster RLFC.

#40 gasman1

gasman1
  • Players
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:53 AM

Was almost level with pass for try and looked well forward. Penalty for push on kick chase was right though. Your player pushed Fawcett as he went through on kick chase.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users