Town v Keighley match thread

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#81 Nero

Nero
  • Coach
  • 718 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:50 PM

Some folk are hard to please. I enjoyed a good defensive effort from both sides, which made scoring more satisfying. Well done everybody. Now lets try to stay in the top 8.

#82 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 993 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:08 PM

Just done me maths again and by next Thursday, Town will have played 7 games in 25 days ! again  well bloody done everyone one of you, may not be the most attractive play but am proud off you all, we have stayed up which was the main objective, we can look forward to next year and I am sure the board are looking for the next Wally Lewis and Peter Stirling to keep some people happy ;)  

#83 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:12 PM

...... And to think poor footballers sometimes have to play two games in a week.
  • PLD likes this
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#84 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:55 PM

Some people revell in being negative there's always far more posts after a bad performance than after a good one. I think the team, results wise, have faired a lot better than most realistic people anticipated this season and to secure our participation in the championship next season with 3 games to go has to be an achievement, even more so when you consider that even the bottom teams have bunched up and are all beating each other.
We have to be realistic as to where we are and look back to where we were a few year ago as if we were in that position all the complaints and negativity would be understandable.
Rome wasn't built in a day and its about improvement and sustainability rather than the boom and bust business model some clubs operate under.

Edited by GeordieTownie, 15 August 2013 - 05:58 PM.

#85 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:07 PM

Some people do seem to go to games just to be able to complain about it and revel in pessimism, its really rather odd. Other fans of certain teams go the other way and have absolutely no grasp on reality, as seen by 2 numpties believing shaven will beat Leigh away this weekend, I kid you not.

#86 ameliasdaddy

ameliasdaddy
  • Workington
  • 137 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:23 PM

Well I think this season has been a success, apart from being mathematically safe, I never believed we were in danger, we have a team to be proud of, yes they frustrate at times but isn't that part of the deal with town.

Onwards and upwards, massive well done boys.

#87 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:28 PM

This season was about staying in this league then building on that for next season so mission accomplished! The keighley local press say we won through capitalising on them losing two players through injury. Lucky us eh lol

#88 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:38 PM

They are right, we were lucky that we had the full 17 to pick from for the full 80. Oh wait...

#89 town blue

town blue
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:40 PM

Thoroughly desrved victory, last nights performance was solid and workman like. Hadn't realised towns injury plight until Charlos comments on radio. Disappointed about some comments from the terracing, where calderwood got the brunt of it, he deserves more repect.

#90 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:18 PM

I thought calderwood did well and was more alert than others at times

#91 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 696 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:48 PM

Calderwood is siht!! My asre falls out everytime the opposition kick to him.

#92 Bearintown

Bearintown
  • Coach
  • 321 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:10 PM

Calderwood can only be playing for comedy value surely?

#93 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:05 PM

Calderwood hasnt been bad every game he has had some good games however I would be suprised if we bring him back next season.

#94 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:12 PM

Jeering the lad is going to do nothing for his confidence - a confident mark calderwood can be an asset

#95 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:48 PM

Jeering the lad is going to do nothing for his confidence - a confident mark calderwood can be an asset

Agree 100%!!! 

Hang on has anyone ever said that to you on here TF10???  :P

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#96 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:10 PM

No -- but in most cases I seem to be proven correct :)

#97 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 879 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:12 PM

Calderwood against Whitehaven in the playoffs last season was terrific!!
He travels up from Leeds area and had a go he has 3 or 4 more games left in his pro career I say get behind him

#98 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 696 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:17 AM

He has been awful, we could of brought an amateur in on half the wage and who was alot safer on the ball. I think,maybe we could of seen a better side to Calderwood if we had got the ball out to him more often. But thats down to the way we play, we,in my opinion arent expansive enough but thats down to the coaches and the way they want the team to play.

#99 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:57 AM

First thing, how do you know how much he's getting paid and secondly he was playing well at the start of the season before his injury. Agree on the expansion tho

#100 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 696 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:33 AM

I dont know how much he is on but I bet he is on a fair bit... he had a good couple of games yea but for me he shouldnt be in the team.

Hope I get proved wrong in the last 3 games... :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users