Workington v Keighley

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,559 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:44 PM

Town winning 12-6 at H/T after being 6-0 down. They are now dominating the game.

Posted Image

#2 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:04 PM

18-6 now early 2nd half

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#3 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:27 PM

Worky winning 25-6 ... 10 mins left

Edited by morty, 14 August 2013 - 08:27 PM.

Lee Morton

#4 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:29 PM

25-12

Lee Morton

#5 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,559 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:30 PM

Keighley have 12 now Lee.

Sorry you beat me to it. You must be better on the keyboard than me

Edited by Michael Ashton, 14 August 2013 - 08:31 PM.

Posted Image

#6 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:36 PM

25-18

Lee Morton

#7 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:41 PM

FT 25-18 att 607

Lee Morton

#8 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,559 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:49 PM

That's a blow. Keighley have now 31 points and Town 36 points. Town are in top 8 and will be keyed up for Sunday but the commentary said they seem all in. Apart from Barrow on Sunday I think Town have another mid week game next week.

Here's to 3 points for Raiders on Sunday. I reckon it will be very close and Town will get a point.

Posted Image

#9 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,866 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:55 PM

That's a blow. Keighley have now 31 points and Town 36 points. Town are in top 8 and will be keyed up for Sunday but the commentary said they seem all in. Apart from Barrow on Sunday I think Town have another mid week game next week.

Here's to 3 points for Raiders on Sunday. I reckon it will be very close and Town will get a point.

Town only need 1 more point to be mathematically safe, so I'd settle for a BP on Sunday. A Barrow win by a close margin would be fine for both clubs.

All clubs have a midweek game next week - there's a full round of fixtures on Thursday night due to the Challenge Cup Final weekend.

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#10 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,984 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:56 PM

Keighly getting 4 points from 2 games up the coast has gotten them out of trouble really.

Games remaining are:

Barrow - Workington (h) Swinton (a) keighly (h)

Swinton - Doncaster (a) Barrow (h) Whitehaven (a)

York - Hunslet (h) Workington (a) Doncaster (a) Batley (h)

Hunslet - York (a) Sheffield (a) Featherstone (h)

It's going to be very close between us and these 3. 6 points will be enough I am sure.

#11 topladtownie

topladtownie
  • Coach
  • 771 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:14 PM

Keighly getting 4 points from 2 games up the coast has gotten them out of trouble really.

Games remaining are:

It's going to be very close between us and these 3. 6 points will be enough I am sure.

If you can stop Keighley getting a bonus point, they have two other tough games

in Fev and Halifax, so think they are not out of it yet.  Win your two home games

and you will be fine.

#12 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:59 AM

Games remaining are:

If Barrow can get to 30 or 31 points I can see them staying up.
Don't see Hunslet or York getting more than 29/30 points with their fixture list.
Barrow may beat Town on Sunday, but if not I expect it will be a BP at minimum and can then go to Swinton and get 3 points? Even a BP from all 3 remaining games may see you safe.

#13 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,476 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:05 AM

watching our lads yesterday you could tell the amount of games weve played recently is taking its toll on there bodies. we were shattered and to even get a bp from the raiders will be a great achievement. without last nights game i would have been very confident if another away win but i think youll sneak it by 12. good luck guys.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#14 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:08 AM

Cheers Wonky. It's vital the Barrow join Worky and Haven in next year's Championship !

Posted Image

#15 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:09 AM

Wonky as well as staying up I want you guys to finish above Haven...in fact I want you to finish 6th and them 7th so you play each other at Derwent Park in the playoffs ;)

Lee Morton

#16 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,559 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:18 AM

I'll second that Lee. Town are 6th now and ahead of Haven on points difference.

A 1 point victory over Town will do for me  apart from soaring blood pressure LOL

Posted Image

#17 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,811 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:03 PM

Wonky as well as staying up I want you guys to finish above Haven...in fact I want you to finish 6th and them 7th so you play each other at Derwent Park in the playoffs ;)

Sadly I can't see that happening lee as the form team at the moment are Doncaster and they have Swinton (H); Dewsbury (A); Sheffield (H) and York (H) to play yet and they are only a point behind us. So I think they will take the 6th place which would mean a trip to Batley or Doncaster for the 7th and 8th placed teams.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#18 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:47 PM

Sadly I can't see that happening lee as the form team at the moment are Doncaster and they have Swinton (H); Dewsbury (A); Sheffield (H) and York (H) to play yet and they are only a point behind us. So I think they will take the 6th place which would mean a trip to Batley or Doncaster for the 7th and 8th placed teams.

yeah Keith it was just a wish thats all ;)

Lee Morton

#19 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,984 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:26 PM

Isn't it only the top 6 in the play offs for the Championship?

#20 Raider94

Raider94
  • Coach
  • 303 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:44 PM

Isn't it only the top 6 in the play offs for the Championship?

Top 8 as its a 14 team league

Tom Heighton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users