Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

The Telegraph's favourite day of the year...

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,409 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:07 AM

...Fruity Thursday! The day when attractive female students receive their exam results.

Students who are ugly or male (or both) are awarded theirs in a separate ceremony in a darkened cellar, some time next week.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#2 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,000 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:31 AM

Pretty sure this wasn't an annual event in the past. Who cares?

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#3 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,054 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:40 AM

At least the Independent doesn't go in for that sort of thing

clearing2013.jpg

#4 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,409 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:58 AM

Pretty sure this wasn't an annual event in the past. Who cares?

Who cares? Sweaty-palmed Telegraph editors, that's who. ;) 

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#5 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 7,123 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:44 AM

...Fruity Thursday! The day when attractive female students receive their exam results.

Students who are ugly or male (or both) are awarded theirs in a separate ceremony in a darkened cellar, some time next week.

Some sort of welly fetish....or is this the new fashion...or perhaps they all just got As in A-level farming...

28m391z.jpg

#6 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,644 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:44 AM

At least the Independent doesn't go in for that sort of thing

clearing2013.jpg

And the daily Wail http://www.dailymail...home/index.html

In fact they all do it. You can a just imagine the hordes of sweaty handed middle age photo editors pouring over the photos today. Their best day of the years.
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#7 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,054 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:21 PM

not just photo editors, either!

#8 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:52 PM

Careful, this is how Gary Glitter got started.

#9 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,700 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:10 PM

BBC article also ridiculed this annual ritual. 10 things parents shouldn't say on finals day.

#10 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,076 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:01 PM

The main reason the highbrow papers like it is because they'll sell shedloads of extra papers with multi-page education sections to parents and sixthformers checking out all their options.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#11 Bostik Bailey

Bostik Bailey
  • Coach
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:06 PM

Is it my eyes or is the one second in from the right just wearing a shirt and nowt else?

#12 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,076 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:12 PM

Is it my eyes or is the one second in from the right just wearing a shirt and nowt else?

'... pupils at Tiffin Girls School in Kingston-Upon-Thames'

Somehow, I didn't think the Telegraph would be sending its reporters to a comprehensive school in Hartlepool.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#13 MikeW

MikeW
  • Coach
  • 814 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:34 AM

They probably use the young fit girls to prevent the kind of abuse I saw on Twitter because one of the girls in a picture was quite bonny.  Sad sad people out there behind their keyboards.

#14 Bostik Bailey

Bostik Bailey
  • Coach
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:34 AM

They probably use the young fit girls to prevent the kind of abuse I saw on Twitter because one of the girls in a picture was quite bonny. Sad sad people out there behind their keyboards.

Be careful with the term 'bonny' it has a completely opposite meaning in west than in the east

#15 MikeW

MikeW
  • Coach
  • 814 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:47 AM

Be careful with the term 'bonny' it has a completely opposite meaning in west than in the east

Oh right.  For clarity then, she was a young lady of the larger size.

#16 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,054 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:16 AM

Careful, this is how Gary Glitter got started.

I was in fact referring to those on here who had followed the posted link

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users