• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:03 PM

Score Updates.

Will be at the game so score updates when possible.

Edited by oldham13, 15 August 2013 - 04:03 PM.

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#2 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 955 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:41 PM

Come and introduce yourself to us Oldham13,you'll hear us singing

GIVE US A TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:46 PM

Half time Rochdale 13 oldham 12

Another poor ref

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#4 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:46 PM

Half time Rochdale 13 oldham 12

Another poor ref

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#5 OldhamGal

OldhamGal
  • Coach
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:31 PM

25 - 30 on 70 mins
Ain't it funny how you think you're gonna be OK
Till you remember things are never gonna be the same again?
Ain't it crazy how you think you've got your whole life planned
Just to find that it was never ever in your hands?

My Facebook :)

#6 Stevos Barber

Stevos Barber
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:51 PM

My first time listening on OCR down here in Yawnion country. Just had a quick dance round the room, Come on Skolars! And I've decided I shall listen to all the rest of the games on OCR those commentators are fab!!!! 

They did mention an Oldham fan displaying his body (lol) Having met some of you at Oxford I've got this strange feeling I know who it was!!!!

Were there any home fans there? Couldn't hear them. 

Come on you Yeds. If it has to be a Grand Final now is the time to win one.

#7 jpmc

jpmc
  • Coach
  • 550 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:08 PM

Good game to watch and well done the Roughyeds

#8 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:38 PM

Great game

Very proud of all the players and coaches

It is always good to win a derby

Edited by oldham13, 15 August 2013 - 08:39 PM.

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#9 rugbyman1

rugbyman1
  • Coach
  • 210 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:09 PM

Better than the weekend but still not enough sets completed and too many drop balls but good teamwork and enthusiasm but can do better. Oldham crowd where fantastic. I propose a bronze statue of Kev at the entrance to Whitebank. It'll keep the vandals away at least!

Special mention for that light heavyweight boxer Bloomfield. Well done lad, stood up to the barrage of abuse from Rochdale players and put them in their place and not a bad right hook.

One for all and all for the one

#10 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:52 PM

Oldham grab the derby win against the Rochdale.

What a great advert for rugby league in this division, with a crowd of 1107 of which the vast majority were oldham supporters. The noise from the stands gave the appearance that oldham had invaded Spotland.

Every player from 1 to 17 played with passion, commitment and power. It is difficult to pick out individuals from a good team display. Josh Crowley was my man of the match but the entire pack moved forward with pace and power. Phil Joy missed a few tackles early on, which allowed Dale to make some unnecceary yards.

The first half was tight with Rochdale making the early yards from some suspect tackling from Oldham. Two try's each at half time with Dale slotting over a drop goal on the half time hooter.

The first 20 mins of the second half belonged to Oldham, Dale had no response to Oldhams pace in the pack. Lewis Palfrey run the game in this period. Three very good try's and some excellent support play saw oldham extend the lead to 30 to 13. the cookie monsters tackle on the Rochdale forward was awesome, it left the player thinking he was at his grans for tea.

Dale relayed on the unusual kicking game and a very good 40 20 gave Dale a very good attacking position, thefollowing ten minutes belonged to Dale with two try's to bring the score to 30 to 25.

Rochdale were looking to wind up the Oldham players all game, one of the Rochdale players strangely decided to have a pop a Josh Crowley, silly boy! The person walking away from a frank exchange of views with Josh, is Josh.

Gaz Langley (Rochdale) clearly could cope with Bloomfield decision to join Oldham ha ha, after 70 mins of Langley niggling away at Bloomfirld both players were binned for fighting but Bloomfield managed to have the last laugh. Gaz "angry"Langley not quite sure about that tag.

The ref was poor (again)

Very exciting game and an excellent result.

Well played boys !!!

Edited by oldham13, 15 August 2013 - 10:00 PM.

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#11 chiefgeneral

chiefgeneral
  • Coach
  • 476 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:04 PM

Is there any highlights available for this game? I was working so couldnt stream it. Would love to watch it.

Tried youtube but nothing there yet

#12 DaveButt

DaveButt
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:06 PM

How pathetic can you get? This was a great game of rugby League and all most of you can talk about is Bloomfield’s thuggery. He should have been sin binned long before he was and then maybe the game wouldn't have turned out the way it did. Why he has to wind the opposition up I don't know because he is a good player without it. Believe me this is not sour grapes, the best team won, but have you ever seen such a pathetic performance from the officials as those three on display tonight. They were really dire for both sides. In the bar at the end of the game I asked one of the touch judges just what his role was in the game. Was he allowed to give forward passes, offside’s etc. and all he could do was shrug his shoulders and grin. Speaks volumes

#13 old bird

old bird
  • Players
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:39 AM

" with a crowd of 1107 of which the vast majority were oldham supporters. The noise from the stands gave the appearance that oldham had invaded Spotland. "

Can't believe an Oldham fan could write this after the apathy I saw last Sunday on my first game at whitebank

Got asked by owners & coaches of oldham rugby to back team by turning out and show support with big crowd

I turned out paid my £11 not best game I've watched to be truthful paid £2 at st.annes for better rugby entrainment

What I couldn't believe is the lack of fans in club after game even worst was lack of players & officials in bar afterwards was even more embarrassing only players I saw was away team

Thought I would wait for speeches from club & players but chairman or players never showed up

Now I know why fans don't stay if players / coaches & chairman can't be bothered to stay and mix with fans it's a two way thing give respect you will earn respect

#14 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:00 AM

I wrote that. What is wrong with that. Please explain your comments.

The crowd was majority oldham fans and the comment represented the level of noise and enjoyment of the game.

? ?

Edited by oldham13, 16 August 2013 - 06:01 AM.

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#15 oldhamer

oldhamer
  • Coach
  • 909 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:30 AM

Posh Bird if you didn't think that was entertaining, and was of similar standard of St Annes, Saddleworth etc, then you must of been watching a completely different game than me.

The pace of the first half was exceptional from both sides. Oldham being let off on two occasions by poor decision making by Hornets when they broke the line twice due to poor line speed, and shear acceleration of the Hornets player in question. Both teams went at it hammer and tongs for the full 80 minutes, and where a credit to the sport. It had everything, some great tries, tough, uncompromising defence, a bit of a biff and a close result that could of gone either way. What more would you want from a game of RL. It was a superb performance from both sides. Rochdales downfall was they struggled to defend their own try line, and that Oldhams line speed in defence cause Hornets to get penalised for crossing on three occasions, as they ran out of options.

The players/officials do not have to go in the bar afterwards, and that must be respected, but do 99% of the time. With it being a Thursday evening kick off,  the players would of had to have left work early, or had the afternoon off, only to drive home to either St Helens, Wigan etc and to go back to work Friday morning. Give them a little respect.

With regards to Dale Bloomfield, you will find that Gaz Langley was walking a closer line than him all game, and when they both was sin binned, it was the latter that attacked Bloomers off the ball. Look at the replay.

Edited by oldhamer, 16 August 2013 - 08:33 AM.

#16 higgy

higgy
  • 340 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:38 AM

" with a crowd of 1107 of which the vast majority were oldham supporters. The noise from the stands gave the appearance that oldham had invaded Spotland. "

Can't believe an Oldham fan could write this after the apathy I saw last Sunday on my first game at whitebank

Got asked by owners & coaches of oldham rugby to back team by turning out and show support with big crowd

I turned out paid my £11 not best game I've watched to be truthful paid £2 at st.annes for better rugby entrainment

What I couldn't believe is the lack of fans in club after game even worst was lack of players & officials in bar afterwards was even more embarrassing only players I saw was away team

Thought I would wait for speeches from club & players but chairman or players never showed up

Now I know why fans don't stay if players / coaches & chairman can't be bothered to stay and mix with fans it's a two way thing give respect you will earn respect

What is wrong with an Oldham fan writing that?

You must be a privledged person to be asked to attend the game by the owners ( you mean owner?) and the coaches (do you mean Scott and Spanner) especially for your FIRST GAME.

You are entitled to your thoughts  and I agree it wasn't the best game from our point of view, but you have to respect that the players and management were on a downer as well as the fans after the game and had no reason to celebrate the All Golds players did.

Obviously this being your first game you have not seen the effort and performances these lads have put in over the season, and if you are going to judge on one poor game ( by our standards) good luck.

You say you have seen better games at St Annes for £2 the only reason you have seen better games is because you have not supported the league leaders where are St Annes????

You comment on Oldham13's posting but the negativity in your posting after one GAME is beyond belief.

#17 higgy

higgy
  • 340 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:44 AM

Posh Bird if you didn't think that was entertaining, and was of similar standard of St Annes, Saddleworth etc, then you must of been watching a completely different game than me.

The pace of the first half was exceptional from both sides. Oldham being let off on two occasions by poor decision making by Hornets when they broke the line twice due to poor line speed, and shear acceleration of the Hornets player in question. Both teams went at it hammer and tongs for the full 80 minutes, and where a credit to the sport. It had everything, some great tries, tough, uncompromising defence, a bit of a biff and a close result that could of gone either way. What more would you want from a game of RL. It was a superb performance from both sides. Rochdales downfall was they struggled to defend their own try line, and that Oldhams line speed in defence cause Hornets to get penalised for crossing on three occasions, as they ran out of options.

The players/officials do not have to go in the bar afterwards, and that must be respected, but do 99% of the time. With it being a Thursday evening kick off,  the players would of had to have left work early, or had the afternoon off, only to drive home to either St Helens, Wigan etc and to go back to work Friday morning. Give them a little respect.

With regards to Dale Bloomfield, you will find that Gaz Langley was walking a closer line than him all game, and when they both was sin binned, it was the latter that attacked Bloomers off the ball. Look at the replay.

Oldhamer Posh Bird was making comments about the All Gold s game not last night. Doubt she even went last night.

and well said by the way.

Higgy

#18 roughyed34

roughyed34
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:51 AM

Great comments folks. What a game and amazing turnout from the Roughyeds fans, proud of our team.Bloomers is a legend Dave Butts hahaha, get that licked!! OTID

#19 DaveButt

DaveButt
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:32 AM

No doubt that Bloomfield is a good player that's why I cannot understand why he has to go into the tackle using his knees and forearm. Langley is no saint but there is only so many knees and forearms a player can take.

Anyway it was a great game of rugby league and a pity there had to be a loosing team, I think a draw would have been a fairer result.

It's interesting to see the comments about Howdumbers out singing the Hairnets. Howdumbers were contained mainly on the left of the Main stand and Hairnets on the right. We could clearly hear our fans singing but hardly a murmur from yours and I suppose that's how you saw your set doing.

Ah well never mind really enjoyed the night and the craic with you lot in the bar afterwards. To the oldish couple I was sat with outside just wondering how the chap is after his fall in the bar, hope he is ok now.

Allroughyed, what happened to the pint after the game, thought you would have come over to gloat. Afraid you may have had to buy me a pint.

Oh and finally whilst every club has an idiot the one Howdumber who thought it big to spit in the Wayne English's face as he came off should be banned from attending games. He was caught on cctv and certainly will not be allowed in Spotland again.

#20 higgy

higgy
  • 340 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:49 AM

No doubt that Bloomfield is a good player that's why I cannot understand why he has to go into the tackle using his knees and forearm. Langley is no saint but there is only so many knees and forearms a player can take.

Anyway it was a great game of rugby league and a pity there had to be a loosing team, I think a draw would have been a fairer result.

It's interesting to see the comments about Howdumbers out singing the Hairnets. Howdumbers were contained mainly on the left of the Main stand and Hairnets on the right. We could clearly hear our fans singing but hardly a murmur from yours and I suppose that's how you saw your set doing.

Ah well never mind really enjoyed the night and the craic with you lot in the bar afterwards. To the oldish couple I was sat with outside just wondering how the chap is after his fall in the bar, hope he is ok now.

Allroughyed, what happened to the pint after the game, thought you would have come over to gloat. Afraid you may have had to buy me a pint.

Oh and finally whilst every club has an idiot the one Howdumber who thought it big to spit in the Wayne English's face as he came off should be banned from attending games. He was caught on cctv and certainly will not be allowed in Spotland again.

Dave just a question who is in charge of the ball boys at Spotland?

When the handbags started flying in the second half and it spilt over the touch line, your trainer had to run down the line and literally pick one of them up and pull him out of the way because he did not attempt to move, he could have got really hurt in the crush?

Higgy

Edited by higgy, 16 August 2013 - 11:49 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users