discount tickets for LEIGH at home .

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 paulregan

paulregan
  • Facebook
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:54 PM

discount tickets available from THE MOUNT from MON 9am 12 noon for members with a friend also at TAPROOM 7 pm onwards. watch this space for more details over the weekend.

#2 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:27 PM

When you say 'members' do you mean season ticket holders?

And how much are they / whats the discount? Seems odd announcing when and where to buy them and then giving no details about the offer.

Edited by buford t justice, 15 August 2013 - 07:28 PM.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#3 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,958 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:56 PM

http://www.batleybul...leigh-promotion

#4 vitocorleone

vitocorleone
  • Coach
  • 679 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:43 PM

http://www.batleybul...leigh-promotion

Poor. Very poor.

#5 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:32 AM

All the friends with which I have regular social contact are Batley supporters, and I'd say the same probably counts for a large number of our fans. This offer doesn't really benefit anyone apart from current Batley fans who didn't bother buying a season ticket and who will simply tag along with a pal who did. All this is going to achieve is losing money on fans who would normally have happily paid full whack admission. If you can actually find a non-Batley supporting friend to attend with you, then you've got to go to the hassle of buying a ticket prior to the match. As Vito says, pretty poor.

Edited by TheTerminator, 16 August 2013 - 12:40 AM.

Posted Image

#6 paulregan

paulregan
  • Facebook
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:41 AM

apologies for the vagueness . the aim is to create abit of interest in the non believers . please near with me and the full details will be revealed later today ... after I v sweeped the west stand . (for near read bear,) . again apologies but it was a last gasp decision which missed the press deadline.

#7 paulregan

paulregan
  • Facebook
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:02 AM

the only way to increase gates is to convert the unconverted. any sensible ideas welcome at the supporters club meetings at the TAPROOM . next one 27 Aug 8 pm.

#8 paulregan

paulregan
  • Facebook
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:08 AM

ticket promotion for LEIGH . season ticket holders bring a new supporter for £10 ....concession£5 ...available mon 19 AUG 9am, till 12.00 at the mount . or for those who can't get up the hill there will be a representative in the TAPROOM 7 pm . Both venues manned Mon. TUES. WEDS at said times . Prepaid tickets only

#9 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,783 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:47 AM

All the friends with which I have regular social contact are Batley supporters, and I'd say the same probably counts for a large number of our fans. This offer doesn't really benefit anyone apart from current Batley fans who didn't bother buying a season ticket and who will simply tag along with a pal who did. All this is going to achieve is losing money on fans who would normally have happily paid full whack admission. If you can actually find a non-Batley supporting friend to attend with you, then you've got to go to the hassle of buying a ticket prior to the match. As Vito says, pretty poor.

I agree it seems that way but I think the club are between a rock and a hard place with this one. On our current crowds of around 500 (wow that's painful to type) I would imagine that actual cash would be  very small as most of those 500 would be season tickets. If they offered a bring a friend for free, it might not benefit them in the here and now when the club needs money.  I take your point about the 'friends' who may very well be supporters who would come anyway, but it's still at a third cheaper than normal with cash coming into the club so there is still an incentive to come.

I guess the onus is on season ticket holders to encourage some of those who are on the edge as it were.

I would have also  combined the ticket offer with some kind of in ground offer on the beer!

#10 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:49 PM

bit papola to be fair,so your looking after the so called fan who would a sat at home like he might a done for months until this offer as come up for the lucky person to go with his mate whos a season ticket owner. took a lot a working that one.  the incentive should a been to get some long term fans back who might a put a few seasons in already and fallen by the wayside not one game crowd boost that i cant see bringing more than and handfull of extra support. get some next season tickets on offer at a decent price soon as poss and include a couple a half price tickets to a couple a games for fans who aint been for a while and insist they bring there kids along too as they are the ones who need to get involved with the club along the way.

#11 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:58 PM

Agree with Silverback, we have to aim at getting the people wh used to watch Batley and who turned up in Blackpool. Don't ask me how and I commend the club for doing something, but this is our last regular home game of the 2013 season so would be nice to finish with a big crowd on Thursday night.

What about giving some discounted tickets to the Batley Nash to sell or doing a deal with a local taxi firm to pick-up and drop off at a discounted rate say a taxi and a ticket to the ground and back for £14 (within a range) to get some of the older supporters and them who fancy a couple of pints?

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like

expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#12 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 542 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:45 PM

Its not always just about the admition money when people come to games its also other revenue such as beer, food, programmes, draw tickets etc. + they may just want to come again if we play well.

anything is worth a try. No point with the local community never tried to flog a dead horse but ???? . See you all at Halifax on Sunday then with a possible win maybe some stay aways will return.  

#13 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,756 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:34 PM

I think all season tickets holders of every championship club should be allowed into any game free when your own club on that day isn't playing then if people do attend and buy something in the ground then club make something. I would happily come to teams near by when Fev were not playing and I would deffo come to Batley to watch This would also make the season ticket more value for money and hopefully more would buy them from there own club generating more money for there club

#14 paulregan

paulregan
  • Facebook
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:03 AM

we tried the nash . they don't want anything to do with us .

#15 ernieone

ernieone
  • Coach
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:43 AM

The nash do actually support the club with various players sponsorship deals and with advertising boards, with it being a club for members perhaps it would not have been the best place to sell tickets

"Batley Bulldogs, Championship final 2013" 

"The Great Escape 2014"

2015 ?

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

#16 paulregan

paulregan
  • Facebook
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:10 PM

somethings have happened recently . Bridges need to be rebuilt .

#17 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:56 PM

How about home and away season tickets for 2014 in the Championship at 1.5 times the normal cost for home only

#18 paulregan

paulregan
  • Facebook
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:44 AM

one of the better ideas..... would have to be put to other clubs though. But one of my aims in my role as supporters club chairman is to try and arrange a meeting with my counterparts at other clubs as to see how they do things and can we learn from them . If this ever happens I will bandy this idea and any more you guys come up with so keep em coming and lets try and keep our coach running to away games cos we r in danger of losing it if we can't get more numbers or a sponsor???????? .

#19 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:39 PM

There needs to be more publicity about the supporters club and what it could do for the fans and club

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like

expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#20 frank

frank
  • Coach
  • 777 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:08 AM

Is the Leigh game being televised?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users