Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Barrow Game

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#21 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:51 PM

Hope they do well on Sunday and looks like Pickgersgill out of favour still at Widnes.Think your team have enough decent frontrowers with big Cumbrian lads.

That's if there fit alot of them carrying knocks

#22 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:45 AM

Lots of good news reference the DR players, Craven is a bonus I hadn't considered, although if Pickersgill is fit we really should have supported our overworked forwards. The other good news, if needed, the Widnes lads could also be available for Thursday night with no Widnes game until September 1st.

#23 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,634 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:43 AM

i think town side will be briscoe,flynn,connor,hulme,carter,craven,forber,dowes,matty,shacks,stack,phillips,lupton.
subs, thacks,callum,morris,rooney.

i would be very surprised if coward,mossop,acton or olstrum played any part after wednesday night.

Edited by wonky, 17 August 2013 - 09:44 AM.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#24 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:23 AM

Mossop will play - its only a cut :)

#25 ameliasdaddy

ameliasdaddy
  • Workington
  • 137 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:38 AM

i think town side will be briscoe,flynn,connor,hulme,carter,craven,forber,dowes,matty,shacks,stack,phillips,lupton.

i would be very surprised if coward,mossop,acton or olstrum played any part after wednesday night.

Shacks is out for rest of season

#26 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:34 PM

Hulme will partner Flynn in the centre > I was told he played the last 10 mins on Wednesday at 6 ? did anyone else notice that

Edited by wonderofwood, 17 August 2013 - 01:36 PM.

#27 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,933 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:40 PM

Hulme will partner Flynn in the centre > I was told he played the last 10 mins on Wednesday at 6 ? did anyone else notice that

Players were all over the place in the last 10 minutes or so on Wednesday, so he could have played 6 or 13!!!!

Is Matty fit as he had a wrist injury to go with his already finger problem? Peter Lupton must be getting ready for a break and he has put a big shift in of late with his defence.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#28 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:59 PM

Don't think carter is playing tomorrow he has just put on twitter that he has wasted a free day tomorrow

#29 Oneday

Oneday
  • Coach
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:10 PM

Think Matty could probably do with a rest?

#30 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 865 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:29 PM

Scott I think if you re read twitter you will see carter Is playing and looking forward to it!! Up the town

#31 ameliasdaddy

ameliasdaddy
  • Workington
  • 137 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:21 PM

Scott I think if you re read twitter you will see carter Is playing and looking forward to it!! Up the town

That's how I read it, guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Town win by 6 points, we are well overdue a win down there. By my guess Ged stokes was in charge the last time we beat barrow away, hope they stay up though.

#32 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:53 PM

I must if read it wrong ha

#33 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,933 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:06 PM

That's how I read it, guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Town win by 6 points, we are well overdue a win down there. By my guess Ged stokes was in charge the last time we beat barrow away, hope they stay up though.

Town getting 10 points with Skybet!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#34 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:38 PM

Town getting 10 points with Skybet!!!

I see it much closer than that

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#35 kieran

kieran
  • Coach
  • 205 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:09 AM

Mossop, Acton, Coward, Olstrum and Callum are not playing tomorrow.

#36 Town Army

Town Army
  • Coach
  • 268 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:11 AM

Why no Mossop? Cut eye? Surely not

#37 Town Army

Town Army
  • Coach
  • 268 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:11 AM

Why no Mossop? Cut eye? Surely not

#38 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,634 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:15 AM

his eye will be badly swollen and it was quite a large cut if you seen the pics on twitter. why risk it?
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#39 ameliasdaddy

ameliasdaddy
  • Workington
  • 137 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:11 AM

my team would be

briscoe

flynn

rooney

hulme

calders

carter

craven

thacks

matty

dowes

phillips

stack

lupton

red

cotter

forber

conner

think we'll have our work cut out in the forwards with a light bench, but im not sure we have any other players fit.

Srill think town will nick it though.

#40 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 683 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:30 AM

Briscoe
Carter
Hulme
Connor
Flynn

Lupton