Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Barrow Game

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#81 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:34 PM

Thought Hulme was class and Brett Phillips was superb ... probably just shaved your mom...agree about Thacks tho needs more weight!

Thought Nicholson (our no 30) had a great game at stand off (hes a hooker really). But for me either Nathan Mossop or Ben Helliwell was Barrows MOM

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#82 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,992 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:18 PM

Gutted we didn't get at least a bonus today but fair play too barrow they took there won well today

As alwaysBKM is whinging about the bonus point system, complaining about 3 teams above them having won less games than Haven.... Well, obviously Woodsy doesn't think bonus points are all that important as they seem to give up after going 12 points behind!!!

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#83 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,931 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:42 PM

It's the same at this time every year. The bonus point has been in play for 5 seasons now but how difficult is it to realise that if you haven't got any then you must have been losing matches by more than 12 points? The answer is easy try not to get beat by more than 12. Simples (click).

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#84 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:47 PM

Gutted we didn't get at least a bonus today but fair play too barrow they took there won well today I thought Nathan mossop, Harrison and the full back were really good today, who got the man of the match award?
For us Brett Phillips was magnificent today,65 minutes we were in with a chance of winning but the epic 28 days took it tole on us!!
Hopefully give York a seeing too on Thursday and rest a few lads too and then relax and enjoy Halifax and build for next season!!
I'd love to see carter and briscoe and Hulme in our team next season

Widnes fan who posts regularly on here said right at the start Declan was a centre and boy was he right great individual try!!

Glad Declan had a good game and I watched him a few times in the Academy at centre.When played a couple of first team games on the wing he looked average.He runs direct and has good hands, and as I said before I hope gets his chance next year with Widnes.The dual registration has helped Adam Lawton already.

Edited by widnesrlfc, 18 August 2013 - 09:48 PM.

#85 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:00 PM

Hulme will end up playing further in-field -mark my words - Even his dad said he played okay today so he must have done something right to please that miserable get

#86 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:13 PM

Hulme will end up playing further in-field -mark my words - Even his dad said he played okay today so he must have done something right to please that miserable get

His dad thinks his best position will be looseforward but never seen him play in this position.Maybe in his amateur days mate and his dad is a nice bloke.He rates Grant Gore as a hooker but Unfortunanetly the lad is always injured.

#87 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 865 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:39 PM

Even with the guys returning from injury Thursday Hulme has played himself into the 17 for sure

#88 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:14 AM

Even with the guys returning from injury Thursday Hulme has played himself into the 17 for sure

4 games in 11 days can take its toll though - especailly  4 full 80mins - and his wee dad is always banging on about getting him getting a 9 on his back and showing what he can do with his hands :ph34r:

Edited by wonderofwood, 19 August 2013 - 05:17 AM.

#89 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:10 AM

Was it 4 tries they got from kicks in behind us and to the corners ? We don't deal with them very well do we.

#90 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,773 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:22 AM

Those are the kind of tries scored against a tiring defence in fairness, getting up the 10 then having to turn and chase is a killer to a knackered team.

#91 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 837 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:33 AM

We seem to leak a lot of try,s from kicks to the corner,most teams give it lots of hight and it,s a fifty fifty ball when it comes down,where we seem to put the kick in mutch flatter???.

#92 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:58 AM

the flatter kick worked twice for you yesterday tho !

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#93 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 683 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:08 PM

Was impressed by Mcavoy. Thought his defence was brilliant.
Hope he plays thurs,he deserves to be in the 17.

#94 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 837 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:30 PM

YE but the high kick worked for you, it,s looking at most games at derwent park and on telli most of the try,s are scored with the high kick to the corner

#95 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 837 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:36 PM

BE good to see if they give DAWSON a game as well on the wing instead of paddy,the lad seems to have plenty of pace and looks good in training????

#96 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:13 PM

And he might be able to catch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users