Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

home to sheffield

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 plug

plug
  • Coach
  • 290 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:57 AM

why don't the club make it free entry to season ticket holders of other clubs to try and swell the attendance because we all know sheffield will only fill a mini bus of supporters we won't be loseing out on money because they would'nt be comeing anyway and if they buy a few beers and someting to eat thats where we make money plus midweek game so won't clash with other game being played ??? just a thought

#2 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:14 PM

Because other clubs dont really take advantage of any offer as we found out last season with the £10 entry for ST holders - hardly made a difference to the away numbers and rather it was our own increased home support that swelled the overall increase in attendences rather than more away support

Plus i cant see barrow haven and worky fans travelling in numbers to fev on a weds night when they can sit at home and watch the game

#3 plug

plug
  • Coach
  • 290 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:59 PM

was'nt thinking about barrow workinton ext more like wakey leeds and even cas ??? i got a mate at work a cas fan bless him and he wants to come and not even a season ticket holder eather !!!! i know we tried it last season but this could be a title decider so why not try nothing to lose it as'nt cost us owt

#4 petesmithfan

petesmithfan
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:44 PM

Im with plug, nothing ventured nothing gained

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

#5 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:46 PM

well they are trying that if you have a membership it gets you a ticket for £10 for 1 non member, lets hope thats a success

Edited by elppaxr2i, 16 August 2013 - 09:47 PM.

#6 petesmithfan

petesmithfan
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:50 PM

Hope so, and it should cater to some.  I hope the nearer it gets we hype it a bit more, because it is as plug says a possible League decider.  Not many league games have genuine sales appeal to the neutural one of custromer

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

#7 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:10 PM

why don't the club make it free entry to season ticket holders of other clubs to try and swell the attendance because we all know sheffield will only fill a mini bus of supporters we won't be loseing out on money because they would'nt be comeing anyway and if they buy a few beers and someting to eat thats where we make money plus midweek game so won't clash with other game being played ??? just a thought

I tell you what, it would be great to let any season ticket holder in for nowt, knowing that they will be a voyeur for the night only and have no further interest in watching our club in the future, it will make doubly as sweet as I pay my 17 quid in that night having only watched us since 1974. I do wish some people would think first before spouting sheeeite.

Edited by Andrew Vause, 16 August 2013 - 10:24 PM.

#8 plug

plug
  • Coach
  • 290 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:48 PM

i'v been watching fev since 1970 and season ticket holder for a lot of them years i lost count of games i'v missed through hols and other factors so i'v payed my fee but if it gets more folk to a game that would't normally be there that fine with me

#9 Eagletarian

Eagletarian
  • Coach
  • 4,587 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:14 PM

The tory story even surfaces in Fev, tell it enough times and it becomes a truth......The real Sheffield Eagles fans can't afford taxies.....Coal and Steel were sold by the tories for midland and southern votes and overseas investment.....If only we could have Plugged it.......

Rugby League should be the opiate of the people (Marks not in Las Palmas)

Posted Image

#10 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,113 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:25 AM

The tory story even surfaces in Fev, tell it enough times and it becomes a truth......The real Sheffield Eagles fans can't afford taxies.....Coal and Steel were sold by the tories for midland and southern votes
and overseas investment.....If only we could have

Lets stick to RL. None of the politicians are any better than the others. As to free entry - no. Dangerous precedent and unfair to the paying speccie. Now cheaper beer to the season ticket holder would be a good marketing ploy. Lots come to the match and use local pubs instead of the Rovers bar.

#11 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:55 PM

The majority of clubs do not increase figures at a level to justify free entry to visitors. We are fortunate at Fev, having one of the best away support figures in the league. Even so, grasping clubs wish to charge us extra as per Hunslet. You simply cannot win.

#12 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,126 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:56 PM

So Colin, how would the cheaper beer for season ticket holders work, how would you police it, an I wouldn't be happy as I don't drink the stuff!!!!
Im Fev and im proud

#13 Eagletarian

Eagletarian
  • Coach
  • 4,587 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:50 PM

I now believe I have found the man who watered the workers beer, I've been looking for you a long time, others have gone before you, they are known as the Blairwitch project......

Rugby League should be the opiate of the people (Marks not in Las Palmas)

Posted Image

#14 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:54 PM

It's a good initiative that fell on stoney ground last year because other clubs weren't willing to partake. They didn't mind their season ticket holders getting in cheap to Rovers' games, but they didn't want to let us in as neutrals to their home games.
I think it would be good for the game if neutral season ticket holders could get cheaper entry everywhere. I'm sure that many Rovers' fans would like to watch the eliminators between such as Fax and Batley if we weren't playing at the same time. It would bring in extra cash to the turnstiles, give neutral supporters a small bonus, and make next years season tickets more attractive. But all clubs need to comply!

#15 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,504 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:54 AM

I tell you what, it would be great to let any season ticket holder in for nowt, knowing that they will be a voyeur for the night only and have no further interest in watching our club in the future, it will make doubly as sweet as I pay my 17 quid in that night having only watched us since 1974. I do wish some people would think first before spouting sheeeite.

150% agree with this.

Why give a present to everyone EXCEPT your own supporters?

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users