Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

congrats to the Rfl

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 316 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:01 PM

so as the dust settles on a great win in a topsy turvy derby i just want to mention the Rfl and what a complete farce they have made of the title race with us finishing two weeks before crusaders and if we end up in the playoffs its four weeks without a game now. Whatever will be will be now, well done to the team and the travelling support last nite. OTID proud to be a roughyed

#2 Ex-scrumhalf

Ex-scrumhalf
  • Coach
  • 108 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:53 PM

As it seems likely that we will be in the nervous playoffs again does anyone know the format? Someone told me the old style playoffs no longer exist and there is a completely new format. 

#3 roughyed34

roughyed34
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:57 PM

There you go mate. Play offs in all their glory :)

Week 1

3rd-placed club v 4th-placed club (Match A)

5th-placed club v 6th-placed club (Match B.)

(2nd-placed club have a bye to Week 2)

Week 2

2nd-placed team v Winner Match A (winner to Play-off final, loser at home in Week 3) (Match C)

Losing team Match A v Winning team match B (loser eliminated) (Match D)

Week 3

Losing team Match C v Winner Match D (winner to Play-off final, loser eliminated) (Match E)

Week 4

Kingstone Press Championship One play-off final: Winner Match C v Winner Match E

Edited by roughyed34, 17 August 2013 - 08:59 PM.

#4 Pedro

Pedro
  • Players
  • 86 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:20 PM

This is more complicated than Duckworth-Lewis method in cricket.

I'm old fashioned and believe that the top two clubs in the league have earned the right to promotion by their performance over the season. Being a Hornets supporter it sticks in my throat to say this but if Oldham finish second then they should be promoted.  I suppose the rationale is that more clubs have something to play for at the end of the season.

#5 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 316 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:41 PM

And dont forget the home team in the playoffs pay half the travel costs of the away team that in itself is a joke

#6 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 565 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:47 PM

Thought it was 3rd v6th ans 4th v 5th?

#7 Logic

Logic
  • Coach
  • 328 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:33 PM

Thought it was 3rd v6th ans 4th v 5th?

No, the format outlined by 'roughyed34' is definitely correct.

#8 Ex-scrumhalf

Ex-scrumhalf
  • Coach
  • 108 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:53 PM

Thanks for the information. Crikey it's more complicated than the EU Treaty. :sclerosis:

Edited by Ex-scrumhalf, 17 August 2013 - 11:53 PM.

#9 PhilCarrington

PhilCarrington
  • Coach
  • 209 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:58 PM

Other than being 2nd to 6th its the same as the old top 5 format that Super League had at the start and the Aussies had for decades.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users