Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Dyeing Your Hair

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#41 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,690 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:23 AM

It's true.

I've been rejected by some of the ugliest women in Yorkshire.

And that was only last weekend.

Keep out of Rawcliffe

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#42 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,606 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:38 AM

Why? Is it crawling with them?

Anyway, I wouldn't be taking any liberties. Those South Yorkshire birds are rock hard.

;) :tongue:

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#43 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,606 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:43 AM

If you want to stay looking younger than you are eat healthily, don't smoke, don't drink to excess and do plenty of exercise.

I'm 59. One out of three ain't too bad.

:tongue:

#44 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,659 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:35 AM

The best way to look young is to hang around with old people. That's why I post on here .

#45 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,694 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:05 AM

I've got a decent amount of grey hair and I'd never dye the stuff, quite happy with it really. It's far more noticeable when I get a quite short haircut. The only thing that's getting very noticeable is the once dark beard turning more white than dark.

We had one guy at one place I worked one day come in with very grey hair after years of seeing him with dark brown, he finally gave up and rinsed it through. Strangely enough, he looked younger with the grey hair than brown...

Now, if you were a lecturer at a university and you had a new intake due in in a few weeks time then you may be considering anything that makes you look like less of a dirty old man when letching at the young ladies.

:P young people don't have a clue when it comes to guessing how old you are. Last year my students said they were having a guess my age sweepstake. None of them got close and the majority thought I was in my mid 20s :D

My problem is that my grey consists of a big streak at the front as opposed to the more classy even spread. Not a good look.
Fides invicta triumphat

#46 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:19 AM

I don't look my age (or act it lol) its just more a case that I don't want grey hair, especially as it has crept up so quickly. Probably stress of life and shirt going on but still. ...

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#47 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:30 AM

Try a semi permanent, some wash out in 6 weeks,  although experience says much less, depending on how frequently you wash your hair. 

Select a shade one lighter than your normal colour then you will get a more natural look as the grey area gives you light tones, if you don't like it you don't have to wait for it to grow out.

#48 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 12:42 PM

Try a semi permanent, some wash out in 6 weeks, although experience says much less, depending on how frequently you wash your hair.

Select a shade one lighter than your normal colour then you will get a more natural look as the grey area gives you light tones, if you don't like it you don't have to wait for it to grow out.

Thanks. You sound like something of an expert ;)

#49 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:37 PM

I've been both thinning and greying since my late 20s. At 36 I'm now fairly thin up top but they greying hasn't increased anywhere near as much. I started to shave my hair myself at about 28 and have been doing ever since, so little point trying to dye it really in my situation as all I'd be doing is painting my scalp. :lol:

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#50 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,096 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:57 PM

No.

Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#51 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:45 PM

Is it acceptable?
I have been invaded by grey hair in the last year or two and am seriously thinking of breaking out the Grecian 2000 or whatever.
My other half reckons it looks ok on men but it just makes me feel old. So.....is it allowable?

Get a life!  :tongue: Just like those who brush their hair from the side or wear a wig. I've lost most of my hair, turned grey but don't give a sod. 

visit www.raygent.co.uk for football and rugby league stories. 

#52 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:49 PM

Red Willow sounds creepy.

#53 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:56 PM

Get a life!  :tongue: Just like those who brush their hair from the side or wear a wig. I've lost most of my hair, turned grey but don't give a sod.

You see, this is why me and Severus leave the TRL disco with a couple of chicks each and you are stuck talking to Wolford and John M about insurance policies or some such gubbins. No offence like. :)

#54 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:58 PM

No.

Like anyone from Leeds knows anything. :P

#55 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 17,939 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:05 PM

The only excuse for dyeing your hair is for charity, except for women then they have a million excuses.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#56 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,606 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:32 PM

Red Willow sounds creepy.

Red Willow is a lady.

#57 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,663 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:04 AM

What if you've lost your hair?

Go and look for it, then dye it if you find it.

The best way to look young is to hang around with old people. That's why I post on here .

How sweet of you John, thinking of other people all the time.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#58 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,236 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:48 AM

Look its just wrong.
What's the matter with the men of today? Yesterday I saw two blokes in their 20's READING birthday cards in Tesco!
I pointed out to them that they should NEVER read the cards, just get the cheapest. When the recipient asks " did you read this before you bought it" just look blank and quietly say " I didn't read it as it wasn't addressed to me".
Before anyone try's to make out I'm just a misogynmist I would like to point out that I have the deepest respect for women. My Wife or example is much cleverer than me. In her kitchen she has all sorts of big white gadgets that do things that click and whir and make spinning noises etc. She also has a thing that looks a bit like those hover mowers that I see blokes pushing on their lawns when I'm off to the pub. The wife's one works inside the house and she pushes it on the carpet, it doesn't cut the carpet though, it just sort of sucks up the dust. Clever eh?

Edited by bearman, 18 August 2013 - 10:49 AM.

Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#59 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:22 AM

Bearman is clearly a sexist old so and do. He has no idea what modern crumpet like in today's hip and trendy young man.

#60 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,236 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:12 PM

Bearman is clearly a sexist old so and do. He has no idea what modern crumpet like in today's hip and trendy young man.

Correct and thank you.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users