• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#1 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,782 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:47 PM

NEW CLUB APPLICATIONS

Halton Moor  (new Open Age team) & East Leeds accepted into league.

Dudley Hill rejected on the grounds they are not members of BARLA or Bradford ARL + outstanding fines owed to Bradford ARL.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#2 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:03 PM

What a massive own goal for the Pennines League !!!!!!!!!!!
They should have put politics to one side and asked Dudley Hill to conform to the criteria and welcomed them back to the fold .
Dudley Hill were a front running club for the switch to summer a great opportunity missed , and again the people what matter the most the players are the ones who suffer .

#3 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,030 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:39 PM

They should have snatched Dudley Hill's hand off, it would have been a real kick in Summer's nuts.  

I don't believe in reincarnation but I did in a previous life

#4 The 4 of Us

The 4 of Us
  • Coach
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:49 PM

What a massive own goal for the Pennines League !!!!!!!!!!!
They should have put politics to one side and asked Dudley Hill to conform to the criteria and welcomed them back to the fold .
Dudley Hill were a front running club for the switch to summer a great opportunity missed , and again the people what matter the most the players are the ones who suffer .

Exactly. They could have offered a hand instead they've shown their true colours. What chance any other team that dared look elsewhere. A bad tactical decision and if the head of Pennine League/Barla is involved she needs to look in the mirror.

#5 nec

nec
  • Coach
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:12 PM

They should have snatched Dudley Hill's hand off, it would have been a real kick in Summer's nuts.

Good to see you are all wanting the best for rugby league, with friends like this we don't need enemies.
Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

#6 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:50 PM

Good to see you are all wanting the best for rugby league, with friends like this we don't need enemies.

I do want want is best for RL Nec , but you have to admit playing the RFL at their own game this would have been a coup for the traditionalists instead now who wins certainly not the players at Dudley Hill .

#7 carlos

carlos
  • Coach
  • 420 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 12:46 AM

I wish they would let them in as its unfair at the moment with half the teams in bradford simply take Dudley hill players for half a season to boost there results. Bowling boosted there performance adding Nathan kitson , who btw had signed for birkenshaw for £150 a game!!!! Wibsey added simon Sewell , jamie brently and Neil wall to their side to help them out.

#8 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,782 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:07 AM

Did Dudley Hill refuse to pay their debts to the Bradford ARL? Did they refuse to pay their BARLA fee's ?

I'd like to know both of these facts before I make judgement, If they did then I also think it's a bad move, but if they didn't and they refused well they didn't the Pennine committee didn't have much option.

Edited by Marauder, 17 August 2013 - 01:10 AM.

#9 Nev V Dawn

Nev V Dawn
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:19 AM

NEW CLUB APPLICATIONS

Halton Moor  (new Open Age team) & East Leeds accepted into league.

Dudley Hill rejected on the grounds they are not members of BARLA or Bradford ARL + outstanding fines owed to Bradford ARL.

Pennine ARL must have rules which debarred Dudley Hill from entering the league, however surely the Pennine ARL management could have advised that they meet the criteria - ie: pay any outstanding monies owed and seek the necessary  membership to gain admission.

Given that Messrs Gent and Harland are both active members of the Dudley Hill club I wonder whether they were part of the decision to seek admission to a league operating in a dreaded traditional season. If not then beware as the heads will roll for what seems an embarrassing rejection by a non RFL licenced league, 

Edited by Nev V Dawn, 17 August 2013 - 07:34 AM.

#10 Nev V Dawn

Nev V Dawn
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:25 AM

I wish they would let them in as its unfair at the moment with half the teams in bradford simply take Dudley hill players for half a season to boost there results. Bowling boosted there performance adding Nathan kitson , who btw had signed for birkenshaw for £150 a game!!!! Wibsey added simon Sewell , jamie brently and Neil wall to their side to help them out.

Maybe these players were just returning to their original clubs or simply looking for better standards. And if Dudley Hill players are responsible for helping sevral other clubs to success, how come they are at present languishing mid table in NCL division one instead of topping the premier pile.

Edited by Nev V Dawn, 17 August 2013 - 07:36 AM.

#11 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,529 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:48 AM

Why would this even be a thought that would cross any administrator's mind?

Why are there so many small minded people in rugby league? This is too pathetic for words. I'm seriously flabbergasted.

#12 Gar

Gar
  • Coach
  • 118 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:09 AM

Why would this even be a thought that would cross any administrator's mind?
Why are there so many small minded people in rugby league? This is too pathetic for words. I'm seriously flabbergasted.

I can't help but agree. It's blindingly obvious that there are people involved with certain clubs and leagues who's sole focus seems to be to undermine the summer season. Had they put even half of the energy and drive into making the switch work as they have to trying to ensure it doesn't the game would be in a much healthier state. From one or two examples on here it also looks as though the most vocal critic's of the summer set up are involved with clubs who haven't exactly progressed and set the RL world alight. Had they put a bit more focus into improving the set up and facilities at their own clubs it may well have benefited their members more. Disgraceful.

Not to mention encouraging the turning of a blind eye......when it suits...........

#13 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,529 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:20 AM

Summer? Winter? Really couldn't care less. But it seems there are some pretty pathetic people involved with rugby league which probably explains why such a terrific sport is still so marginalised.

Very sad.

#14 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,030 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:57 AM

Oh dear, someone has an opinion and it upsets you.   You need to appreciate that what you think is best for RL is also only opinion.

I don't believe in reincarnation but I did in a previous life

#15 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,782 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:03 AM

I think you'll find that the rules/laws that forced the Pennine to refuse Dudley Hill are also in the RFL Operational rules.

At this moment we don't know if the club and league have had any consultation over the matter, I'd have personally welcomed them into the Pennine but laws/rules need to be adhered to, after all this is what made the NCL £ Pennine such strong competitions.

#16 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,529 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:06 AM

Oh dear, someone has an opinion and it upsets you. You need to appreciate that what you think is best for RL is also only opinion.

It's nothing to do with having an opinion. I'm ambivalent about the whole (incredibly dull) winter v summer debate, from where I'm sitting clubs have two viable options and it's purely a matter of choice.

What sickens me is to see people who purport to be 'supporters' of the game behaving in a petty, small minded and, frankly, pathetic way.

"A plague on both your houses."

#17 Nev V Dawn

Nev V Dawn
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:08 AM

I can't help but agree. It's blindingly obvious that there are people involved with certain clubs and leagues who's sole focus seems to be to undermine the summer season. Had they put even half of the energy and drive into making the switch work as they have to trying to ensure it doesn't the game would be in a much healthier state. From one or two examples on here it also looks as though the most vocal critic's of the summer set up are involved with clubs who haven't exactly progressed and set the RL world alight. Had they put a bit more focus into improving the set up and facilities at their own clubs it may well have benefited their members more. Disgraceful.

Not to mention encouraging the turning of a blind eye......when it suits...........

There you go again Gar, blind eye here, blind eye there. Just because the Dudley Hill club didn't meet the standard/criteria of a particular league you are quite happy to ignore this fact to let them play.

There must be a fundemental need for rules or why would the RFL have generated 32 pages of proposed operational rules.

#18 Nev V Dawn

Nev V Dawn
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:15 AM

It's nothing to do with having an opinion. I'm ambivalent about the whole (incredibly dull) winter v summer debate, from where I'm sitting clubs have two viable options and it's purely a matter of choice.

What sickens me is to see people who purport to be 'supporters' of the game behaving in a petty, small minded and, frankly, pathetic way.

"A plague on both your houses."

The issue here is that a particular league refused a particular club entry to their league simply because the club didn't meet the standard/criteria needed.

Edited by Nev V Dawn, 17 August 2013 - 09:16 AM.

#19 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,529 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:16 AM

FFS! Give over the lot of you, it's pathetic!

If you want winter rugby league join a club that plays in a winter league, if you prefer summer join an RFL league.

This supposed debate is, quite frankly, pathetic and reflects badly on everyone concerned.

Time to grow up, move on, be happy with your own choices and accept other people's choices.

Is that so hard?

#20 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,529 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:17 AM

The issue here is that a particular league refused a particular club entry to their league simply because the club didn't meet the standard/criteria needed.

So why is this thread being used as yet another excuse to engage in a juvenile circular 'debate' about winter/summer?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users