Interesting excerpt from the Pennine ARL minutes

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#41 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,767 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:09 PM

Its relevant because you make statements that cant be verified, its easy to say everything is great and rosy in your garden without any substance to back it up .

#42 carlos

carlos
  • Coach
  • 420 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:14 PM

I thought that Neil Wall deserved to be the man of the match at the BARLA National Cup Final. He put in a great knock against hot favourites Sharlston Rovers, that almost gave Wibsey the game - great player.

Hence my point! Dudley hill player almost gave them the game!!!

Edited by carlos, 17 August 2013 - 08:14 PM.

#43 Gar

Gar
  • Coach
  • 118 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:16 PM

Its relevant because you make statements that cant be verified, its easy to say everything is great and rosy in your garden without any substance to back it up .

I'm happy to let individual forum members attached whatever weight they think appropriate to my postings.

#44 Stew R

Stew R
  • Coach
  • 211 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:17 PM

Even if he was to say which clubs he was involved in how and why would you want to disprove this.
Why not simply ask what positive moves they've made to make it happen.
By asking the question and making this statement you provided a fine example of the negativity that is so frustrating for many of us involved in the great sport
"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

"The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor."

#45 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,767 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:50 PM

You obviously don't know me but don't let that get in the way of things .
I simply ask our friendGar to back up with fact the progress his alledged clubs have made then we can ascertain if he can be taken seriously .

And the reason I don't ask for any example is I know he can't give one .

I administer for some very pro active clubs in the north west and nearly all are experiencing a drop off in numbers and are having to cancell games more in these months than others fact . And I have backed this info up to our governing body the RFL .

For the first time ever clubs are cancelling festivals due to lack of interest and shortage of numbers and this is the lifeblood to some of our clubs sorry for being negative as you put it just purely telling it as it .

#46 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,767 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:07 PM

I'm happy to let individual forum members attached whatever weight they think appropriate to my postings.

Fruit bat

#47 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,031 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:51 PM

But why won't you make your claims valid by naming the club(s) that has increased either player numbers or income due to the switch to Summer?

I don't believe in reincarnation but I did in a previous life

#48 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,533 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:10 AM

Redacted.

Edited by Pottsy, 18 August 2013 - 09:12 AM.

#49 Li0nhead

Li0nhead
  • Coach
  • 751 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:24 AM

Hey, we'll done, morons, you're killing rugby league.

Seriously, well done. You should be very proud.

Your right, if the morons just paid their fines then they could join the league......

#50 Stew R

Stew R
  • Coach
  • 211 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:28 AM

Edit

Edited by Stew R, 18 August 2013 - 06:31 AM.

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

"The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor."

#51 Stew R

Stew R
  • Coach
  • 211 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:30 AM

Fruit bat

Why not just do as he says and attach whatever weight you think appropriate (clearly very little) to his postings rather than going with a slightly childish insult?

And Li0nhead, I think this is the part of the thread that Pottsy was referring to not the initial discussion regarding fines and rules. (I may be wrong) 

#52 Nev V Dawn

Nev V Dawn
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:09 AM

Why not just do as he says and attach whatever weight you think appropriate (clearly very little) to his postings rather than going with a slightly childish insult?

And Li0nhead, I think this is the part of the thread that Pottsy was referring to not the initial discussion regarding fines and rules. (I may be wrong) 

I would think that everybody knew what Pottsy referred to, but Li0nhead just used the ironic value to refer to Dudley Hill owing various monies.

And it's true, if every team simply chose not to comply with rule/regulations and move on to another league - as has happened with quite a few, just look at Northwest ARL - then the game would be in turmoil. Oh hang on a minute we've arrived that stage already.

#53 Gar

Gar
  • Coach
  • 118 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:46 AM

I don't think it takes a genius to work out who at least one club involved. Most of my knowledge is taken directly from their website. Have a look it's very informative. The rest is what committee members and players tell me. I haven't named the clubs because I don't want to appear to talk on their behalf as I don't have that authority . Nevertheless it doesn't change the fact that everything I have said is the truth.

#54 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,767 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:17 AM

It's banter mate , wind your neck in .
I think most people have now drawn the right conclusion on our web friend .

#55 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,767 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:19 AM

I don't think it takes a genius to work out who at least one club involved. Most of my knowledge is taken directly from their website. Have a look it's very informative. The rest is what committee members and players tell me. I haven't named the clubs because I don't want to appear to talk on their behalf as I don't have that authority . Nevertheless it doesn't change the fact that everything I have said is the truth.

We have a saying in Lancashire " you can't put something were there is nothing "

#56 Gar

Gar
  • Coach
  • 118 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:22 AM

We have a saying in Yorkshire 'there's nowt so queer as folk'

#57 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,533 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:30 AM

And Li0nhead, I think this is the part of the thread that Pottsy was referring to not the initial discussion regarding fines and rules. (I jmay be wrong)

Correct, although I'll avoid posting under the influence in future!

I do get sick of the petty, small-minded people the 'rugby league family' seems to attract though.

People moan about rugby union etc but rugby league's biggest enemy has always been itself (or at least some of the people it attracts).

There needn't even be a winter/summer debate other than within individual clubs. The way I see it, clubs now have two very distinct choices and it's up to them to decide which of them fits their needs.

The truth is summer rugby might suit some clubs more than others but it's down to individual clubs to make the choice and for everyone else to grow up and butt out.

Edited by Pottsy, 18 August 2013 - 09:31 AM.

#58 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,533 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:35 AM

Ps, back on topic, if those are the Pennine League then it's absolutely right that they apply them consistently. Discretion is always important but as soon as you start picking and choosing when to apply the rules you're screwed.

#59 Gar

Gar
  • Coach
  • 118 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:35 AM

Or they can do both.

(play winter and summer that is)

Edited by Gar, 18 August 2013 - 11:37 AM.

#60 nec

nec
  • Coach
  • 2,339 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:51 AM

Correct, although I'll avoid posting under the influence in future!

I do get sick of the petty, small-minded people the 'rugby league family' seems to attract though.

People moan about rugby union etc but rugby league's biggest enemy has always been itself (or at least some of the people it attracts).

There needn't even be a winter/summer debate other than within individual clubs. The way I see it, clubs now have two very distinct choices and it's up to them to decide which of them fits their needs.

The truth is summer rugby might suit some clubs more than others but it's down to individual clubs to make the choice and for everyone else to grow up and butt out.

I guess all clubs will lose some players that have other summer interests. The key is to replace them with even more players that CAN play in summer but have other interests through winter. What we have got to be about is letting as many people as possible play and support rugby league. If that means that some clubs operate a winter team alongside a summer team so be it. I think as a sport we have taken a landmark decision to move to a summer season and in my opinion as many clubs and players as possible should follow that lead. We also need to replace older negative influences at clubs with inclusive, welcoming people that want to help the sport to grow rather than fight endless political battles.
Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users