Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Interesting excerpt from the Pennine ARL minutes

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#81 Gar

Gar
  • Coach
  • 118 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:52 AM

To ensure the game is fully compliment with the recent legal ruling?

#82 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,675 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:45 AM

To ensure the game is fully compliment with the recent legal ruling?

Exactly and that's why Dudley Hill didn't get a gig in the Pennine, on a further point, shouldn't the RFL & NCL be making sure that Dudley Hill paid it's due's before allowing them to have fixtures in the summer ?

I'm simply saying this because we obviously don't want ###### for tat developing because the next step would be allowing guys suspended in one season being allowed to play in another (forgot the RFL have already done this which resulted in permit players being stopped)

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#83 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 434 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:35 AM

Exactly and that's why Dudley Hill didn't get a gig in the Pennine, on a further point, shouldn't the RFL & NCL be making sure that Dudley Hill paid it's due's before allowing them to have fixtures in the summer ?

I'm simply saying this because we obviously don't want ###### for tat developing because the next step would be allowing guys suspended in one season being allowed to play in another (forgot the RFL have already done this which resulted in permit players being stopped)

The NCL should audit fines, and normally do for new applicants, not sure what they do for existing clubs.  I suppose all parties would need to check, how much the fine is, what its for and when was it due?

#84 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,262 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:52 AM

Isn't the whole point of having one set of rules, under one governing body, that there are no inconsistencies / loopholes and general shennanigans? I reckon we would all agree on that - what we don't necessarily agree on is who is best placed to set and police those rules.

By the way, I don't believe that the RFL fully understands the community game and the issues that surround some aspects of its governance. We have a real opportunity here to sweep away some of the anachronisms, but there are several babies that could be thrown out with the bathwater if its not done properly.
North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2014 - the hard work starts now

#85 Gar

Gar
  • Coach
  • 118 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:05 AM

Isn't the whole point of having one set of rules, under one governing body, that there are no inconsistencies / loopholes and general shennanigans? I reckon we would all agree on that - what we don't necessarily agree on is who is best placed to set and police those rules.By the way, I don't believe that the RFL fully understands the community game and the issues that surround some aspects of its governance. We have a real opportunity here to sweep away some of the anachronisms, but there are several babies that could be thrown out with the bathwater if its not done properly.

I'm slightly confused ( which is not unusual). If we are all agreed that there should only be one set of rules under one governing body then they can surely only be set and administered by the rfl? It's the content of those rules and certain leagues ( or administrators within those leagues ) unwillingness to concede any power or control to the rfl that's the issue.. Hopefully the consultation process will address legitimate concerns over content but as for all leagues taking a sensible pragmatic approach and the opportunity to improve the whole game fat chance.

Edited by Gar, 20 August 2013 - 11:06 AM.

#86 nec

nec
  • Coach
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:58 AM

On that point why would the RFL need clubs to sign up to the Operational Rules?

I am not a governing body, they need consistency I don't
Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

#87 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,262 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:14 PM

I'm slightly confused ( which is not unusual). If we are all agreed that there should only be one set of rules under one governing body then they can surely only be set and administered by the rfl? It's the content of those rules and certain leagues ( or administrators within those leagues ) unwillingness to concede any power or control to the rfl that's the issue.. Hopefully the consultation process will address legitimate concerns over content but as for all leagues taking a sensible pragmatic approach and the opportunity to improve the whole game fat chance.

Actually now you mention it I'm not sure we do all agree that there should be one governing body!

There is a lot of distrust in the RFL, bordering on paranoia sometimes, that is very difficult to overcome.
North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2014 - the hard work starts now

#88 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,675 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:31 PM

Isn't the whole point of having one set of rules, under one governing body, that there are no inconsistencies / loopholes and general shennanigans? I reckon we would all agree on that - what we don't necessarily agree on is who is best placed to set and police those rules.

By the way, I don't believe that the RFL fully understands the community game and the issues that surround some aspects of its governance. We have a real opportunity here to sweep away some of the anachronisms, but there are several babies that could be thrown out with the bathwater if its not done properly.

I totally agree Tim and it's not rocket science to sort it,. all you have to do is get equal numbers of each group round a table (without ale) and I don't mean the community board who are in reality RFL puppets, once a template for a system has been sorted hand it back to the amateur leagues to run their competitions within the guidelines, the RFL get a pyramid and the amateurs still control the running of their little empire.

Edited by Marauder, 20 August 2013 - 03:55 PM.

#89 Gar

Gar
  • Coach
  • 118 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:48 PM

That's the problem. Too many people more concerned with building their own little empires rather than the good of the game as a whole.

#90 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:28 PM

No Gar no empire builders just hard working realists not pie in the sky romantics .

#91 Nev V Dawn

Nev V Dawn
  • Coach
  • 286 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:30 AM

I totally agree Tim and it's not rocket science to sort it,. all you have to do is get equal numbers of each group round a table (without ale) and I don't mean the community board who are in reality RFL puppets, once a template for a system has been sorted hand it back to the amateur leagues to run their competitions within the guidelines, the RFL get a pyramid and the amateurs still control the running of their little empire.

The way that progress - or rather lack of it - is rumbling along, with the acceptance of the proposed RFL operational rules by BARLA and many leagues, this divide may become reality a lot sooner than expected.  

#92 thepimp007

thepimp007
  • Coach
  • 461 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:18 PM

I wish they would let them in as its unfair at the moment with half the teams in bradford simply take Dudley hill players for half a season to boost there results. Bowling boosted there performance adding Nathan kitson , who btw had signed for birkenshaw for £150 a game!!!! Wibsey added simon Sewell , jamie brently and Neil wall to their side to help them out.

Where have you got your info about Kitty from? I can assure you thats not true!

#93 thepimp007

thepimp007
  • Coach
  • 461 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:21 PM

Maybe these players were just returning to their original clubs or simply looking for better standards. And if Dudley Hill players are responsible for helping sevral other clubs to success, how come they are at present languishing mid table in NCL division one instead of topping the premier pile.

Think you will find all players mentioned were dudley Hill juniors!

#94 thepimp007

thepimp007
  • Coach
  • 461 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:27 PM

an excellent post. yes the pennine league have entry criteria and Bradford Dudley Hill did not meet them and were therefore not admitted. this has nothing to do with winter scoring points over summer. however, if you want to get into that game, BDH A today forfeited there game against Thornhill as they couldn't raise a team! so would they have been able to complete their fixtures in the winter?

The reason that game didnt go ahead how on earth are lads supposed to be motivated when the amount of games other teams have cancelled onm our A team have been unreal and there is no punishment for clubs in that league to do it! You cant keep expecting lads to turn up wondering whether they will get a game this week!

#95 thepimp007

thepimp007
  • Coach
  • 461 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:32 PM

We already do that in the North West Juniors but do not play in leagues they start at U13s .
We have groups at 11s and 12s with a view at looking at the younger age groups in 2014.

We had a perfect working model as I have quoted before starting in September and finishing in June with very few problems.

Anyway back to Dudley Hill ,could anyone throw their ten bobs worth in as to why they wanted to switch back ?

We dont want to switch back just ways at generating revenue for the club all year round

#96 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,675 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:38 PM

Think you will find all players mentioned were dudley Hill juniors!

Did they all play for the service area?

#97 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,675 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:42 PM

We dont want to switch back just ways at generating revenue for the club all year round

Wouldn't it have been simple to just pay your dues to the Bradford district & Pennine  league's then you could have played and generated a better income during the winter and given the guys who want to play all year round that opportunity.

#98 fatboystu

fatboystu
  • 276 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:52 PM

The reason that game didnt go ahead how on earth are lads supposed to be motivated when the amount of games other teams have cancelled onm our A team have been unreal and there is no punishment for clubs in that league to do it! You cant keep expecting lads to turn up wondering whether they will get a game this week!

i'm not slating you or your team pimp, just pointing out a fact. i know exactly what you mean about the number of cancelled games as well. IMO i think the YML is a poorly organised comp. they only want teams to play in it to give NCL A teams games, as they can't put them in one division together as there is too big a gap in standards between them.

#99 thepimp007

thepimp007
  • Coach
  • 461 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:15 AM

Did they all play for the service area?

Unsure on that I know Kitson did, what relevance does that have?

#100 thepimp007

thepimp007
  • Coach
  • 461 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:16 AM

Wouldn't it have been simple to just pay your dues to the Bradford district & Pennine  league's then you could have played and generated a better income during the winter and given the guys who want to play all year round that opportunity.

I agree, to be fair none of us knew about the situation until we read it in the league express! most of us were gearing up and preparing to run a team in the winter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users