Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Interesting excerpt from the Pennine ARL minutes

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#101 thepimp007

thepimp007
  • Coach
  • 461 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:18 AM

i'm not slating you or your team pimp, just pointing out a fact. i know exactly what you mean about the number of cancelled games as well. IMO i think the YML is a poorly organised comp. they only want teams to play in it to give NCL A teams games, as they can't put them in one division together as there is too big a gap in standards between them.

I totally agree, the league is a farce Birstall cancelled a game on us twice in a week and we didnt get handed the points, yet we had to concede points to Thornhill, the way it is run is a shambles, we had a third team at one point this summer but a lot of lads got disillusioned with the amount of games either side were actually playing

#102 fatboystu

fatboystu
  • 279 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:53 PM

and they wonder why some people slate summer rugby!! i've see both sides of the coin, i played 2 very enjoyable seasons for oxford i the 90's in what was a well run division and a very decent standard of rugby. i then had 1 year playing for leeds akkies and then south wakefield sharks. i find it somewhat sad that in the rush to promote summer rugby on a grander scale at amateur level the people in charge seem to overlook the fact that clubs/teams/players want to play in a well organised comp. its all well and good saying we've got x amount of teams playing in the summer season, when most of those teams don't play due to cancelled fixtures for whatever reason. if the game in the summer is to move forward then this needs addressing and quickly!

#103 old papa

old papa
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:51 PM

I totally agree, the league is a farce Birstall cancelled a game on us twice in a week and we didnt get handed the points, yet we had to concede points to Thornhill, the way it is run is a shambles, we had a third team at one point this summer but a lot of lads got disillusioned with the amount of games either side were actually playing

Not sure what the management of the YML can do any different all they can do is arrange fixtures if teams do not fulfil those fixtures what you  like them to do?. yes it is difficult regarding A teams but to be fair that is always the case in any comp.  

#104 thepimp007

thepimp007
  • Coach
  • 461 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:14 AM

Not sure what the management of the YML can do any different all they can do is arrange fixtures if teams do not fulfil those fixtures what you  like them to do?. yes it is difficult regarding A teams but to be fair that is always the case in any comp.  

I agree, its not the managements fault teams arent turning up, but the point i was making was teams have cancelled games on us left right and centre this year with the game being rearranged, we were still in the hunt for finishing second and we didnt recieve the points for any of the games they were just rearranged (and sometimes the teams cancelled again when it suited) but when we struggle for one game we have to forfeit the points which irked the lads even more

Edited by thepimp007, 07 September 2013 - 08:14 AM.

#105 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:32 AM

It is the leagues fault IF they have not administered in a concistant manner .

#106 Li0nhead

Li0nhead
  • Coach
  • 742 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:17 PM

I agree, its not the managements fault teams arent turning up, but the point i was making was teams have cancelled games on us left right and centre this year with the game being rearranged, we were still in the hunt for finishing second and we didnt recieve the points for any of the games they were just rearranged (and sometimes the teams cancelled again when it suited) but when we struggle for one game we have to forfeit the points which irked the lads even more

Gotta say i fully agree with everything the quoted poster has put in this thread. Watched our club who entered a team in the same division as the quoted poster and to be fair it was a bit of a joke league. 

Ok the NCL will still be the best league going but the fact is any decent NCL side needs 30ish players+ able to play at that level (we are not an NCL club anymore but used to be) but that means for NCL sides having a 2nd team playing whatever standard that 2nd team can play at but more importantly regular fixtures in a well administered league so you can pull players into the 1sts as needed. 

That league was not that and i can see that with lack of near certain fixtures would effect the pool of players to fall back on. 

Seems to me that the proper NCL leagues (prem, 1 and 2) are going as strong as ever but you need a decent set up below that. 

Edited by Li0nhead, 07 September 2013 - 07:18 PM.

#107 fatboystu

fatboystu
  • 279 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:54 PM

what he said ;)

#108 carlos

carlos
  • Coach
  • 417 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:43 PM

Im Just surprised DH cant resolve whatever issue it is with the bradford arl. A strong DH is good for the amateur game in our city and they would definitely have that in winter as well as summer given the amount of DH lads that are now playin winter RL elsehwre.

#109 Hx Irish

Hx Irish
  • Players
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:36 AM

I'm amazed Dudley Hill haven't got their own way, they usually do.

#110 thepimp007

thepimp007
  • Coach
  • 461 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:19 AM

I'm amazed Dudley Hill haven't got their own way, they usually do.

Always some clown has to pipe up with unfounded rubbish

#111 Hx Irish

Hx Irish
  • Players
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:56 PM

Always some clown has to pipe up with unfounded rubbish

Unfounded?  Theres been  plenty of occasions when Mr Harlands influence has swayed things in your clubs way. 

#112 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,695 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:10 PM

Unfounded?  Theres been  plenty of occasions when Mr Harlands influence has swayed things in your clubs way. 

What's Andy up to these days?

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#113 thepimp007

thepimp007
  • Coach
  • 461 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:53 AM

If you are referringback to that challenge cup game that got reversed because we didnt want to play on your dog dirt trodden field you need to get over it pal, the rules of the challenge cup are there and in terms of facilities your ground wasnt fit! You then got your own way by playing at Brighouse!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users