TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Midlands Finals

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,378 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:59 PM

Leamington beat Derby in the division 2(Merit) final 54-18 (3 red cards according to reports!)

Coventry Bears A beat NEW Ravens in the Division 1 final 50-16

Telford beat Cov Dragons 14-4

Edited by tim2, 17 August 2013 - 05:02 PM.

North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2015 - the hard work starts now

#2 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:14 PM

Congrats to Cov Bears .. we were beaten by the better team on the day .

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#3 RoyalsRL

RoyalsRL
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:12 PM

Yea one red for our player which was deserved and two for Derby. It was a bit of niggle between certain players and on the most part both teams behaved.Our game was tame compared to the Cov Dragons game which also had 3 red cards but one of the players who had been sent off ran back onto the field to get involved in an on field fight.

#4 London Drifter

London Drifter
  • Coach
  • 108 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:20 AM

one of the players who had been sent off ran back onto the field to get involved in an on field fight.

That player should be banned for life - such a dog thing to do.

#5 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,378 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:26 AM

The Midlands Disciplinary Panel is going to be on overtime! Very unusual to have a game with 3 cards, let alone 2 in one day.

#6 RoyalsRL

RoyalsRL
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:36 AM

I think in truth the players and officials felt the heightened sense of occasion and though that is not an excuse I think it played its part. I've seen worse regular season games where the same incidents would have brought yellow and not red cards. However its good that the officials clamp down on this sort of thing so no complaints from me.

#7 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,378 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:48 AM

Running back on is always a red.

#8 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,541 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:05 AM

Sounds like he'd already had a red so shouldn't have even been pitch side.

Big ban?

#9 RoyalsRL

RoyalsRL
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:04 PM

Sorry I was referring to the Leamington Derby game, not the incidents that occurred in the premier final.

#10 nec

nec
  • Coach
  • 2,380 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:58 AM

That player should be banned for life - such a dog thing to do.

Huge ban with a sine die ban suspended
Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

#11 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,031 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:10 PM

He will probably get a dozen games but it needs looking at how he was in a position to run back on.

I don't believe in reincarnation but I did in a previous life

#12 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,378 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:54 PM

He will probably get a dozen games but it needs looking at how he was in a position to run back on.

It's surprising that players and officials aren't aware that players who are sent off have to vacate the immediate playing area and stay away. It's not just amateurs either - I was 5th official at a game at Don Valley and the Match Commissioner had to tell one of the players who had been sent off to go to the changing rooms (which are on the opposite side) after he went to the dug out. It's a real walk of shame at Don Valley - a long way for the crowd to make its feelings known. Hopefully no-one will have to make that walk in Thursday's last ever game there.

I guess we should await any reports before becoming judge, jury and executioner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users