Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Featherstone Lions

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 6brackendale

6brackendale
  • Players
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:32 PM

Featherstone have failed to travel today.

#2 costa

costa
  • Players
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:24 PM

They beat Woolston convincingly last time out. Did Sharlston Rovers have a pre season friendly?

#3 6brackendale

6brackendale
  • Players
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:28 PM

I think Sharlston put out two teams today !

#4 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 5,977 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:30 PM

Featherstone have failed to travel today.

Is there a reason as it doesn't look like they've conceded the points as the games coming up as postponed on the NCL site.

#5 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 428 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:54 AM

You can't "concede" points in NCL as the rules states all games have to be played, so will show as P-P until played

In sure the reasons will transpire shortly

#6 EdinburghExile

EdinburghExile
  • Coach
  • 533 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:17 PM

Apparently they couldn't afford to travel.

#7 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,675 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:22 PM

Cars

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#8 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 428 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:20 AM

Its a shame they've ended up in this situation after picking up some form recently

#9 Back In The Good Old Days

Back In The Good Old Days
  • Coach
  • 140 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:58 PM

Perhaps their skint due to paying the mercenaries from sharlston?

#10 old papa

old papa
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:44 AM

Not easy for any club paying for coaches but I would say it is one of the priority's of been in the NCL that you can fulfil fixture which includes travelling to the away games. Paying players is not a priority and is the first step down a slippery slope. If Featherstone Lions are doing this then they only have themselves to blame, does seem a shame that a club that produces as many player that they do struggle for players that are totally committed to them. Hope they can get sorted and sort their problems out. 

#11 Walter

Walter
  • Coach
  • 437 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:14 PM

I wonder which muppet started the false rumour about them not being able to afford to travel? the coach was there waiting!

really feel for the hardworking committee there who have been let down.

#12 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,675 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:38 PM

I wonder which muppet started the false rumour about them not being able to afford to travel? the coach was there waiting!

really feel for the hardworking committee there who have been let down.

It's an hard one to work out, they appear to have a thriving junior section but lose players once they turn open-age.

#13 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:14 PM

Good luck to Clive and the rest of the committee at Lions. I hope they manage to turn round the clubs fortunes. Been close to the "edge" with my own club. Not a nice situation and takes a lot of hard work from a lot on unpaid volunteers to put it right. Loyal players help but they are thin on the ground these days.
  • Gar likes this

#14 cheesecretary

cheesecretary
  • Coach
  • 249 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:03 AM

Good luck to Clive and the rest of the committee at Lions. I hope they manage to turn round the clubs fortunes. Been close to the "edge" with my own club. Not a nice situation and takes a lot of hard work from a lot on unpaid volunteers to put it right. Loyal players help but they are thin on the ground these days.

Too true Celtic - i think a lot of clubs are close as you say 

#15 Historical value

Historical value
  • Players
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:36 PM

Close to the edge, I have spoken to most , of the premier teams managements, and they are all struggling, all citing summer, as the reason. Even at st pats, we're Peter Moran was seen at most home games in winter, are in the same boat. By the way, Peter has,nt been seen much in summer, maybe he,s in the garden, or on a stag doo, even a wedding, or probably on holiday. Or got his head buried in the sand, at southport.

#16 Back In The Good Old Days

Back In The Good Old Days
  • Coach
  • 140 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:23 PM

If this is the case then surely the club reps need to inform the NCL management committee asap!

My view of the NCL is that is ran by the clubs for the clubs or have I miss read this!

As this season draws to a close we need some decent proposals to either tweek the format and make summer work or have a long hard think about staying as we are.

#17 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,675 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:55 PM

If this is the case then surely the club reps need to inform the NCL management committee asap!

My view of the NCL is that is ran by the clubs for the clubs or have I miss read this!

As this season draws to a close we need some decent proposals to either tweek the format and make summer work or have a long hard think about staying as we are.

Only after a recommendation from the committee who have been doing good deals with the RFL since 1066

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users