Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

End Of Season Predictions After Sunday 18th August

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 360 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:38 PM

After Sunday the 18th August the league tables and my predictions are as follows :- The Kingstone Press Championship 1

GAMES   PREDICTED   FINAL        FINAL

P   W   L   D     PF    PA    DIFF   BNS    PTS    LEFT        POINTS      POINTS   POSITION

1 Oldham RLFC                  16  12   3   1    508   289    219       3        41         0                  0               41               2
2 North Wales Crusaders    14  12   2   0    513   176    337       1        37         2                  6               43              1
3 Rochdale Hornets             15   9    6   0   466    363    103       2        29         1                  3               32              3
4 London Skolars                 14   9    5   0   445    418     27        2        29         2                  3               32              4
5 Hemel Stags                      15   8   7    0   359   341     18         3       27          1                 3               30              5
6 Oxford RLFC                     15   5    9   1   296   406   -110        4       21          1                 0                21             6
7 South Wales Scorpions     15   5  10   0   346   469   -123        4      19           1                 0               19              7
8 Gateshead Thunder           15   3  11   1   332   520   -188        6      17           1                 0               17              8
9 Gloucestershire All Golds  15   2  12    1   274   557   -283       4      12           1                  0               14             9

REMAINING GAMES AND PREDICTIONS

London V North Wales         Away Win  NORTH WALES NEED TO WIN AND LONDON GET NO BONUS POINT

Gateshead V Hemel               Away Win  GATESHEAD ARE MUCH IMPROVED AND COULD PRODUCE A SHOCK RESULT

North Wales V South Wales  Home Win NORTH WALES WILL BE FAR TO STRONG AND THE WIN WILL GIVE THEM THE TITLE

Oxford V London                    Away Win  LONDON TO WIN TO END UP 4TH

Rochdale V Gloucester          Home Win  A MUST WIN GAME TO END UP 3RD

First get automatic promotion. 2nd to 6th in playoffs. North Wales Promoted

Week 1      8th September

2nd place get a bye. 3rd play 4th (match A), 5th play 6th (Match B ) Oldham Get A Bye, Hornets v London Hornets Win. Hemel V Oxford Hemel Win

Week 2     15th September

2nd-placed team v Winner Match A (winner to Play-off final, loser at home in Week 3) (Match C) Oldham v Hornets Oldham Win

Losing team Match A v Winning team match B (loser eliminated) (Match D) London v Hemel London Win

Week 3      22nd September

Losing team Match C v Winner Match D (winner to Play-off final, loser eliminated) (Match E) Hornets v  LondonHornets Win

Week 4        29th September At Leigh Sports Village.

Kingstone Press Championship One play-off final: Winner Match C v Winner Match E OLDHAM v HORNETS, I HAVE GOT TO SAY HORNETS WIN AND PROMOTION

COMENTS PLEASE.

Edited by Big Doug, 19 August 2013 - 07:49 PM.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

#2 ormskirknet

ormskirknet
  • Players
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:08 PM

The perfect scenario eh Doug!

I hope your right

#3 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 360 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:32 PM

The oposite Scenaro with London getting a bonus point against North Wales and therefore ending up in 3rd place and us having to go to London twice with a victory on the second visit to get into the play off final. That I do not want to think about. 

#4 Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster
  • Coach
  • 413 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:16 PM

So if your Predictions are correct and Promotion is Gained How many of the Current Squad will be Retained ? , If Any ! 

"There are only 5 functions of Internet FORUMS. . . . . . . . . . Brag . . Patronise . . Wind-up . . Fawn . . Threaten. . . . . . . . . Which one did you perform? "

Andy 'Ghosty' Rogose is Ghostbuster

(Vice Chairman Rochdale Fijian Association) (Member Rochdale Mayfield A.R.L.F.C)

#5 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 360 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:47 PM

If we gained promotion we could not afford to pay big money so we would struggle. Having said that the run in to the end of the season for Hornets and Mayfield is going to be well worth watching. Lets give both of them all our support.

#6 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:52 PM

Unfortunately I'll be missing for the rest of the season, DAMN IT, unless we get to the play-off final in which case I'll get there one way or another!!!!!  Not jumping the gun or anything but where are the finals held, still Warrington?

Pugwash.

Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#7 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 782 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:02 AM

Leigh sports village
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.