Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * - - 1 votes

March says Finn to Fax

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#21 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:00 PM

Unfortunately,one of the big problems of aiming for the upper echelons. It is a bigger problem than many appreciate.It is saddening to see, especially in the round ball game, players, having just won promotion to the top level, enjoying the moment on the field, little realizing that although winning this honour for the club and the fans, most of them will be discarded in order that the club sustains a position at that level. 

Apologize for being so cynical, but I am afraid that is the way of the sporting world, 

Edited by Bob Crowther, 18 August 2013 - 08:02 PM.

#22 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:06 PM

Unfortunately,one of the big problems of aiming for the upper echelons. It is a bigger problem than many appreciate.It is saddening to see, especially in the round ball game, players, having just won promotion to the top level, enjoying the moment on the field, little realizing that although winning this honour for the club and the fans, most of them will be discarded in order that the club sustains a position at that level. 
Apologize for being so cynical, but I am afraid that is the way of the sporting world,

Spot on, when Leeds Utd were promoted in 1990, one of their biggest drivers of the promotion year was Vinny Jones, he was used only once by Leeds again and other stars of promotion such as Davison and Day were seldom seen again in the Leeds strip.

#23 ethelred the unready

ethelred the unready
  • Players
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:01 PM

Finn hasn't signed for Halifax - fact. March is a stirrer and a sore loser. Also he doesn't know what he is talking about. No need to panic.

#24 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,170 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:04 PM

not disputing that. the point I am making is even though its an RFL approved testimonial. which fans will be buying into it.....Featherstone fans.
if what Mr March has decided to announce is correct it may or may not affect 'some' Featherstone fans backing of a deserved testimonial. I see March has also advised Batley one of their new signings which is also very unprofessional

As part of Liam's Testimonial committee this is one thing I was also concerned about the effect it would have on any future events. I think this could have been a ploy by Mr March to probably unsettle opponents etc, but is also very unprofessional at the same time.
Im Fev and im proud

#25 parko1370

parko1370
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:04 PM

If he's signed then let him go but what about his testimonial there's a lot of people who has done a lot for him whats he gonna do take the wedge and go

Edit text speak

Edited by Maureen T-k, 18 August 2013 - 09:19 PM.

#26 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,170 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:18 PM

If he's signed then let him go but what about his testimonial there's a lot of people who has done a lot for him whats he gonna do take the wedge and go

That's unfair to say that

Edited by Maureen T-k, 18 August 2013 - 09:25 PM.

Im Fev and im proud

#27 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:57 PM

Why take the word of Marchy??? He's just trying to rock the Halifax boat before they play them on Thursday. He knows nothing about Liam Finn's plans for the future.
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#28 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:17 AM

Edit text speak

If you were a Fev lad and played all your rugby at other clubs, wouldn't you like to finish your career at your hometown club? I bet you won't complain if Rob Burrow ends up here in a year or two?

#29 parko1370

parko1370
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:28 AM

If you were a Fev lad and played all your rugby at other clubs, wouldn't you like to finish your career at your hometown club? I bet you won't complain if Rob Burrow ends up here in a year or two?

#30 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:31 AM

Spot on Steve. Except thst would mean Rob played for Cas for the last couple of years.

#31 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:16 AM

Why take the word of Marchy??? He's just trying to rock the Halifax boat before they play them on Thursday. He knows nothing about Liam Finn's plans for the future.

Absolutely correct Terry, this was the first thing that I thought when I read this post.  It seams we have a a crisis every week at Fev, more than when we were broke ;)

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#32 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:48 AM

We are going full time next season arnt we? So maybe this is why finny is leaving.As he as a good job and doesn't want to give it up just for 2 or 3 years of full time rugby. If he does leave I wish him well as he's been a great servant for us.

#33 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:22 AM

We are going full time next season arnt we? So maybe this is why finny is leaving.As he as a good job and doesn't want to give it up just for 2 or 3 years of full time rugby. If he does leave I wish him well as he's been a great servant for us.

You will do well to go FT on the cap in place for 2014, 2015 when we have SL 1&2 will see a few going FT from this division.

#34 ruggerbeleeg

ruggerbeleeg
  • Players
  • 82 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:01 AM

Edit text speak

Surely his testimonial has to do what he has allready done for the game and he deserves it, what he does in the future shouldn't come into it.

There is no way Liam Finn would do anything untoward against Rovers and without them agreeing to it.

If there is any truth to the story it will be on that basis and if not then nothing to be concerned about.

#35 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,777 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:50 AM

as for liams testimonial though that was from rfl for sevices to the game and not from rovers

And did he pop round to Red Hall asking the staff to support it ?

Or was it Rovers' fans ?

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#36 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:17 PM

Blinking heck and just think, a few weeks ago people were complaining that this forum was boring, dead and buried. I think that it is a disinformation plot

#37 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,170 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:10 PM

And did he pop round to Red Hall asking the staff to support it ?

Or was it Rovers' fans ?

Stop being facetious
Im Fev and im proud

#38 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 710 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:31 PM

I m personally Sick of hearing from every tom dick an harry , surmising one thing or another about next season ,especially when this seasons getting down to the big finish

Edited by dydo, 19 August 2013 - 02:33 PM.

#39 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:59 PM

That's the point if the club let us know what was happening before someone not connected with it does this wouldn't happen If they say they don't know then we as fans have to believe it but its now in the rugby papers and if the paper contacted March to tell him it was being published and asked Karl Harrison to comment on it are we saying that they haven't contacted the Fev club about it all I hope he stays but if he does go I wish him well he has/is a great player for us but I would like to here it from my own club first especially when the player himself said he would only go if Fev didn't want him

This club it great at imforming us about games and what is been done at the club with the web site and the news letters but if it the coaching staff or players we here from another source first although I must stress that they will answer at the forums if they can

With out going off topic It looks like another player left last week in Tom Hodgson but we have no official release from the club as of yet

#40 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 710 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:10 PM

Hopefully the clubs thinking like i am, concentrating and focused on getting some silverware instead of answering to rumours and speculating every two minutes .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users